It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts Not Wanting To Be Photographed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A bit of a story here that has happened within the past 24 hours... I will start with last night.

I was using my phone to take pictures of my basement (bedroom), to show my friend my set up basically.
I took two pictures successfully and when I pressed the button to capture the third one, my phone froze and wouldn't unfreeze, resulting in me having to remove the battery and put it back in.
I didn't think anything of it at the time but because we have had some experiences in this house with the paranormal, it did cross my mind, as one time I have captured a very odd orb flying around down here and before the video ended a big blue light flew across the screen.
Disregarding that, I tried putting the pictures on my PC thinking the three would be there since it made the camera noise but froze right after.
Well, only the two photos taken before that showed up on the memory card.

Now today, I was in my kitchen trying to take a picture of my dog to put on Facebook.
Before I press the button to take the picture I saw something small sort of run by me, it wasn't at the corner of my eye but a little between what I can see at the corner of my eye and what I can see right in front of me.
Right when that happened my dog began looking around the room weirdly, like he saw it too.
The words actually came out of my mouth, "Did you see that?" and I watched him as he moved his eyes and head around as if he was looking for it to come back. Although, he did not bark, I still think he saw this as well.
Right after that happened I took the picture and again, the camera froze up and didn't let me take it, resulting in me having to remove the battery and put it back in to make my phone work.

I've never had any problems with this phone and have taken well over fifty pictures easily without any problems, I've even taken photo after photo of my friend's apartment, with no problems whatsoever.

Is it possible that this could be some sort of entity not wanting to get photographed? I doubt it is a glitch with my phone... Anybody have an idea?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't know about the "ghost's" motive...but I do know dogs.

I moved into this apartment 3 years ago..the first week i was here, one night i saw something like you said you saw. It was like a flash of light in the corner on my living room, so i glanced up there...nothing....then i realized that both my dogs were staring at that same corner...teeth barred, hackles raised, and growling. Same exact thing happened the next night.

nothing happened since w/ the dogs. (and the behavior from the dogs was 100% atypical)

i still see the lights occasionally

Good luck, and trust your puppy!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger

Let me guess, you use an iPhone?
Just kidding.

Yes, your story sounds paranormal, and weird, at least to say... Interesting.
Star and Flag.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
I don't know about the "ghost's" motive...but I do know dogs.

I moved into this apartment 3 years ago..the first week i was here, one night i saw something like you said you saw. It was like a flash of light in the corner on my living room, so i glanced up there...nothing....then i realized that both my dogs were staring at that same corner...teeth barred, hackles raised, and growling. Same exact thing happened the next night.

nothing happened since w/ the dogs. (and the behavior from the dogs was 100% atypical)

i still see the lights occasionally

Good luck, and trust your puppy!!

That's a pretty good description of what I saw... It was like a light of some sort, it wasn't big by any means but... Maybe the size of a Nickel or something? It just went right past my eyes and my both of the dogs were looking around where it was right after.

Originally posted by 123321

Let me guess, you use an iPhone?
Just kidding.

Yes, your story sounds paranormal, and weird, at least to say... Interesting.
Star and Flag.

Haha, not not an iPhone... I can't afford that sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
IIf ghost can manipiulate objects, why couldn't they manipulate your cell phone.. There are devices used by certain paranormal that use computers or radios to communicate with ghost and have them communcate back.. Also ghost have been known to draw energy from batteries making video cameras die. Try using different kinds of cameras and if all else fells buy a disposable camera. They have saved me on a couple of investagations.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

For sure interesting... I would keep snapping pics everyday. who knows you might catch it off guard sitting on the toilet or sumthin

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

Is it actually possible for a ghost to take a dump?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Camera and video equipment often have "freeze ups" in known paranormal locations... I have seen this exact thing many times in documented cases..

That with the dog's reactions give much credence to something going on there...

I would try to do some research on your home plus location history, see if anything turns up..

Cheers

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Hi GraveDigger great story, i'm a paranormal investigator and this phenomena has occured on numerous occasions to our photographic equipment. It doesnt seem to matter how expensive your equipment is either as we use a combe of Nikon dslr, sony cybershot, jvc, samsung and phone cams and they all freeze for no apparent reason, its like you snap away in one area then for some reason no matter how many times you press the shutter button it will not take a picture, move away it works, go back and it works.
Seems that spirits (or whatever you believe they are) can and do manipulate equipment for reasons unknown. I guess thats why we continue to search for the truth

Regards Dc

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thanks guys.
My phone did end up taking a picture the other day when I was at a friends... Not working at home still...
I'm not going to bother posting any real experiences in here because it is unrelated to the topic really, but again thanks for the replies and hopefully one day I will find something on camera.
I have my Dad's camcorder here which seems to work in the house, weird how my camera won't, but will elsewhere...
I've tried recording a few times before and have only ever got orbs and one time a light that flew right across the screen really fast, meaning I had to slow it down frame by frame to get a good look at it.
That video is still on my Pops' computer upstairs if anybody is interested I can try using a program he has on there to slow it down and what not to see what you guys think about that, though the video is probably a few years old now!

I've tried filming overnight before, camera worked and everything but never found anything after hours of watching footage.
Maybe it was because I was sleeping only a few feet from the camera? Maybe I should try my luck recording upstairs sometime... Hmm.

top topics

join