It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan drone victim to sue US for $500m

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

A Pakistani tribesman plans to sue the CIA for $500m (£320m), claiming it is responsible for the deaths of his son and brother in a drone air strike.

Karim Khan, from North Waziristan, said his lawyer had notified the US embassy in Islamabad...

More can be found on the BBC site, and here www.washingtonpost.com... and google news has many stories on this.

My opinion? I think the US has to be held accountable for what is, let's face it, murder. The follow up to this and the legal implications are huge and we can only hope that justice will be done.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Accidents/mistakes happen in war as everybody knows. But i do agree that nobody diserves to bem killed if innoccent so i think this man should receive his money, i wouldnt be ahppy at all if my familly were all killed- especially is it was a freindly fire.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wonder what monitary value a person has to the courts? I doubt he will get 500 million. I think they will give him maybe $200,000 of our taxpayer's money. If he wanted to sue the actual pilot of the drone, good luck. These guys are very well hidden to prevent a revenge killing.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Since Pakistan is an ally,
maybe it will slow down the incidents of
friendly (sic) fire.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
www.bbc.co.uk...

A Pakistani tribesman plans to sue the CIA for $500m (£320m), claiming it is responsible for the deaths of his son and brother in a drone air strike.

Karim Khan, from North Waziristan, said his lawyer had notified the US embassy in Islamabad...

More can be found on the BBC site, and here www.washingtonpost.com... and google news has many stories on this.

My opinion? I think the US has to be held accountable for what is, let's face it, murder. The follow up to this and the legal implications are huge and we can only hope that justice will be done.

Peace

The US Military already has a plan in place for such thing's as this. The paperwork states that each "Civilian" that is killed during war, the Government will pay $20,000 for each civilian death.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So they owe 20K X 100K... which is 2,000,000,000.... or 2 trillion dollars?

Now if they had to pay 500m per death... that would be bad... that's like a dollar per every star in the universe or something?

Originally posted by MITSwagger

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
www.bbc.co.uk...

Peace

The US Military already has a plan in place for such thing's as this. The paperwork states that each "Civilian" that is killed during war, the Government will pay $20,000 for each civilian death.

edit on 4-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join