It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us government to plug the wikileak source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

us government to plug the wikileak source

us government cuts of militry,s siprnet network the aleged source of the wikileaks cables
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
just seen on the sky news u.k. breaking news screen banner that the us government has cut off the militry siprnet metwork which is the aleged source of the recent wikileak docs.
i dont have more info as yet but worth following i think.
will this stop the wikileaks on militry subjects?
mayby this is why there are now posts about wiki turning on the banks and big bussness.

(visit the link for the full news article)
i cant provide a link to the full stoy yet but as soon as possible i will. to watch it unfold turn to skynews or visit there site.
edit on 30-11-2010 by blacklist because: to add reason for no full link to story.

CX

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm watching the same thing, i hate it when they put something on the scrolling thing but not in a story.

I wonder how much this interferes with the everyday running of the SIPRNET?

CX.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There's a small mention of it on BBC News in amongst another wikileak story.

Meanwhile, the US State Department says it has "temporarily severed" a database of cables from military computers.

LINK

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Meh. They don't need to scrap SIPRNET (in fact they depend on it too much to do so), the SO in charge of Manning's station should be tossed in Leavenworth for 20, Manning should be executed, and they need to tighten the screws on who gets TS/SCI at that age/rank. I'm frankly a bit surprised that given his emotional issues that he passed the psych eval. They should also be doing regular lifestyles at any diplomatic corps.

The SO should never have permitted anyone to have a machine with a USB, eSATA or Firewire connection operating, not a media burner, and the printer access should have been secured as well. That's basic - hell, we do it here. No secure system here has any way to make copies of material, except one, and that one takes physical keys to unlock the front door (not the ones that came with it, either, a real lock) another to enable the drives and a password that only I have. No USB, no serial ports, no parallel ports. If you're going to wag something out of here you're going to handwrite it.

The other issue is that Manning would also have had access to JWICS with a TS/SCI if they had JWICS terminals there. Won't be shutting that down.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think that's called closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Their own deplorably lax security is the cause of the leaks - and that is hugely embarrassing for the US.

new topics

top topics

join