It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
now everyone's a balloon expert, how funny.

you might wanna read this y'all: www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Originally posted by SKinLaB

Originally posted by markjaxson
Wow, still not one person who thinks these are balloons has been able to post evidence for how these "balloons" can keep that triangle formation whilst rotating one way then the other etc.

Skeptics are getting really frustrated now.

Shouting balloons is all good but until theres evidence of the above, this video shows UFO's.

All i see in this thread is skeptics in denial.

Listen my friend, we cant prove it is balloons. Can you prove it is not? Yeah, i didnt think so. Its all OPINION.
Trying to prove this opinion is like trying to prove the pyramids were built by aliens.

Balloons tied with string cannot explain what is shown in OP's video.

"I" dont need to prove anything.... the video does that for me.

The video proves nothing. You base your opinion off of the video. You have the same amount of proof as i have. NONE. Accept the fact that people do not have to agree with you. I said what i think it looks like to me. There is no proof on anything. Only mere speculation.
edit on 1-12-2010 by SKinLaB because: Missed a "t".. My bad....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

You are presumptuous in telling us right off what the "UFOs" are not.

Then we see the video and say. "Oh, balloons," so we try to get beyond that snap opinion to give you a break and after several minutes of watching three balloons do their normal thing of twisting and turning around in ramdom fashion, and finally seperate their cords, we shake our heads, say, "Stupid balloons" and go back to searching for substance on ATS.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

PERFECT MATCH!

Excellent.

I'll repost it for those just don't get it.

edit on 1-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I ask you to forgive me for the delay in responding to this OP, but the case is I was not in contact with computers the all day, due to personal commitments with work and kids.

Yes, seems there is life, off the internet.

As for the many responses I've had because of the video from CBS, I must say that many worth the reading, others, as usual, came here just to mock this OP. For those who spent their valuable time, and posted something significant, i want let my sincere thanks and, for these i let this response.

Please for those who think that this footage shows just balloons. Why not replicate it. If this phenomenon is physically natural and commonplace, consequence of the impact of wind in balloons, then this should be easy to replicate. It is simple to duplicate this event. If you are skeptical about this and have a few U.S. dollars to spend, do the test, buy some balloons and release them to the wind. Record the event and publish the result. Scientifically, if those movements are dynamically natural, so I think that can be replicated with relative easiness.

Honestly, my opinion is that they are not balloons. You can even say that it is a UAV or some kind of Drone, characterizing, at least for me, that this is an unidentified object, because I have no contact with this type of equipment and never saw a catalog of existing models, if there is such a listing. Incidentally, this was always the idea that i tried to put forward in this OP. They were UFOs. And again, I reiterate my thought that they weren't balloons. Just try to replicate the event and get the same result, then I'll be convinced.

And for those who are mocking the grammar errors that i committed, you should understand that I am from another country and my native language is not English. Still, I think the vast majority can understand what I say, even if to the eyes of an American, these errors may seem childish and grotesque. But i will improve this deficiency as time passes. If this bothers you, all I can do is ask for your understanding.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this discussion.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

My opinion is,they are just drones watching us. But why have drones watch our own people? A flash happend the other night that consumed the whole sky in my city,like a picture was bieng taken from above. Why is all this observing of the american public going on?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thanks space, you are welcome.

Im tired. People look 2min of the video and dont pay attention in the big picture. there are more things to see in there. But, Im tired to point out.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Yeh, i know.

Thanks for your post Arken.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

No, I"m not. But thank you for the post.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

The believer in me says that the string tethering the 'balloons' sure seems to stretch alot at 4.51 before 'breaking'!

The believer in me says the same.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Please for those who think that this footage shows just balloons. Why not replicate it. If this phenomenon is physically natural and commonplace, consequence of the impact of wind in balloons, then this should be easy to replicate. It is simple to duplicate this event. If you are skeptical about this and have a few U.S. dollars to spend, do the test, buy some balloons and release them to the wind. Record the event and publish the result. Scientifically, if those movements are dynamically natural, so I think that can be replicated with relative easiness

Originally posted by free_spirit
Then it would be a good idea to have a comparison between the NY objects
and three balloons tied together so here it is a comparison. Check both and
make your guess. Watch in full screen using the YouTube Link.

