It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate approves long-delayed food safety bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yeah, Monsanto will take action on you if you save their seeds. If their seed blows over into your field Monsanto will take action on you. It's pretty nasty.

Food Inc was quite a good film. A lot of information was packed into this film.

Yeah, I guess my title was a little "lack luster," but it's what I came up with at the time.

If we can start to divert our funds over to organic and local, at least a small bit at a time, then we can divert our funds away from Monsanto. We can speak doom and gloom, but the truth of the matter is, Monsanto is being exposed. Too late now, too many people already know what bastards these people really are. lol And, you know, people will talk. Can Monsanto really silence us all? Not possible. They have already made asses of themselves with farmers and taking them to court. Let them show how stupid they really are. They think they have too much money and power. I say whatever. It's "we" who can make the decision to buy your trash or not.

I can grow my own garden if I want. Go ahead, step in our gardens and tell us we can't have them. The real revolution will begin.

Troy

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Is anyone really suprised? They are already letting drug companies put mercury and formaldehyde in flu shots. It's the same Govt. that gave the Fed even more power to ruin the economy. The only thing that does surprise me is that they are not passing More rediculous bills than they have been.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
the way i saw this bill according to CBS news today was that

this bill was meant to prevent people from getting food diseases like Salomila etc...

no meantion of illegalizing personal crops.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I haven't read the bill in full, but according to This Link (CBS News):

The new legislation also includes exemptions for farmers selling less than $500,000 each year that directly market to consumers in a 275 mile areas, reports CBS News.

Which leads me to believe that personal, not-for-profit gardens, local "Farmer's Market" type farms, and regional organic farms won't be subject to the regulations. If someone can find the relevent text in the bill itself, I'd appreciate it and I think everyone else here would as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I couldn't agree with you more the FDA and pharmaceutical companies are interested in profit, not anything else!

I just had a friend die of Ultrum (Tramadol). They gave her this drug because she could not take a narcotic drug, Tramadol is listed as a narcotic-like pain reliever. The reality is it is no different then any other opiate.

I had a seizure on that crap while at work. Damn near could have killed me - it was so bad I was literally bleeding from my eyes. Freaked people out at work and I got a month off, but STILL - not worth it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join