It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Personally, a teacher that gets balloons that fly IN FORM FOR EIGHT MINUTES AT A HIGH ALTITUDE must be getting engagement gifts from the Vulcans, because I've never seen balloons like that on this planet.

Try attending a class that does this, any class. But I guess you'd need to have attended school and had obtained an education in order to be able to have experienced such things...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sstark
someone please close this awful topic? This thread makes every one of here look completely stupid just by giving it attention it does not deserve.
edit on 2-12-2010 by sstark because: (no reason given)

This is your opinion. Why not let other people have their own opinions? It seems that the word UFO bothers you a little.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
At altitude, winds go different directions at different speeds - it's common to see this sort of activity. They are all uniform in shape and size - small and round. They don't seem to move with "intelligence".. they move back and forth, up and down erratically.. as if affected by wind. There were balloons released that day in NYC. Where are the videos of them departing? Of course.. there are none.. they just "drifted" away until they disappeared.

They are incredibly balloon-like.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingKickass123

Originally posted by dubiousone
I would agree that lack of any fighter jets or other planes going up to get a closer look pretty effectively debunks this.

What, a real UFO, in plain view, middle of the day, in New York, and our gov just gives it a "ho hum" and goes about its business as though nothing is happening? Very doubtful scenario. Probably means that, although to YOU the objects are "unidentified", to those who are charged with appropriately responding to such things there's nothing to see here.

Yeah and they are always honest and right.

They do many things quite well and honestly.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Oh my goodness. Twenty-One pages of precious bandwidth devoted to balloons. Several million people and hundreds of parties every day in NYC and people are discussing a set of balloons released from one of these parties??

Why not discuss what NASA might be releasing tomorrow (Thurs 12/2/2010) at the special news conference? They say it will be news regarding Extra-Terrestrial life. Much more exciting (potentially) than a balloon cluster.

-cwm

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I see this on the front page and am upset. This was already discussed when it first happened at least a month ago and I saw someone confirm they were balloons.

I live in NYC and work in Manhattan, saw these "ufos" myself and can confirm they were indeed balloons. I'm not exactly sure who it was (business,organization,etc), but I know that people were handing out silver helium balloons around Grand Central for who knows what.

What do people who are walking around the city with doors and subways to go in that aquire a balloon do? They let it go just like any paper they're handed in the street, only the balloons float.

The three lights together are indeed tied together. The other lights don't appear out of nowhere, the camera operator zooms out.

Yes it is windy up there but there is a consistency in wind direction and speed that high. Ever fly a kite?
Say you have three kites on the same beach, they will move in the same direction and become affected equally when the wind speed rises and drops so why wouldn't balloons? They wouldn't.
That's an easy way to understand why they seem to be in formation and at the same time, only slowly move away from eachother over time and were visible for so long.

Sorry for those of you who want it to be true. Believe me, I can't wait to see them either.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Azmus because: typo

edit on 2-12-2010 by Azmus because: should proof-read better next time

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If this really is a hoax, then whoever did it is a sadist and really just a bastard trying to get people all riled up. I'm still perplexed about all the UFO sightings this fall. What a hell of a fall for UFO enthusiasts...
edit on 2-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: wrong word

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have to agree with others; looks like 3 silvery balloons that are tied together and eventually slip loose of the knots.

I don't know if people are trying to ruin credibility with this sort of stuff or really believe it -- but really? It must be a slow news day at CBS while they fail to cover the revelations from Wikileaks or a million other things that affect our lives like the Republicans pushing against Unemployment Insurance for those who still cannot find work and pushing for the top .25% keeping a taX break that costs us 10 times more.

It may not be related at all -- but the Media sure seems to be more into distractions these days.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
I don't know if people are trying to ruin credibility with this sort of stuff or really believe it -- but really? It must be a slow news day at CBS while they fail to cover the revelations from Wikileaks or a million other things that affect our lives like the Republicans pushing against Unemployment Insurance for those who still cannot find work and pushing for the top .25% keeping a taX break that costs us 10 times more.

It may not be related at all -- but the Media sure seems to be more into distractions these days.

First you all complain that the bigger news agencies never carry these types of stories now you complain that they do..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the video of the pretty balloons twirling in the wind.

