It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaks: China knows less about NKorea than thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Leaks: China knows less about NKorea than thought

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING – China knows less about and has less influence over its close ally North Korea than is usually presumed and is likely to eventually accept a reunified peninsula under South Korean rule, according to U.S. diplomatic files leaked to the WikiLeaks website.
The memos — called cables, though they were mostly encrypted e-mails — paint a picture of three countries struggling to understand an isolated, hard-line regime in the face of a dearth of information and indicate American and South Korean diplomats' reliance on China's analysis and interpretation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
China willing to accept a unified Korean peninsula under South Korean rule? I didn't see that coming. Maybe they are trying to not get involved in a war.

Good for them. China, you have earned a bit more respect. Now you just have to bend over backwards and do as the United States wishes and everything will be gravy.

But in all seriousness, I applaud China for coming to their senses. Kim is a psychopath that is trying to bring about World War III. I know for a fact that China does not want that to happen, nor do I.

And who is behind this leak? None other than the people at WikiLeaks. Seems they did some good here. But I fear for the Korean people on both sides. If Kim feels backed into a corner, he may fight to the bitter end and bring everyone around him with him.

Thoughts?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-11-2010 by Modern Americana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
China have also censored wikileaks in their country to prevent any disturbance to China/U.S. relations.

(LINK)

Seems like they're pulling out all the stops to please everybody at the moment, could it be a case of 'keeps your friends close and your enemies closer' or are they genuinely the 'nice guys on the block'?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
One of the reasons China will not go to war is because all the work from foreign markets. If a war started guess what will happen to all the jobs? They will be pulled out and millions of out of work Chinese will protest.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
OK, China shares a border with the Korea's and yet you don't think they are doing all they can to infiltrate and get as much info as they can about them?

This sounds Bogus to me.

If Canada was a dictatorship and had a leader that wanted to see all nations but them destroyed, and possessed Nuclear weaponry, don't you think we would do everything in our power to get inlet on them?

China isn't stupid!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
China has complete leverage over NK - they have kept them going because it was usefull for them.

Fact is Iran and NK have been set up by both Russia and China to be able to cripple the US via an EMP strike - as neither is worried about retaliation.

China is playing a complete double game here.

top topics

join