It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

I watched all of the way through before I posted. I did notice the ballo.....ehmmm (objects) did separate later in the video. I also noticed the "later footage" was zoomed in a lot more. Being a believer that UFO's have been visiting us for thousands of years, I am very open minded when it comes to these video's. I just don't see them being anything other than the "B word".

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If they were balloons tied together, then the strings linking them would eventually get tangled, and the balloons would get closer and closer together. But just the opposite happens. The longer the video runs, the farther apart the "balloons" get.

Anyone who says this is balloons hasn't watched more than the first few seconds of that video.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
to me these are obviously balloons, i cant understand how you could see it as anything else.
look like balloons, move like balloons.
balloons.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You cleary have issues with read a text. I said it was a UFO. And i said what i dont think it was. But you dont like me, and this undermines your credibility to any op I put here. So, when you will stop chase me?

I've read some of your posts and i saw that you like to point out the mistakes of others but seems that you dont see your own mistakes. Are you here for some stars again? Just ask if you want.

Go troll another person.

edit on 30-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

What is up with the old story of it always being a balloon?? Rosewell, WHEATHER BALLOON!! Any object in the sky BALLOON!! If you truely believe these ar balloons, I feel sorry for yas... I do... and Im not trying to be mean but common sense should kick into gear right about now and tell you if these were balloons, they would not be swirling around eachother keeping a triangular shape.. something would tell you that EVENTUALLY the balloons would pop after reaching so high in the air.... something would tell you, that they would keep floating up untill they popped, they would be swaying with the wind and going in different directions... Oh come on people.... wake up ! I know denial is an easy route to take, but eventually you will have to face these facts... They are not balloons, and where never balloons.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is a bit of old news, isn't it? This story has been on going for a while. Check out some searches on Oct 13 and Stanley Fulham.

Balloons? Really? They separate and float. They were in the sky for HOURS. Hours, cats. There's wind enough up there to blow them around all over the place, but then stop so they can float in basically the same area for hours?

Watch the interview with the lady who "released" the "balloons". The story is the balloons float to Chelsea, but somehow stayed there for hours.

But beyond that, how do the balloons float as if tethered, then float apart to hover without moving? Balloons? Really?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

im pretty sure if i tied 3 white balloons together and released them , depending on wind conditions, it would look very much like the video.
i'm not in denial, im not a sceptic. my eyes receive information and then my brain tells me what it is.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25
reply to post by RUSSO

What is up with the old story of it always being a balloon?? Rosewell, WHEATHER BALLOON!! Any object in the sky BALLOON!! If you truely believe these ar balloons, I feel sorry for yas... I do... and Im not trying to be mean but common sense should kick into gear right about now and tell you if these were balloons, they would not be swirling around eachother keeping a triangular shape.. something would tell you that EVENTUALLY the balloons would pop after reaching so high in the air.... something would tell you, that they would keep floating up untill they popped, they would be swaying with the wind and going in different directions... Oh come on people.... wake up ! I know denial is an easy route to take, but eventually you will have to face these facts... They are not balloons, and where never balloons.

I know, but the problem is that some people here just like to troll ops. Just go and check, they are always the same people. And some people dont like the person who makes the op and, even if they agree with the information, they will not say that. To me its ok because some people, will see the the truth, and it is what im seek here. Contribute to people.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paote
This is a bit of old news, isn't it? This story has been on going for a while. Check out some searches on Oct 13 and Stanley Fulham.

Balloons? Really? They separate and float. They were in the sky for HOURS. Hours, cats. There's wind enough up there to blow them around all over the place, but then stop so they can float in basically the same area for hours?

Watch the interview with the lady who "released" the "balloons". The story is the balloons float to Chelsea, but somehow stayed there for hours.

But beyond that, how do the balloons float as if tethered, then float apart to hover without moving? Balloons? Really?

Thanks for the information. Seems that a lot of "ballons" floated arround in that day. My favorite episode was in the airport. Someone should put all the events of that day and set up a post.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
If they were balloons tied together, then the strings linking them would eventually get tangled, and the balloons would get closer and closer together. But just the opposite happens. The longer the video runs, the farther apart the "balloons" get.

Anyone who says this is balloons hasn't watched more than the first few seconds of that video.

As i said before, some people here always show up to troll my ufo posts. Just look and see.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

they more or less stay in the same pattern just further apart

Personally I am not so sure on this. I can see how in the initial minutes of the footage where most claimed them to be just balloons.

Well I watched the whole video twice (actually). The movement of the objects appears to me to be very methodical as well as quite patternesque in nature.

What got me the most however, was the pattern at the end. It looked like they were mimicking a constellation. However in the shot the cameraman only has 5 in the shot and the crowd is counting 7.

If any star pro's want to maybe see if it matches up with something with the 5 in the shot I encourage you to do so.

