It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bumfights Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I recently found a documentary on the popular underground movie "Bumfights".

The key things this documentary represents is where they are now, and what happened after the movie was released.
At one part, it focuses on the main charaters "Donny" & "Rufus" who, as you will see in the documentary, are now heavily against the movie, and tell of how the were exploited through alchohol and the inticment of money and food.

This is Rufus now, after being a bum for close to 30 years and regulary exploited for cash and alchohol.

Rufus Now

It's nice to see he has changed his life around. But what shocked me the most was how emotionally scarred Donny was, a Vietnam Vetran, who in the process of making Bumfights, was tattooed on his forhead (something that he says was only allowed to happen because they got him drunk) and also had his leg broken by Rufus whilst they were both inebriated. On the documentary you find he testifies against the creators of bumfights after being told it will earn him money, but is still to this day, homeless and scarred for life physically and emotionally.

What really brought this home for me though was how none of the creators saw what they had done was wrong, and happily made millions off of it! How is that allowed, why aren't they in jail! It still scares me how they're allowed to walk away from it.

One of the last things the documentary brings up though is how it inspired a wave of imitators and copycats, one of which being the "311 Boyz" who in turn almost killed a kid, and regualry taunted and insulted people as to fight them and normally end up beating and robbing them, whislt filming and stating they will make money from this. These people have said their inspiration came from bumfights.

ANYWAY, I wanted to share this documentary with you guys, because it reveals some shocking facts about the movie and the people behind it and affected by it.

Bumfights Documentary: Part 1

Bumfights Documentary: Part 2

Bumfights Documentary: Part 3

Bumfights Documentary: Part 4

Bumfights Documentary: Part 5

Sorry I can't embed

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vanhippi

As i am at work and can not watch this right now - will deff' check it out at home - and to answer your question as to why they are not in jail, is cause in the end, under the influence or not, they still agreed to everything that was done. only contracts they sign is that bumfights is not responsible for injuries bla bla bla..never had a deal that they would get paid what ever amount and what not. if you get a girl drunk and she decides to sleep with you... should she be able to sue you the next morning cause she regretted it and she was drunk at the time? nope.

good share tho. cant wait to watch.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I hate bumfights, I refuse to watch it.

Blick!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The creator from Bumfights was asked onto Dr. Phil's show to talk about it.
When he got onstage Dr. Phil said he didn't even want to bother talking to him because what he does is so disgusting.

The ironic part was the creator of Bumfights said....its no different then what you do...putting peoples problems on the air for the world to see or something to that effect.

The guy is right...Dr. Phil does the same thing but acts all high and mighty about it because he has people on who aren't bums.
He exploits peoples problems.

While I think Bumfights was a little distasteful....I see his point about Dr. Phil being the same greaseball he is.

www.youtube.com...

At least Bumfights has more legitimacy then that BUM Dr. Phil.
The irony.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

It;s not acutally bumfights dude, it's a serious and mature documentary on how these people are pretty much sick in the head. It does go through the gritty bits yeh, but it's an eye opening documentary for me in the fact that it shows the emotional side for the people involved and that thank god I wasn't the only person to think this is just a vile excuse for entertainment.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

These producers are going to be fighting to keep their Bums their own in prison.

Couldn't happen to nicer dip-dogs than these idiots.

I hate them

Becker

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp

I hate bumfights, I refuse to watch it.

Blick!

I heard about it like 6 years ago i think, sick peopel make that video.

Would never watch it, and i am glad someone else too shares that opinion. Awful that people would stoop that low to make money of those poor people.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
At least Bumfights has more legitimacy then that BUM Dr. Phil.
The irony.

Agreed!

With bumfights, at least they are bums and they fight. However, is Phil even a Dr?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Unfortunatly though, they're not going to prison for this. Which, no matter what loop hole got 'em out of it, they deserve jail time for what they did, doesn't matter that they are just some "Skater Kids" in the eyes of the law.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The other ironic thing is that for soooo many people who were offended by it....look at the millions made from people wanting to see it.

Its a bit of a messed up thing that so many wanted to see it and it is a reflection of our society today.
Its also messed up that a douchebag like Dr. Phil tries to demonize him but won't even talk to him about it or hear his views on it.

On ats we call that burying your head in the sand and embracing ignorance.

So its ok to expose fake ignorant people who do not embrace the reality of this society and bury their heads in the sand when confronted by it.....but its not ok to expose the real people living very real hard lives??

Again,while Bumfights might be distasteful...I see it as more real then an episode of Dr. Phil.

new topics

top topics

join