2nd line.
edit on 2-12-2010 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
reply to post by SKinLaB

I guess since he doesn't have any proof and neither do you, that would make it an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT, which is what the OP has been claiming all along.

See thats where you are wrong. To me it is IDENTIFIED. To you it is UNIDENTIFIED.

Some of you need to accept the fact that people are allowed to think what they want. I see many people on here try to convince people that they are wrong because they disagree over a topic that is nothing but opinion to begin with..
I dont care if you and others cant accept my opinion on the matter. Get over it.

Why cant we all just agree to disagree?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
THOUSANDS OF UFO's

Look notice how the ones tied together tumble around eachother and look at how ones untied together flow in unison. Wow. Incredible that people really want to think the OP footage is UFO footage... it is one of the worst UFO clips I have ever seen just because it is obviously balloons, therefore IDENTIFIED, therefore MOVE ON.

I am personally seraching for the best UFO clip I ever saw on good ol' VHS in the 90's, filmed from above (high vantage point) as a glowing ball of light moves slowly through a town (looked like south america), zig-zagging and going UNDER power lines. Now that is a UFO. Wish I could find it.

I think the OP is having a laugh. Surely.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They are balloons.. Even the OP's source CBS (the people that filmed it and saw them with their own eyes) thinks they are balloons.

CBS - New Yorkers Mistake Balloons For UFOs?

However, as CBS 2 cameras showed, the objects appeared to be yellow balloons, although there has been no official confirmation from the NYPD.

They would know because they were there filming them, and saw them with their own eyes, and had a better sense of depth of field and distance, so they had a better understanding of size and speed.

Plus, I don't have the source on hand right now but, witnesses with binoculars said they saw the air spout on the balloons, and strings, which are harder to see on digital photography because the strings were smaller than pixels at that distance. I'll try to find the source.

So... I see they are balloons, and eye witnesses say they were balloons too, and evidence shows they are very similar to balloons, so.... balloons they must be.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You know...
After watching that video, I wonder if there's some truth to the UFO theory. The balloons in your video really dont behave like the dots shown in the NY ones. The balloons in your video get smaller and disappear hella fast. They dont glow.
I've been leaning toward balloons but damn this is pretty interesting. Thank you for posting the video.

Originally posted by manmental
THOUSANDS OF UFO's

Look notice how the ones tied together tumble around eachother and look at how ones untied together flow in unison. Wow. Incredible that people really want to think the OP footage is UFO footage... it is one of the worst UFO clips I have ever seen just because it is obviously balloons, therefore IDENTIFIED, therefore MOVE ON.

I am personally seraching for the best UFO clip I ever saw on good ol' VHS in the 90's, filmed from above (high vantage point) as a glowing ball of light moves slowly through a town (looked like south america), zig-zagging and going UNDER power lines. Now that is a UFO. Wish I could find it.

I think the OP is having a laugh. Surely.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I actually just created this account, and I plan on keeping for a long time, but what really caught my attention are UFO's or Ballon's or whatever you want to call them. Personally, I cannot make out what they are myself. I've found a video of these same "Ballons" and/or UFO's here. You be the judge. I'm going to try to stay away from this thread, but that video is really something to look at. Watch the enitre video (Which is what many did not do for the video on this thread, as I can tell by reading posts.) before you make assumptions.

worldstarhiphop.com...

Yes I know, weird name for a site for UFO hunters, but the video is 110% legit.

*EDIT* : Also, another thing to point out is that the last time this happened, they didn't have anything going on in the area to say they were "Ballons" so they said it was an air show...Yea, I know.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Hockuu because: Forgot to add an important statement.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by RUSSO

Some class of students bought a bunch of balloons for their teachers wedding and they got away. I saw the students on the news back in October.

Watch yourself there. Sheeple only believe what they see at the media trough. Only -1% of the news is real. Eat that every day and you will die of starvation. Mentally speaking of course.

Have a box of Depends on hand. It is just the beginning.

ZG

Sheeple might...But people learn to pick and choose.
I believe in UFO's.
This isn't one of them

UFO Mystery Solved? www.myfoxny.com...

