It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why don't people look at recent posts or firehouse before posting a thread?

page: 1
13

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ok I have noticed in the last two days about a dozen threads pop up on the NASA announcement and I wonder why people don't look at the recent posts page or the ATS firehouse of topics to see if it has already been posted. This goes for any topic that is posted. I have noticed this a lot lately and I will admit I alert like crazy because it's a pain to see the same threads pop up on the same thing almost every hour
It's also not fair to the original member who put it up first.

Seriously if you look at the recent posts page and scroll the 1st and 2nd page of it, it will save you some time and you won't get a thread closed. It takes 30 secs to scroll the recent posts. I know I scroll it throughout the day. Also if you go to "New Topics" and click on any one of the sub categories you can see what has been posted already. It really takes less than 2mins to do this. I just don't see why people can't take the time to look before they post. It saves the mods from having to delete a ton of threads on the same thing and you won't get a closed thread.

The search function is also there for you to use. If you click on it you can give a little more detail to search for threads and it works rather well. I think the new search feature is one of the best added new features on ATS.

I just think it will help out everyone if one just used the features they have given us to make it a better site. It's rather easy to navigate and find threads on the new layout.




posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You are preaching to the choir here.
I am sooooo sick of seeing the same thing pop up every 20 mins.

USE THE SEARCH ENGINE BEFORE YOU POST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
You are preaching to the choir here.
I am sooooo sick of seeing the same thing pop up every 20 mins.

USE THE SEARCH ENGINE BEFORE YOU POST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LOL Yeah that is why I made this. I have an inbox full of alerts I have made on duplicate threads. It's really the only thing I alert for. It's annoying but I know newer members don't really know how to maybe use the features. I know it's happened to me but there are serial repeaters and those who seem to hijack threads. I have no life and spend my entire day on ATS when I am not at work so I notice it often....oh heck who am I kidding I am on ATS at work too



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


You know I was just about to post this exact same thing, but I used the search function before doing so!


In short, amen Mblah!

~Heff



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


You know I was just about to post this exact same thing, but I used the search function before doing so!






Completely agree with Cougar over there. I've seen so many 'ATS Mobile is down' threads that I'm seriously sick of it.
Use the function...might do a multiple thread once...but next time..learn from your mistake.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
OMG Not this question again...



Although I fully agree.
Sometimes the firehose looks like my ATS subscribe list. It's really annoying.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
OMG Not this question again...



Although I fully agree.
Sometimes the firehose looks like my ATS subscribe list. It's really annoying.


LOL well some people need a reminder. It's been driving me and others nuts!

You know I never look at "myATS" it seems to have me subscribed to threads I don't care to be subscribed to. Not sure how I even got subscribed to them.

I love the firehouse. It's the first thing I check when I wake up so I can see what threads have been made then I check threads made by my friends
or my stalking list as I call it
then I go to recent posts. I have a routine but I blame my OCD for that lol



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


I have a few good reasons :

1) People are lazy.

2) People do not realize there is a "Search Function" available.

3) They think their idea, thread topic, discussion item is original.

This is why I post threads the way I do considering I dig deeply and thoroughly.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
For about the last two weeks I've been working on a thread.
I have spent countless hours researching, reading, I even flew all the way to Florida to speak with a guy about it.
I copied, pasted, edited, rewrote....you name it.

I was about to hit post and thought, maybe I should search for it.
This is what I typed in the search bar:

"JOHN TITOR"

Thank goodness for the search function! Never knew he was so popular.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If I could star this thread 100x, I would! I have ats bookmarked at the recent posts page. I suggest newbies do the same...you don't know what other news you are missing!



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


I have a few good reasons :

1) People are lazy.

2) People do not realize there is a "Search Function" available.

3) They think their idea, thread topic, discussion item is original.

This is why I post threads the way I do considering I dig deeply and thoroughly.


LOL yeah nobody is gonna copy or post what you do that is for sure!! You definitely have one of a kind threads


Yeah people are lazy and how do you miss two search areas? There is the space at the top and then the tab as well...lol I know I hate when I find something and think ok cool I have a thread, then I check and it's been posted.
That has happened to me a lot lol Im always too late for some of them, darn time difference!



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
For about the last two weeks I've been working on a thread.
I have spent countless hours researching, reading, I even flew all the way to Florida to speak with a guy about it.
I copied, pasted, edited, rewrote....you name it.

I was about to hit post and thought, maybe I should search for it.
This is what I typed in the search bar:

"JOHN TITOR"

Thank goodness for the search function! Never knew he was so popular.


You flew to Florida? Or are you just messing with me? lol It's late and I am tired so if you are joking well I fell for it lol I am very gulliable at times


If you are serious, well that sucks lol I have never really read about that guy honestly.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


No Ive actually never even been to florida.

John Titor...look it up sometime...pretty good story even if it appears to be nothing more than a hoax, but if I remember correctly it was pretty popular when it was fresh



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
If I could star this thread 100x, I would! I have ats bookmarked at the recent posts page. I suggest newbies do the same...you don't know what other news you are missing!



Thanks


HAHA the recent posts page in my homepage, no google or yahoo for me! I also have the main page as a tab that automatically comes up when I log on...lol I should make the firehouse a 5th tab lol I have 4 tabs that come up every time I turn my computer on and two are ATS pages lol A few times yahoo has kicked ATS off as my homepage and I get so pissed lol



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is what I wish could happen on ATS. We see double, triple and quadtriple
threads and even more on the same subject. It would be great if the threads
posted second, third, fourth, etc, could be eliminated, but move all of the
responses to the original thread. Then notify the person who has posted the
unnecessary later threads to post on the first and original one only.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


No Ive actually never even been to florida.

John Titor...look it up sometime...pretty good story even if it appears to be nothing more than a hoax, but if I remember correctly it was pretty popular when it was fresh


LOL I am actually in Florida which is why I was like you flew to FL?!

HAHA! You got me! Yeah isn't he the time travel guy? Im not really into time travel so that is probably why I never really read about him...now if he was a time traveling alien from Mars I'd be all over it



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
This is what I wish could happen on ATS. We see double, triple and quadtriple
threads and even more on the same subject. It would be great if the threads
posted second, third, fourth, etc, could be eliminated, but move all of the
responses to the original thread. Then notify the person who has posted the
unnecessary later threads to post on the first and original one only.


Yeah that would be a good idea but I think that would take too much time on the mods and admins part. When they close a thread they link to the original thread but I do see what you are saying.



posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Are people still not paying attention to the main boards???


Search, recent posts and firehouse are you FRIEND!




top topics



 
13

log in

join