Maybe they were trying to tell us something?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
its a very interesting video indeed without a doubt, yes they do look like balloons tied together at the start but i cant understand the other two that appear. Was it only because they were just out of camera shot and as they were not tied together they were harsder to spot on the ground with the naked eye? who knows

also are the UFOs (not saying they are aliens, but we dont know what they are) at the end of the clip keeping in one position or are they moving its just a shame they angle of the camera was too high to get anythin in the back ground.

Good video though

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Indeed. This reminds me about that guy:

Stanley A. Fulham, tentatively predicts October 13, 2010 as the date for a massive UFO display over the world’s principal cities. According to the author, the aliens will neither land nor communicate on that date; they are aware from eons of experience with other planets in similar conditions their sudden intervention would cause fear and panic

A lot of activities in that day. Thanks for post. Star for you.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I see people keep on claiming the ufos that appeared on NY that day were balloons.. while sounds like the most reasonable idea, when you know how balloons work in high altitudes, that perception changes from being reasonable, to UNreasonable, and inside that infamous thread from that day, I posted why it can't possibly be balloons.. in other words, the science behind it. Please read the quote.

Thank you

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by brigand

here you go mr [edit], the balloons in new york just before they were released, taken via earth cam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2b0a63511a2.jpg[/atsimg]

and also a link to the story of why they were released, just for the people that are too ignorant and lazy to look themselves.... www.theepochtimes.com...

edit on 14-10-2010 by Gazrok because: Edited personal attack. Please refrain from name-calling towards members.

First of all, at what time where the balloons released?

Second of all, Your random party helium balloons will rise (being lighter than air) until the pressure inside is so much greater than the pressure outside that the rubber that the balloon is made of can't handle the strain anymore (pressure decreases with altitude). Exact altitude will depend on how strong the rubber is that the balloon is made of. Weak balloons will pop lower down, while strong balloons can rise very high. Atmospheric temperature will also affect maximum height. However, due to winds, some balloons can be pushed hundreds of miles to land nowhere near from where balloons were released. More impressively, the massive, very technical, and well designed weather balloons used by the National Weather Service are designed to reach a minimum altitude of 100,000 feet. They're built in with a lot of strong but extremely light material that is designed to give the buoyant gases plenty of room to expand. But then again, as you showed with the picture, they were not weather balloons, but your "regular" balloons. Balloons don't stand still, and surely, after balloons being released, air would move them far away from where they were released

By knowing the balloons were released near "Gran Via", we can compare how far Chelsea is:

now wouldn't people see the balloons as they're going up? Also certainly by looking at the size of those balloons they would not be visible after about an hour by using just the eyes. Also they certainly would know they were balloons, as stated before, almost EVERYDAY there are balloons released. Witnesses also described how they formed formations, sometimes moving from one place to the other, going down and up, now correct me if I'm wrong but balloons don't do that. Now, at about 9:30 am is when everything started, and lasted until 4:30 pm... How do balloons stay still, hovering and making formations for about 7 hours? Also, since when do balloons disappear and appear? (Source; The video), also if you believe earthcam, how would you explain the weird glowing objects it recorded yesterday night?

Listen, I don't care if you live in your close minded, comfort zone world all the way over there in England, or if you're just trolling, but what I care is what you call me or anyone who believe this, or putting down anyone who does, this is real, it did happen, and disregarding it and assuming dozens if not HUNDREDS of people in NY are idiots for making a fuzz over balloons is even more idiotic. Go back to your little corner and stay there for the sake of this thread.

Thank you.

P.S.
Anyone who keeps saying they're embarrassed of this thread, or members of this site, posting in the UFOS AND ALIENS section is dumb, don't like it? you can always choose other sections of this site and stay away from the UFOs and Aliens section.

Thank you.

Sources:
www.livescience.com...
www.natrium42.com...
www.myfoxny.com...
maps.google.com...
www.youtube.com...
answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 30-11-2010 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Balloon's that keep a perfectly trianglular form whilst rotating in all directions no matter how far they seperate i cannot accept, unless theres some sort of high altitude air current phenomena that science has not yet discovered.

UFO's putting on a display for us would seem the more reasonable explanation, especially considering that whatever this was, supposedly carried on for hours.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ok, i watched it all the way through and i have to concede they are unidentifiable....HAPPY NOW?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
After very close and careful study of the available footage, I have come to the conclusion that without any facts presented to the contrary, these were BALLOONS tied together.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
UFO's putting on a display for us would seem the more reasonable explanation, especially considering that whatever this was, supposedly carried on for hours.

More reasonable than a bunch of ballons ? Seriously some ppl are ...........

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Now we are in agreement

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Enter Ruin

Thank you. I was looking for your post. Star to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join