It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday: This is America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Seriously what the hell is wrong with people? This is what people care about? We step on each other to save $10 on a toaster while the bank takes our house, unemployement continues to skyrocket, the dollar continues to fall by design while countries like China and Russia renounce it, and were on the brink of nucular war with North Korea ....and this is what is most important to people? Not the sodium flouride in our water or the soon to be mandatory injections which are proven to do more harm than good. Not that America has gone from being number 1 in everything from education to technology to near the bottom on almost every poll given. Not even that our borders are wide open. No.... Americans care only about saving $10 on a cheap toaster and will step on their fellow americans and hurt other people to get it.

This is why people. This is the shining example.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Welcome to consumerism.

Everyone is f'd up. Horribly. Money is worth more then the soul.

The green dragon.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just in case nobody noticed......

This crap happens every day.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

You can't get Americans to do anything but shop.

I just wrote a thread about the numbers of people who do.
212 million vs 132 million. Are we gathering for the wrong reasons?

This latest thread shows the actual number of people that will shop, or vote...
And stay complacent in their actions towards the entire dismantling of this once great nation.

It is a crying shame what the people have become.

But is there a reason why?
Maybe certain people want us to act like this?
If we fight amongst ourselves, we won't fight against tyranny.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Interesting video. And while I agree with alot of what was said, this isn't indicative of the average American, it's the same as saying all Africans have plates in their lip, AIDs and are starving, all British people have bad teeth and are hooligans, and all muslims are terrorists. We do as a society have to change, but the average person is not like this at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

You can't get Americans to do anything but shop.

I just wrote a thread about the numbers of people who do.
212 million vs 132 million. Are we gathering for the wrong reasons?

This latest thread shows the actual number of people that will shop, or vote...
And stay complacent in their actions towards the entire dismantling of this once great nation.

It is a crying shame what the people have become.

But is there a reason why?
Maybe certain people want us to act like this?
If we fight amongst ourselves, we won't fight against tyranny.

The sad part is this behavior is viewed as 'normal' but stand up against the TSA violating our rights and you're marked as a crazy person. What an ass backwards nation we've become.

Interesting video. And while I agree with alot of what was said, this isn't indicative of the average American, it's the same as saying all Africans have plates in their lip, AIDs and are starving, all British people have bad teeth and are hooligans, and all muslims are terrorists. We do as a society have to change, but the average person is not like this at all.

Its not like these people were chosen from a list and put outside Best Buy's front door. These people ARE the average American. Nobody told them to show up and nobody told them to act that way ...yet they all seem to do so. Infact, this happened throughout the country on Friday not just at the stores in that video. Sure maybe it wasnt to the same extent everywhere, but still if a mob of random people arent the average I dont know what is.
edit on 30-11-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not the best example of americans, HOWEVER certainly not the typical, just the most promoted. Get off your high horse, also was not aware we are almost have a nuclear war with NK.

You make a bunch of claims that may, or may not, be true. You don't paint the WHOLE picture either. Far from it.

If your SO unhappy with USA, then leave.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Money is a pimp and many have become consumer whores, sad but true.

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Not the best example of americans, HOWEVER certainly not the typical, just the most promoted. Get off your high horse, also was not aware we are almost have a nuclear war with NK.

You make a bunch of claims that may, or may not, be true. You don't paint the WHOLE picture either. Far from it.

If your SO unhappy with USA, then leave.

And you see literally nothing wrong with that video? The people were acting perfectly normal to you? Imo, you should be getting off your high horse and realize I only created this thread to show the length to which Americans will fight for absolutely nothing yet when there is something to fight for they back down and just walk through the scanner.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

answer my question, how much do you travel? Americans who travel are feeling safer because of this.

As for the video, of course I think it's ridiculous, but I don't understand people shopping for hours at anytime. I say different strokes for different folks.

Americans do fight for the right things, the scanners are not bad, just inconvient.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

f your SO unhappy with USA, then leave.

He could leave, but he'd find the same thing in most of the industrialized world. This is not unique to America.

This is not the typical American as much as the typical consumer. He's right, we are greedy, lazy, fat and complacent.

America is just one example.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

answer my question, how much do you travel? Americans who travel are feeling safer because of this.

As for the video, of course I think it's ridiculous, but I don't understand people shopping for hours at anytime. I say different strokes for different folks.

Americans do fight for the right things, the scanners are not bad, just inconvient.

Aside from the fact that this country was founded on the belief that its better to be free than safe, tell me how many 'terrorists' those machines have caught? None. Infact those machines wouldnt have caught the 'christmas bomber' because they cant detect the powder. So aside from that, tell me how is scanning a pilot to make sure he doesnt have a gun, while he has one in the cockpit and he's in control of a giant missile make us any safer? Its a joke. Come sexually assault my family and I to protect us from the boogey men in caves half the world away.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Great little film which does show the extreme of behaviours, but probably quite accurate that the people are always interested in the stuff they don't need and yet don't want to see the stuff they should...

Video link below supports this weird behaviour..... very strange and very sad I think...

www.boreme.com...

The Sheeple are blind and worried about the X-Factor and not their future..!!??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK
edit on 30-11-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If there was no scanning, then people would bring things on board. How old are you? Just curious because you obviously don't understand what deterent is

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If there was no scanning, then people would bring things on board. How old are you? Just curious because you obviously don't understand what deterent is

Old enough to remember the days when smoking in an airport didnt get you arrested in a free country. Yes deter me from 'opting out' of submitting myself and my family to cancer inducing radiation by sexually assaulting me. All in the name of SAFETY! Real good.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok follow me here:

What if we turned Voting into a shopping type thing?
We put the next two Presidents face on Coca-Cola cans and Pepsi cans and starting Oct. 12 whichever one sells more, wins presidency... Obviously, you could only buy one (regulation? we'll think of it later)

Everyone in America would vote!

If you agree with this plan, buy a Mountain Dew on Oct. 12 and support me, Squirelnutz, and together we will defeat the man

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I call it Whoracracy

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
Ok follow me here:

What if we turned Voting into a shopping type thing?
We put the next two Presidents face on Coca-Cola cans and Pepsi cans and starting Oct. 12 whichever one sells more, wins presidency... Obviously, you could only buy one (regulation? we'll think of it later)

Everyone in America would vote!

If you agree with this plan, buy a Mountain Dew on Oct. 12 and support me, Squirelnutz, and together we will defeat the man

some people like coke better than pepsi and would be forced to drink pepsi because they dont want to vote for the coke guy

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Watching this, I couldn't help but wonder how many of these people will use their credit cards to buy things and go even further into debt. Also, seeing the mad rush to buy crap that most likely isn't even made here disgusted me. It reminds me of the guy that got trampled to death at Walmart two years ago. It's just stupid.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have just discovered the ideal gift for all these sheep...

www.iwantoneofthose.com...

This is what they really need and at a fair price I say ...:-))

PurpleDOG UK

top topics

<<   2 >>

join