It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Weeks to $185 Silver?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I couldn't find an economy forum so I am putting this here. If there is an economy forum, feel free to move it there (or create one)!

This is an interesting analysis of the current silver parabolic:

www.kitco.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Our current silver parabolic has had a consolidation period utterly dwarfing all previous specimens - logging in at 33 months. It is conceivable this could be the mother of all parabolics for the current secular bull.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Okay, this should be in Global Financial Meltdown. Please move if not too much trouble. Newbie, just learning the landscape

Btw, we are currently at 39% above the 200 day moving average. I think Max Keiser et als "Buy Silver" meme is working to help it explode. It will pull back, maybe sharply, but I'll never sell unless I have to!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

I just got back from the bullion dealer and liquidated everything into silver, now I just sit back and wait to cash in...
I hope this really goes down cause I've seriouly been after silver for a few years now, purchased most back when it was $8.36/oz.

just kidding about buying NOW, be ready to SELL if this comes to fruition.
edit on 30-11-2010 by paratus because: sepliling

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I will never sell my silver. I like the fact that it's going up. Originally I bought it as a hedge against inflation. What I have has increased in value by 50%. I used my savings, I had it in a money market account generating 1.25%, compounded daily. It's just amazing, I'm getting a much better return on my money.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I will never sell my silver. I like the fact that it's going up. Originally I bought it as a hedge against inflation. What I have has increased in value by 50%. I used my savings, I had it in a money market account generating 1.25%, compounded daily. It's just amazing, I'm getting a much better return on my money.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Should silver hit $185/oz, I will be a most happy individual.

From the article you linked:

There is no other way to describe silver's price movement of the past 13 weeks other than to call it parabolic. With that in mind, I thought it would be interesting to do a little study of past silver parabolic moves and see if I could get a handle on just how high silver could travel into December before it implodes.

The item that caught my eye?: before it implodes

I would prefer to see an explosion rather than in implosion.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Silver will pull back but stay high at any rate. Also it may perform even differently now that the fiat system is ending, and not pull back to the same extent.

Been bugging my kids to get silver. My daughter is getting married next year. Good timing. I mean if you are going to throw away 50k on nonessentials, now is the time, lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have a fair few kilo's of silver, but $185 an oz is just pie in the sky folks.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Silver closed at $29.30 - new post-Hunt high! What I love most about silver (other than the way it looks as jewelry) is that it has room to grow for reasons other than the dollar weakening

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
Silver closed at $29.30 - new post-Hunt high! What I love most about silver is that it has room to grow for reasons other than the dollar weakening

i'm broadining my exposure from just the established, Major gold miners into the GLDXJ (juniors)

only because Silver --- being both a 'Industrial Metal', and a asset against fiat Dollar value...
is way too high in the Premium Price Arena.... $28+ silver should not be sold at $35 premium
price by the dealers.... because they are breaking the parabolic rise with greed...

silver is in that speculators zone, it will be worth $50 at the end of 2011 --- but by then we can extrapolate the Premium as being upwards of $15.... thus making spot sales $65. - OUTRAGEOUS !
even the 9-to-5, former middle class can't deal with those numbers to try to capture some profits...

the trader/speculators are sucking the life blood out of the true/real replacement for the fiat $$ out there...

hmmm is this part of the illuminiti-NWO conspiracy ? bankrupt those fleeing the funny money with excessive Premiums

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Silver is flirting with $30 ...

Too bad I won't see it break, but I have got to get to bed!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I probably don't have to tell anyone on ATS that silver passed $30 today. The big question is where is it going to go?

Good technical analysis of silver's parabolic move:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join