It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funniest TV Shows

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I was making some mental lists when I thought about the funniest TV show ever.

I have no problem with a top ten but I can't pick a #1.

Would love to read other peoples opinions.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Number one of the top of my head is "Seinfeld". That is just my opinion. I find it was consistent for a long period of time, and stayed funny until the end ( the last episode sucked though). The cast was heavy hitting and well balanced. I know some people couldn't stand "Seinfeld". But that is my pick. I also noticed it was always talked about at school or at work. Even until this day I still hear countless "Seinfeld" references. The infamous Soup Nazi, The Bet, The Pirate Shirt. Those are just a few. If I change my mind or come up with anything else I will post.

Great post by the way, brilliant idea.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: add to post

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
[moe]

I had mine narrowed down between Seinfeld and the Old Carol Burnett show.

But as of late I find Two and a Half Men to be consistently funny. If Charlie Sheen would ever get his crap together.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I liked My Name Is Earl. That was a funny show. It never failed to make me laugh. I also enjoyed Monty Python's Flying Circus. That was great, too.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Skid Mark because: added something

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To me, South Park is one of the funniest things ever put on TV so far. I've never actually watched Seinfeld. Fraiser was pretty good. And, of course, pro wrestling is always good for a laugh or two. I still chuckle when I remember Steve Austin assaulting Vince McMahon in the hospital.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Seinfeld definitely comes to mind! Kramer was one of the funniest peeps I have ever seen!
Living Color also came up, especially Jim Carey!

Also, I'm going way back to mention Sanford And Son:

You old fish-eyed fool! haha

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
For me, it has got to be Spitting Image. A satrical puppet show that was really hard hitting in it's day (1980's).
The best one was The President's Brain is missing, which featured, President Ronald Reagan

It still makes me laugh even now.
edit on 30-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
South Park would definitely have to be up there...always good for a laugh.

I liked Seinfeld, and it had it's moments, but only the most memorable ones are really that funny. My favorite is still the "ugly baby" and "shrinkage" one...both the same show, but two of the funniest scenes.

The old SNL, with folks like Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray, Dan Akyroyd, Steve Martin, etc., etc. has some real comedy classics.

The Big Bang Theory is also becoming a favorite of mine. It's been nice to see the return of the sitcom lately...

Monty Python is really hit or miss (and mostly miss, but when it is a hit, it's hysterical). The Holy Grail remains one of the funniest movies ever though.

In Living Color...man, Homey the Clown, Men on Film, Woodchuck to Gray Squirrel, the Juice Weasel...too, too funny!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
alan partridge starring steve coogan is one of the funniest series ive ever seen.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by copper5661

My favorite funny show is probably not on most people's list, but I love Buffy The Vampire Slayer and I find it to be quite funny. I would also have to go with Seinfeld. Other than that I don't find any new shows funny. I thought Friends was funny at times but not all that often.

My roommate however loves Two And A Half Men. He thinks it's the funniest show ever.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
OMG I forgot Family Guy!! Now that show cracks me up everytime.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well my top 10 are

1. The IT Crowd (British)
2. Father Ted (Irish)
3. Coupling (British)
4. Family Guy
5. Red Dwarf (British)
6. The Office (British)
7. The Simpsons
8. The Young Ones (British)
9. Married With Children
10. Fawlty Towers (British)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Its always sunny in philadelphia for a current pick and for a passed pick id have to say Seinfeld is one of my favourites and early simpsons till about season 9.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
All of my favorites have already been mentioned.

Seinfeld - most of the time
Frasier - a little too cerebral sometimes
Southpark - no cable so I only see the edited version
My Name is Earl - a grossly underappreciated program
Raising Hope - a pleasant surprise this year (same writer as Earl)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'd like to say Family Guy but it really hasn't been funny for awhile. South Park also hasn't been consistent. Shows I used to watch are probably not as funny to me anymore. My favorite comedy show right now is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. FX's Archer, Comedy Central's Tosh.0 and Adult Swim's Venture Brothers always make me laugh too. But I am definitely picking "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". Nothing ever made me laugh so hard!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I used to love an 80's slapstick show called "Sledge Hammer". Kind of a Police Squad type homage...about a cop who talked to his gun, and often came up with brutal solutions to problems (like shooting the wall next to a guy who was going to jump off a ledge, forcing him to take cover in the window....and off the ledge).

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think as far as sit-coms go, I'd put Wings at the top with Cheers a very close second.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
taxi
all in the family
cheers
taxi

not necessarily in that order

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In no particular order:

Seinfeld

The Life and Times of Tim

Clerks Animated Series

South Park

Tosh.0

Sanford and Sons

All in the Family

Full House

The Boondocks

American Dad

That's the short list at least...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Out of the American shows that I have seen I really love
Family Guy
American Dad
Reno 911
South Park (sometimes I find the shoe horning of some kind of political statement into each episode a bit laboured though)
I did used to like Seinfeld but mainly because I had a huge crush on Julia Louis Dreyfus

British shows that I like
The IT crowd (it's a sitcom about people working in an IT support department)
Father Ted (Same guy that writes the IT crowd)
Steptoe and Son (The original that Sanford and Son was based on)
QI (An quiz show about commonly held misconceptions)
Burnistoun (Scottish sketch show is good to)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join