It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we have no Facebook widgets or like buttons...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i have a question
any one hear about the internet topography mapping and tracing algorithm
it uses the "hyperlink" protacol for back tracking inter connected websites

its like a map of linked sites overlayed on the internet back bone
to follow who is linking what to where and how it gets there

face book also uses this software to compile common connections of interest between sites

im glad the s/mods and mods are aware just how this sites members and there imput can be used in evil ways and are activley ensuring our clean safe use of this site

side question
do the connections from face book to here get stripped? of i/d info before outo sign in?

thanks for being vigil

xploder

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ultamitely does it matter skeptic overlord? If the government really wants to they sure as hell don't need a facebook like button to do that, there is no escaping them if they are really interested in you.

I'm not worried about it.

But your the owner not me so i'm cool with it.

No big deal to me!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A notifcation button would be really helpfull. To let you know when people have quoted youre post. It would make debate more intersting and fun cas u often loose treck of all your posts and dont know when peeps have replied to them,,,
kx

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am so gonna 'Like' this thread.
And post it on my wall.
That way that kid in my 7th grade algebra class that I never talked to ever but sent me a friend request can read it too!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I will never trust facebook nor Mark Zuckerberg. I find that there is a chance for unethical behavior with companies that go from rags to riches. Big companies come and offer tons and tons of cash to data mine everyone on facebook.

As much as I loved that site I had to give it up. I found that I was conforming to what corporations were putting in front of us.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
just another reason why ATS is great.

well done guys...

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

On the outside, that is a great feat. you rock and protect me.

I love you AND you! because of your existence +others too..

(insert peace sigh here)
Simple truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Besides that, if you never cross into criminal, semi-criminal, or terrorist type activities it is meaningless.

I suppose this would be some comfort if only the definition of those things was something assured; unfortunately it isn't. What the government sees as terrorist related keeps morphing to cover more and more of everyday activity. How soon before one crosses their newly located line without even realizing it?

A part of me figures that the more they know about me, the more they will understand how innocuous I am; on the other hand I also am a free spirit, which may one day get misinterpreted.

The only conclusion I've come to is that it seems prudent to keep as tight a lid as one can on personal information.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think this about sums it up...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Good one!

Gives me the shivers tho because it is so true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join