MYFOXNY.COM - Those UFOs seen over Manhattan the other day may have a perfectly logical explanation. An official at a school in Mount Vernon said they were probably a bunch of balloons from a party. "Now when I see the pictures, I know they were our balloons because they were iridescent," said Angela Freeman, the head of the Milestone School. Freeman said she heard a number of people in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood spotted what they UFOs. They were seen about an hour after several balloons got loose from the school. A parent brought four dozen balloons for an engagement party for teacher Andrea Craparo. A dozen balloons flew out of the parents' hands. It was windy Wednesday when the balloons took flight. The teachers at the school believe the balloons traveled south, possibly staying close to the Hudson River. Then they ended up in Chelsea. The National Weather Service says conditions that day could have made it possible for the balloons to travel that far. It caused such concern in Chelsea, people called the police and FAA. "It's crazy. I can't believe the attention," said Andrea Craparo, the teacher for whom the party was organized. The balloons haven't been recovered, but the Milestone School has taken off in the news locally and around the country.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleNickels

What evidence makes you say this?

No heat.

Orbs, what we are suspecting is ballons right. I suspect they are objects drop in the atmosphere high up less gravity operation by solar and controlled by pulsing a magnetic propulion system magnets with super cooling low kelvin range exotic chemicals nitrogen blends.

UFOlogy has numerous reports of what are claimed to be landing sites that evidence massive heat damage. Sometime soil is baked hard (and still warm when checked out). Are you saying that there are some anomalous sites which have no heat damage, and some that do (it's okay if this is so).

So what we are talking about the objects over NY correct not goverment aircraft.

Radar cannot even attemt to identify as it is not even looking in the freq. band.

This does not make sense.

Radar (originally 'RAdio Detection And Ranging') functions by transmitting an RF signal into the atmosphere and listening for parts of it to return. The idea is that the pulse goes out and dense objects reflect some of it back toward the point of origin. Less dense materials scatter the pulse in different ways, some of which is reflected to the point of origin. Some materials absorb most-to-all of the pulse, meaning that nothing is reflected back to the point of origin. The receiver doesn't have to be at the point of origin but usually is.

I can quote stuff out of wiki too.

But radar if you have used it you know that our capabilities are within the ghz and mhz frquency band you know 1ghz to 10 ghz or whatever your sweeping. How can you see something which is operational at much higher freq's.
It's also worth noting that the electrical conductivity of whatever a radar pulse hits is as important as how dense it is, if not moreso.

Some times radar will pass right through and object like it was not even there when resonating at specific frequencies.

signature:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sstark

Well, at least 85 people disagree with you.

Why so much desire to close this threat? Well, i think i know the answer.

edit on 2-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by sstark

Well, at least 85 people disagree with you.

Why so much desire to close this threat? Well, i think i know the answer.

edit on 2-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

well i never believe in stopping people from having an opinion and if you really believe they are not balloons then that is your opinion.

but why do people think it should be dropped? well there are people who believe them to be balloons based on the evidence, and pushing them as u.f.o.'s is doing little to give the u.f.o. subject any credibility what so ever.

i know u.f.o.'s are a real thing that occurs and needs more research and needs people to take it more seriously, however threads like this do very little in opening peoples eyes to the fact that it needs to be taken seriously.

i do not understand why pushing something that has all the hallmarks of balloons will convince people u.f.o.'s are a real phenomenon and make scientists sit up and notice.

even if they are really u.f.o.'s, if they look like a balloon and act like a balloon, then you have to cut your loses and accept that people will see it as a balloon and there is no point trying to go any further to try and convince people that they are not balloons but in fact u.f.o.'s.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Jo Jo
If they are balloons tied together how the heck do they end up spreading so far apart while keeping a steady triangular formation? I don't know what they are but I have a hard time believing that they are merely balloons.

3 POINTS WILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE A TRIANGLE DOH!!!!

Hey how about 3 points in a strait line? Wakey Wakey

Are you completely missing his point on purpose?

answer his question

First of all its STRAIGHT ok .
Try it for yourself get three balloons each with the same length of string tie them altogether and release them.
Then read his statement above put it in bold for you.

Whats more likely when WE KNOW 3 BALLOONS tied together would look like what was filmed

1) They are ballons
2) Those crafty aliens have made a craft that looks like 3 balloons.

I mean why spoil a great story with the mundane truth that its balloons.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join