Video of 3 balloons tied together test courtesy of TheAmorphousCreature.
His link here.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-12-2010 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by superman2012

don't think we would see too many unidentified objects over New York without military attention...good catch though!

Oh i don't know..i can think of at least two rather large objects in the sky that got ZERO military attention on 9/11.

Looking at these ufo's though, they DO look like balloons tied together at first, but then they don't move in the wind like balloons would..so this is a genuine UFO sightings...what the UFO turns out to be is another story though.

edit on 1/12/2010 by spikey because: (no reason given)

Perfect thought.

ZERO military attention on 9/11.

This is a genuine UFO sightings.

Thanks for that.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
Didn't watch the video in it's entirety. At first I was sure it was ballons, but I forwarded the video, and well, I'm not so sure it's ballons. Unidentified that's for sure. S+F

Yeh, some people dont get that.

Some people go crazy with the possibility of something in the sky be a ufo.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well iv been convinced a long time ago and for all the debunkers I didn't know balloons coude rotate in such harmony!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

My Dear Russo,

Thank you so much for sharing this video and standing your ground on what you think you're seeing. Your steadfastness has allowed this thread to really blossom and magnetize... I have read each and every post, taking close note of each member's opinions on this clip...and instead of being frustrated at the naivete demonstrated herein...I choose to thank you for helping, once again, separate the wheat from the chaff...

...on so many levels...

CDS

PS: "...Here's Tom with the weather."

edit on 1-12-2010 by Cole DeSteele because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Not the same to me.

Light is diferent, movement is diferent, and yours dont stop in the air. But thanks, good work.

edit on 1-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
UFO?

No doubt.

ET?

Doubt it.

My first impression is that it is some sort of surveilance equipment. High tech as all get out!

ET / VRIL inspired? Who knows. Gives me a bad feeling.

Or it could be alien.

I thought balloons at first honestly but then the others joined them. If they orbs had rejoined into a small group I would guarantee intelligent operations. Who knows.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by DoubleNickels

One of the highest balloons tested to go into high atmosphere only goes about 30km, which is roughly 98,400ft. So yes some balloons could get very high but they're also very expensive due to the materials they are made out of, regular balloons may reach half that height.

Not really. You can buy a pair of 1800 gram weather balloons that'll go that high on the open market for about $178 (but you'll need industrial-sized tanks of helium to inflate them, the ones you get at party stores aren't big enough). The trick is finding them when you need them; the NOAA buys them in huge lots for routine weather balloon launches, uses part of the lot, and then dumps the rest on the surplus market as excess (where we can get hold of them). Then someone realizes that they're running low, runs to the surplus market, and buys them all back up. Your tax dollars at work...

Although this data gives us more in site to that of balloons, it doesn't give any in site to how they would stay at a certain altitude in the sky which they do. These "things" were seen all day supposably.

There isn't enough evidence to say that they remain at a constant altitude. There are no static objects of a known size in the frame to compare their size and motion with. It's not easy to tell if the camera is zooming in all the time or not, either, for the same reason.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
reply to post by RUSSO

My Dear Russo,

Thank you so much for sharing this video and standing your ground on what you think you're seeing. Your steadfastness has allowed this thread to really blossom and magnetize... I have read each and every post, taking close note of each member's opinions on this clip...and instead of being frustrated at the naivete demonstrated herein...I choose to thank you for helping, once again, separate the wheat from the chaff...

...on so many levels...

CDS

You are very welcome Cole DeSteele.

I'm here because people like you. Even if i was wrong, This OP served to learn about some people here. But I still think it is not about balloons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stargazer88
Well iv been convinced a long time ago and for all the debunkers I didn't know balloons coude rotate in such harmony!

Yeh, I known, but they are free to think anything. Thats good.

edit on 1-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join