It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem
Now while these objects do tend to rotate around one another the always keep their triangular pattern, and while they do appear to be effected by the wind in relation to each other, it doesn't pose a problem for the camera man to keep up with,. So for all practical purpose they are stationary. Although my gut tells me these are Mylar balloons tied to a triangular frame and suspended from a line of some kind, it does not explain how two more can just appear out of nowhere. Intriguing...

Please tell me at what point in the video 2 others just appear ,because at the start of the video you see 5 balloons, thats what they are balloons 3 tied together a 2 seperate later the 3 balloons breakaway from each other.

NO foo's no ufo's just balloons

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

check out these sites.

thenewsoftoday.com...
www.ghosttheory.com...

i think they are balloons

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I never denied that they were ballons, but to just tie three balloons together would not allow them to keep thier triangular pattern, there would have to be some kind of framework. Granted there is no evidence of the framework in the film other than the balloons tend to hold thier relitive position to one another. and in the beginning i only saw the three originally, and like mentioned before there is a woman saying" there's two more" at which time the camera man zooms out to catch them in the frame. It is very well possible I may have missed these two others at the beginning. What I find interesting is that no-one claims responsibility or foreknowledge of the event and came forward with testemony, instead just leaving the question of what really happened for everyone to ponder. Do I believe this is proof of exteterrestrials? hell no, as i said they appear to be Mylar balloons.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This some fine footage. Are they balloons?..maybe,.. are they intergalactic spacecraft?..possibly,.. are they unidentified flying objects?, without a doubt! This is classical "UFO" footage that the OP has posted here. Not detailed enough to come to a definitive conclusion to what the "objects really are, but just clear enough to open up the flood gates of speculation. Herein lies the problem, it's the classic "us versus them" footage! Obviously, the majority of UFO "believers" are going to lean more towards this being "alien spacecraft" or something associated with it, whereas skeptics and debunkers are going to lean more towards "logical" explanations..balloons, weather anomalies, etc. My point being, people are going to see what they wanna see in relation to their personal logic and beliefs, and this footage is a good example of that. Though it is good, clear, day-light footage, it still isn't clear and detailed enough to discern what these objects are beyond a shadow of a doubt. I believe this footage just raises more questions than answers, I wish it were the other way around, but this footage just isn't definitive enough to come to any clear conclusions. Good footage nonetheless, nice job OP.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Anyone with a still on the original count of the balloons.
An invisible ship just doesn't work with these separated lightning balls and
the foo ship would be too small to clump together the size of balloons.

Or is there a balloon size problem and later the high reflectivity later on
as they separate.

What the people were looking at we can't tell.
I think the balloons were followed by chance something UFO might be caught
especially when you see the shape shifting and disappearing act pulled off
by the balloons at first.

Balloon or foo looking at Santa?

edit on 12/5/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Rofl, this is why "ufology" is a laughing stock. People posting stupid videos of BALLOONS, are you really that desperate? This is even worse than the blurry dots in the sky being claimed to be et craft, which is quite an accomplishment.
Balloons tied together, jeez.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I thought they were baloons at first to be honest, as if tied together with a rope..

That kinda changed when the other 2 appeared. This is definately one of the more interesting video's ive seen so far.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

thought they were balloons until 4:30 minutes in. Very clearly not balloons tied together.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Balloons? I didn't realize balloons could float stationary in turbulent air flow. I am also curious how they got the 4th and 5th "balloons" to magically appear in such strange relation to the other three "balloons" ... and so bright?

Not sure what we're looking at (although balloons is/was my thought) but just to clarify the 'magically' appearing comment: I noticed in the very beginning there were 3 points of interest. The middle one turns out to be the 'three objects' but it looks like it was always accompanied by at least two others.

Go watch again and pause it about 5-8 seconds in to see the 'five' objects all together

PS Why does CBS even have this? That's a bit odd.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

those other balloons only appeared because the camera zoomed back in.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
For most of the video they just seemed like three balloons tied together. When they separated but continued to keep their triangular shape I thought it was weird but nothing "extraterrestrial". What really made think that these might not just be some yellow balloons was when two more appeared out of nowhere toward the end of the video. I'm not really sure about this though because it could definitely go either way. For all we know someone was having a party and a couple of balloons were let loose.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

is it possible there were more then two balloons. just because we only see two balloons then some more doesnt mean they werent there before. i feel UFOs exist but I dont feel these are UFOs at all.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Balloons?

