It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by SKinLaB

Thanks, but ballons are not the right answer.

Look again. Ballons ALWAYS are the oficial statement, but this is ridiculous.

Are scientists and journalists aware that hundreds of thousands of similar sightings have been made by people around the world, dating back thousands of years?

From this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regardless of what the officials 'always say', this particular video screams 'balloons' more than almost any other ufo/balloon sighting.

The movement of the balloons, the reaction to the wind, the inability to push upwards past a certain point.

Any of us who were inquisitive children can spot this sort of behavior and identify it as balloon almost immediately.

If you were really digging, and if you really want to post an amazing sighting from that day, find the local Fox news affiliate NIGHT TIME footage.

Edit To Add: Even the video that i'm suggesting is only interesting at best, and could very well be Jupiter and its Moons depending on the HD camera's zoom capabilities.

here it is.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-11-2010 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muckyman

Originally posted by markjaxson
UFO's putting on a display for us would seem the more reasonable explanation, especially considering that whatever this was, supposedly carried on for hours.

More reasonable than a bunch of ballons ? Seriously some ppl are ...........

Maybe its just maome, or jesus floating around or budha. This will be far more reasonable.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Any of us who were inquisitive children can spot this sort of behavior and identify it as balloon almost immediately.

I think inquisitive children will just think the opposite of that.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Ok so I know I'm green to this site, but I have been interested in this stuff my whole life. I consider myself a skeptic but I still believe that there is a bigger picture and that we have been visited over thousands of years. Having said that I find that RUSSO's insistence that these are anything more than balloons a bit disconcerting. From what I've seen on the site people are generally open minded when it comes to "out of this world issues". It just seems like the OP found this on u-tube and thought it was conclusive proof. I'm sorry but with an engineering background and a general understanding of physics there is no "WOW" factor to this video. It looks like balloons from the start and IMHO anyone's first guess and simplest answer is the correct one. If they exhibited some "awesome" movement or great physics feat I did not see it throughout the entire video.
edit on 30-11-2010 by MechEng09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

If you were really digging, and if you really want to post an amazing sighting from that day, find the local CBS affiliate NIGHT TIME footage

I will search for this, thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MechEng09

Seems that some agree with you. But some people not(and I'm one of them). Thanks for your post.

edit on 30-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muckyman

Compared to a bunch of balloons keeping a perfect triangle formation whilst spinning on a fixed point, not to mention immunity to any air currents.

Its either UFO's.... or balloons defying the laws of nature.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I like most of your threads Russo and some of them are quite thought provoking. Your excitement for the subject is palpable and honestly refreshing in an area that has become filled with jaded cynics. Unfortunately I count myself among them more often than not these days, years of disappointment can do that to you. That said, I've got to go with the balloon theory, I've just seen too many similar videos over the years to think otherwise. Don't let the rude posters get to you though, at the end of the day does their opinion really matter?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

You know what I think funny? If this was not a RAW recording, many here would be saying that this is CGI.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern
reply to post by RUSSO

I like most of your threads Russo and some of them are quite thought provoking. Your excitement for the subject is palpable and honestly refreshing in an area that has become filled with jaded cynics. Unfortunately I count myself among them more often than not these days, years of disappointment can do that to you. That said, I've got to go with the balloon theory, I've just seen too many similar videos over the years to think otherwise. Don't let the rude posters get to you though, at the end of the day does their opinion really matter?

And i thank you for your presence here. I respect you opinion. I can be wrong. I just like plausible answers, that's all. If someone convince me that these are ballons i will shut up. The problem is that I'm not convinced at all.

at the end of the day does their opinion really matter?

Never.

And you are always welcome to a healthy discussion with me.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

And please, your opinion on this is more than welcome:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Very true, thankfully theres going to be more and more sightings in HD to look forward to, that cannot and will not be debunked.

If this footage does get debunked i will be more than happy with a good explantion as to why these balloons can keep in that perfect triangle formation whilst rotating in one direction then stop and rotate in the opposite direction.

Until then this ranks up there with the STS Nasa mission videos.
edit on 30-11-2010 by markjaxson because: none

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by markjaxson

perfect triangle formation whilst rotating in one direction then stop and rotate in the opposite direction.

Indeed. Star for you.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

why these balloons can keep in that perfect triangle formation whilst rotating in one direction then stop and rotate in the opposite direction

i think very normal average wind could do that.
again, is there any reason why i shouldnt think these are balloons? whats the argument for these being 'ufo's' ?
i dont want to appear rude, but when people are so adamant about this being notable footage, id like to understand why.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

You made your point. OK, you did.
Yes, we all know you think its ballons in the wind. OK, fine to me.

Please, now that all ATS know your point, (i know, you think its ballons in the normal average wind), stop post that. It is getting a little bit annoying reading your posts.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that video from Fox news used a clip in which the cameraman keep saying "they are definitely balloons' several times. Of course FOX did not let us hear that.

I cant seem to find that video again, can someone post a link to back me up lol

www.youtube.com...

thats the one with actual sound
edit on 30-11-2010 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

For those who keep banging on the 'eye witnesses are more credible' thing, i guess eye witnesses such as this one are just not credible enough

edit on 30-11-2010 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
reply to post by RUSSO

Very true, thankfully theres going to be more and more sightings in HD to look forward to, that cannot and will not be debunked.

If this footage does get debunked i will be more than happy with a good explantion as to why these balloons can keep in that perfect triangle formation whilst rotating in one direction then stop and rotate in the opposite direction.

Until then this ranks up there with the STS Nasa mission videos.
edit on 30-11-2010 by markjaxson because: none

If you were willing to accept a logical explanation in this case, you'd be moving on by now.

You falsifying events or activities during said events lends absolutely ZERO to the discussion.

These balloons didn't hold a perfect triangle. They rotated a few times and formed what may have looked like a triangle from the camera's perspective, but in no way did they hold this or ANY other formation for more than a few seconds. The balloons moving in one direction and then the next is indicitive of an inflatable reacting to the wind's natural currents.

I'm not bashing your statements, or ridiculing you in any way so please, don't take this as such an attack.

I do know however that SCIENTIFICALLY, there is a right way and a wrong way to look at EVERYTHING.

Being overly in favor of an opinion, to the point that you're willing to lie to yourself, or ignore the facts, is just as bad and maybe WORSE than the skeptic that favors an opinion to the point that he lies to himself and ignores the facts.

I just want you to be able to go about it the right way.

This video really shouldn't be in debate.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vinunleaded

You mean this:

this:

this:

or this?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

This video really shouldn't be in debate.

But it IS and you cant do anything about that, can you? Errr, ops, you can scream: Baloons in the wind!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I have personally seen a UFO, which makes it easier for me to determine the difference between balloons or UFO's (Extra-Terrestrial/Terrestrial).

Replay this video as many times as you can, and watch very carefully for the movements these 3 UFO's (Or balloons if you want to start off with that idea) simultaneously and perfectly keep that triangle shape without any of them slightly going out of line with the other two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join