It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why has main stream news stopped talking about the Korean issues

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I was going through all of the main stream news outlets and could not find much talk about the situation going on in North and South Korea.

Shouldn't this be even bigger news then wiki leaks?

Don't you think they would be milking it for all it's worth as they have done in the past?

Though Sheeple of America lose interest in news, they don't lose interest that quickly.


So why are they not printing news about a possible war, and one in which we have lost in the past for that matter?

Are they trying to hide something?
Or are they waiting for a possible false flag attack coming in the near future?

I just want your thoughts on the issue




posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If you noticed, it kind of died here as well. There were a number of threads for a few days and now they are all pretty quiet as well. I have always felt since the timing of these two issues started that one of them is the hand hiding the other one.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


TPTB are probably telling them to hush up. If the people get too informed they might start to think that the US wants to enter into a war with North Korea. Imagine that...



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
If you noticed, it kind of died here as well. There were a number of threads for a few days and now they are all pretty quiet as well. I have always felt since the timing of these two issues started that one of them is the hand hiding the other one.


I find this interesting as well.

So what could they be wanting to hide?



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
I was going through all of the main stream news outlets and could not find much talk about the situation going on in North and South Korea.

Shouldn't this be even bigger news then wiki leaks?

Don't you think they would be milking it for all it's worth as they have done in the past?

Though Sheeple of America lose interest in news, they don't lose interest that quickly.


So why are they not printing news about a possible war, and one in which we have lost in the past for that matter?

Are they trying to hide something?
Or are they waiting for a possible false flag attack coming in the near future?

I just want your thoughts on the issue



I think its because they want to escalate the situation into a massive conflagration - possibly trigger WWIII which they are desperate for - but there was too much scrutiny about the war with Iran, so they're keeping this one quiet.

I posted a thread about Cliff High's views on this and his call for action:

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


TPTB are probably telling them to hush up. If the people get too informed they might start to think that the US wants to enter into a war with North Korea. Imagine that...


Either that, or they came across other news instead...



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Because NK is constantly doing this crap...they do or say something stupid...the world takes it obligitory 2 minute look at them and frowns, then goes back to important stuff, and what is considered important over Kims narcissism can be anything, from Britney's new hair cut, to wikileaks releasing a ton of secret documents and everything in between.

Seriously...if the world stopped for extended periods of time everytime lil kim decided to have a crazy moment, we wouldn't get anything done...the guy is a certified nut whom craves attention and basks in the glory of being a global discussion...screw him, I have more important things to think about...like when Caprica will be coming back on...and why they stopped showing Dr. Who in the states -frowns-



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Article from Voice Of America@

www.voanews.com...

One of the things it says in the article:

The foreign ministers of the United States, Japan and South Korea plan to meet in Washington next week to consider a response to the North Korean moves.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...




China is opening up...PRIVATELY...to the west about the menace that is North Korea...even suggesting that Korea should be unified with South Korea taking the lead. They...in the leaked documents...refer to Kim as a "spoiled child".


If this is true then wikileaks could have an effect on the situation in korea, so they are even more related than first meets the eye!



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't think a big conspiracy is needed to explain this....


How about just the fact that there aren't any compeling photos or film. The media doesn't like covering stories without better pictures than just talking heads......



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Most reporters like to answer the question WHY. In this news story the reason for the bombing of the island is a secret and reporters don't even ask. I ask. WHY did they bomb the island? The coverup of WHY is indicative of a conspiracy to decieve the world. Punch a reporter today.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
the reason they are not talking about it is because there is ALWAYS more to the story.

there is behind the scenes stuff here that our "elders and betters" don't want the children to know.




posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm not necessarily saying there is a conspiracy here, only that there could be.

I just find it interesting that they suddenly stopped talking about it, not even tapering it off like they usually do.

1. Yes North Korea has done stupid things before, but not out right bomb South Korea.

2. China in the past has kept quiet about the conflicts between NK and SK, but this time they are very Bold in there speaking about the conflict, why?

3. Why was the last information the news really reported on about China's involvement and talking about military involvement by the US as a show of force?

Just some thoughts.

People love to read stories about possible war (even if it wont happen) they eat that stuff up.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The OP's premis is entirely wrong. Just for giggles I just checked Fox, CNN, ABC, CBS, and MSNBC. Only one, CBS, did not have multiple Korea stories on their front page. How can you claim the MSM is NOT covering Korea when the subject is prominently displayed on all but one web site? And, as ususal, everyone starts jumping on this bandwagon of disinformation claiming it's all a conspiracy.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
The OP's premis is entirely wrong. Just for giggles I just checked Fox, CNN, ABC, CBS, and MSNBC. Only one, CBS, did not have multiple Korea stories on their front page. How can you claim the MSM is NOT covering Korea when the subject is prominently displayed on all but one web site? And, as ususal, everyone starts jumping on this bandwagon of disinformation claiming it's all a conspiracy.


OK, I admit, I finally found a couple articles about the conflict.

So why did I have to look for them to find out what the hell is going on?

Maybe this isn't an issue and I am a complete idiot for bringing this up. But to me it just seems odd they aren't reporting much on this, wouldn't it be info that would bring readers?



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I brought this up in the wikileaks thread.

I know i sound like a nut here, but i feel...

Wikileaks either was always a govt controlled site, or it was taken over. The MSM is using the wikileaks ordeal to take attention away from the koreas, obviously something big is going to go down. I find it odd that the same day china decided to have a conference on the matter, the MSM filled up with news on wikileaks, which is very unlikely due to the fact the govt allegedly was threatening wikileaks not to release the documents.

And seriously somehow the gov can't shut down wikileaks? I doubt that.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They stopped talking about it because there is nothing to talk about. South Korea is not going to respond to the north unless the north attacks again. So they're just going to stare at each other with hatred, like they always do, and do nothing about it.

I don't think the issues of Sk and Nk are that big of a deal. It's been 50 years of this, the tension got a little high last week, now its back to normal.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
They stopped talking about it because there is nothing to talk about. South Korea is not going to respond to the north unless the north attacks again. So they're just going to stare at each other with hatred, like they always do, and do nothing about it.

I don't think the issues of Sk and Nk are that big of a deal. It's been 50 years of this, the tension got a little high last week, now its back to normal.


You may be right!

At Least I Hope you're right.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture
 


I don't think anyone, including north korea, wants a world war. Because that's what will happen if they attack again. Unless china decides to abandon the north, which I doubt they would. But the threat of another world war, especially a nuclear one, is a pretty big threat against anyone, no matter how insane they are. I really don't believe anyone has the balls to launch a nuke. I don't think there will ever be a nuclear war, I think its all for show, all talk and no action. Because once one nuke is launched, it gives everyone the right to do it. I don't think our leaders have a deathwish.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No one wants to speculate why N Korea bombed S Korea? I would think that even a closed society like N Korea would have some leaks as to the reason for bombing. Does the media think we are that stupid? Are we that stupid? I would think at least one other person would wonder what N Koreas motive was. 'They want to start a war" is not a good answer.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join