No way dude

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlffmn27
For most of the video they just seemed like three balloons tied together. When they separated but continued to keep their triangular shape I thought it was weird but nothing "extraterrestrial". What really made think that these might not just be some yellow balloons was when two more appeared out of nowhere toward the end of the video. I'm not really sure about this though because it could definitely go either way. For all we know someone was having a party and a couple of balloons were let loose.

They most certainly did NOT appear out of nowhere. Re-watch the video. There are 5 'things' the whole time. Scroll up a few post. I even grabbed it. printed and posted it for your viewing pleasure.

Not saying these are or aren't balloons but let's try to stick to as much as the facts as possible

PS View it on Full Screen so you can see the other two 'things' which appear, 4-seconds into the video.

edit on 5-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfnow2
reply to post by surfnow2

is it possible there were more then two balloons. just because we only see two balloons then some more doesnt mean they werent there before. i feel UFOs exist but I dont feel these are UFOs at all.

UGH!!!!
Watch the video in Full Screen. There are 5 objects the whole time

(sorry to yell
)
edit on 5-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

you are correct on that one. there is definitely 3 objects in the beginning. good eye

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

you are correct on that one. there is definitely 3 objects in the beginning. good eye

Well....that's what they pay me to do around here

But, thank you!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There is some research indicating that some UFO cases have been caused by stratospheric balloons. In a post on the blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com... I wrote:

"I mentioned in my post dated 28 October 2010, that I came across an astronomy article describing stratospheric balloon research in Australia. The article, in part, stated that "...nearly 800 balloon flights have taken place in Australia since 1960 with over 100 being conducted from Alice Springs."

The article also revealed that as early as 1960, the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission was in Australia using stratospheric balloons (in a parallel mission to the USAF Operation Crowflight) to sample the air at high altitudes for evidence from nuclear test fallout.

Crowflight:

In fact, the National Archives of Australia website digitised files on Operation Crowflight, mention that in 1960 the U.S. and Australian Governments were discussing the use of a balloon program to check on radioactive fallout.

Balloon website:

I located an excellent website at stratocat.com.ar... which indicated that there had been three main locations from which stratospheric balloons have been launched in Australia, namely Mildura in Victoria; Charleville in Queensland and Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.

Mildura (Latitude 34deg 11min South, Longitude 142 deg 10min East)

Mildura was selected by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission in 1960 as a balloon launching station as part of the global HIBAL program. This was a program aimed at collecting dust samples from between 40,000 and 135,000 feet with 20 minutes to four hours of levelled flight. 600 flights were made between 1960 and 1966. HIBAL was then extended to 1969.

Between 1967 and 1980 150 other flights were launched for astronomical purposes. Apart from Mildura, other launch sites were Longreach, Queensland; Broken Hill, New South Wales, and Alice Springs, Northern Territory.

Charleville

Only two balloon launches were made to study supernova 1987-A on 29 Oct and 25 Nov 1988.

Alice Springs

The balloon launch program was established in 1975 and about 150 balloon launches have been undertaken since then. The stratocat website provides a partial list of dates for some of these balloon launches.

UFO/balloon characteristics:

What characteristics would I expect a stratospheric balloon observation to have?

1. Daylight observation.
2. Sunlight reflecting off an object.
3. Travelling in a constant direction, subject to wind direction at various altitudes.
4. Moving very slowly across the sky -hence maybe a long duration observation.
5. Object might appear as more than a point source due to the size of the balloon.
6. Seemingly very high up in the sky.
7. Location - anywhere in Australia.
8. Seen by single person or a group.
9. Silver/white in colour.
10. No sound.

UFO reports:

I started off by looking at the Disclosure Australia project archive at disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org... and their listing of RAAF UFO reports.

My initial examination comparing UFO reports with my list of expected characteristics of balloon observations gave me a list of over 20 potential balloon sightings. I then went to the National Archives of Australia website to examine the actual report form on their digital files."

There are three further parts to this research, on ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't see it the first time.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Do you remember when balloons were just ballons? I am a firm believer in some sort of technology that 99.99% of earth's population is unaware of, but come on!

Wasn't CBS started back in the day from gov't business cronies that wanted to spread gov't dissinfo, (example: Dan Rather and the Kennedy coverage)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is hardly a story.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join