It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to be appointed Committee Chair overseeing Federal Reserve

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow!

www.charlotteconservative.com...

In what can only be described as a huge victory for the libertarian wing of the GOP, word is leaking out of Washington that Congressman Ron Paul of Texas is about to be appointed Chairman of the Financial Services subcommittee. The committee has near complete oversight of the Federal Reserve.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The main thing I worry about with Ron Paul is that he has a problematic view in favor of a gold-backed currency. Otherwise, I'm in heaven

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
everyone forgets what would happen if it came out that the entire US economy is a scam.

the US would stop.

Sounds fun amirite?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I guess you never really know, and I don't follow everything about what Ron Paul does but this looks really good??

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by koots751

I am cautiously thrilled

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

No way
No how

if this is true then it's about to go down!
strap in tight and please hold on to the bar

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
everyone forgets what would happen if it came out that the entire US economy is a scam.
the US would stop.
Sounds fun amirite?

jeanius!
man it would suck for a few months, but then we could right the ship.
we are heading to disaster now, there is no avoiding it.

its like jumping into the cold ocean. you know its going to be cold, but in 2 minutes you will be used to it and then riding the waves and having fun.

so if people woke up and realized the economy is a scam, then it would suck for a bit, but then in a year people would rejoice at how much better it has become.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am extraordinary exciting to hear this! Ron Paul is the only Congressman who actually follows the Constitution. Go get them, Ron!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

Best news I've heard all day!

You nailed it dantanna! Things would stink for a while, but we would all be so much happier with the long term results. The way we're headed now is certainly the wrong way!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
what Girl Genius said

Gold is the commodity side of the fiat currency coin.
debt being the flip side
A PUBLICLY OWNED FED is the only solution.
No more debt money.
The Tally Sticks of Britain model
or the medieval Venetian bank model
of currency creation
were both preferred over gold in their day
and were destroyed by machination in order to instal what we have got.
Just as the fed was installed int he US in 1913.
I know he knows this

but this is still a
yay
and we will see

PS
of course though as we just heard, congress is rigged
edit on 30-11-2010 by Danbones because: PS

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
nationalize the fed
that way they ARE responcable to do the right thing
NOT just for the banker clique

xploder

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Bank notes were invented because they were lighter than carrying around sacks of gold.

Somewhere a guy with a vault full of other people's gold decided to write loans to people against gold he had.

Then he decided to write loans against other people's gold in his vault that wasn't his.

Then we come to now.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
is this an attempt to keep Ron Paul busy from running for president in 2012?

edit on 11/30/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

"Bank notes were invented because they were lighter than carrying around sacks of gold.
Somewhere a guy with a vault full of other people's gold decided to write loans to people against gold he had.
Then he decided to write loans against other people's gold in his vault that wasn't his.
Then we come to now"

You're right, chiponbothshoulders
Now he's decided to write loans against gold that is in OTHER PEOPLE'S vaults!

Fort Knox is empty

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

doesn't anyone realize this is all just a setup following a planned timeline

they will 'fix' the FED and introduce the Amero, that they've had in the works for years, as the replacement currency

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Of course, one should be suspicious of all politicians. I am not worried about the Amero. Paul is against that. I am, however, worried about a gold-backed currency. I expressed the fear, some time ago, that they are using Paul because of his stance on gold. However, I also think Paul will try to do the right thing. His voting record shows that. Yes, it could be that he is a shill. More likely they will try to play him to push a gold-backed currency, which would leave them holding all the cards as they own a disproportionate amount of the metals. We'll see how it pans out - just try to cover your bases and hang on to your hat, we've just about reached the top of the first drop when it comes to the economy...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

they will definately use Paul to the best of their abilities... personally I think he's one of the best we have working for us

I also don't like the idea of going back to a gold standard for a few reasons

1) the fiat credit system we use now(in my opinion) actually works
how many of us have gone to friends or family and asked to borrow $20 for a few days until you get your next paycheck? thats basically the same principle that drives any loans that have been approved in the past
however if everyone paid off their debts, it would affect the strength of the dollar

the problem is more about interest being placed on the money the FED 'creates'
thats BS

2) they bought so much gold in the past 100 years, that if we did end up back with a gold standard, they are still in power, being that they can control what gold is released for sale to the governments for currency backing

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ron Paul first day on the job!
he finds out the truth...............
he then goes very quiet.

trust me!
now is not the time.
wait?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
John Boehner Discussing Ways to PREVENT Ron Paul from Becoming Chairman!!!

dailypaul.com...

Five GOP leadership aides, speaking anonymously because a decision isn't final, say incoming House Speaker John Boehner has discussed ways to prevent Paul from becoming chairman or to keep him on a tight leash if he does.

Let's keep an eye on this!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If you believe that Ron Paul has earned the right to chair that sub committee. Call Rep Boehner and tell him what you think !! This is still America....for now... 1-(202) 225-6205
As concerned Americans we have the duty to act !!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join