It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Corporate Wars": The Forgotten Premise of the Original Rollerball Film of 1976

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
After 5 years this isn't really an easy task. Really hard to remember such things like the name of the homepage providing. However, I'll try to use my memory and google to maybe find it. I'll immediatly let you know if I find something.

5 years ago I wasn't actually into this whole thing. I just found it accidantly. Didn't even hear the full tape because I got bored of the "stupid conspiracytheory". I was an idiot...

Oh, I should let you known that this tapes were of course in german language... (I live in germany).
edit on 7/12/10 by Kraneloran because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kraneloran
I think I can imagine why this movies are this near to the truth. People at this time (Let's say 1978) even in Germany somekind of advertised the Idea of a tied up world where anything is controlled.
There was once a German Chief Doctor, telling his students about what things they should expect to see in the future. Before this he told them not to make any recordings of this. However, one of the students did. Somewhat about 5 years ago there was a website that provided nothing else than this memo...

The homepage apperenty doesn't exist anymore (without any reason...). But I heard the tapes and it was quite shocking as it was pretty accurate. I also should mention that the Chief Doctor also told things that may happen in the future from now on. That a chip will be implied into the people's skin for example to find and control them via a satalite system. Let's see if this will happen with some kind of evolved RFID chip...

Anyone else out there familiar with what Kraneloran put forth? Sounds very interesting.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

....The dumbing down will continue, internet sites will be seized, information will be manipulated, changed, "lost" or expunged and all our attentions will turn even more than now to the bright shiny things that mindless entertainment and consumerism will offer in place of critical thinking.

I'd like to see what other members have to say about this. Is this scenario accurate/ Have I overstated things?

Have you overstated things? No not at all. College proffessors can not pass high school exams from my Grandmother's time.

Dumbing down:
Look at john Dewey and Dumbing Down America

It is supported by: "For 10 years, William Schmidt, a statistics professor at Michigan State University, has looked at how U.S. students stack up against students in other countries in math and science. "... by 12th-grade, we're at the bottom of the heap, outperforming only two countries, Cyprus and South Africa."

Then we look at what has been done to our text Books:

... Over the last quarter-century, historians have by and large ceased writing about the role of ruling elites in the country's evolution. Or if they have taken up the subject, they have done so to argue against its salience for grasping the essentials of American political history. Yet there is something peculiar about this recent intellectual aversion, even if we accept as true the beliefs that democracy, social mobility, and economic dynamism have long inhibited the congealing of a ruling stratum. This aversion has coincided, after all, with one of the largest and fastest-growing disparities in the division of income and wealth in American history....Neglecting the powerful had not been characteristic of historical work before World War II. ” hnn.us...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I remember reading this book when I was about 20. That was in 1985.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cedcc6ae02b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Today, no-one cares. Except Ron Paul perhaps. And everyone thinks he's a nutjob.
And if they did care, it would be only to point the book's subversive quality. As Frannie said in Dawn of the Dead: "What have we done to ourselves?".

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The "Corporate Wars" have begun. Mastercard has been hacked by Wikileaks supporters and is now down. Caput. Offline. Operation Payback is now in effect.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This member knows his stuff. I've been trying to get this across, but haven't been able to express my thoughts as well as this:

Coup Attempt Within TPTB?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by RobertAntonWeishaupt
started on 12/10/2010 @ 12:25 PM

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
Those who know me know my take on the Illuminati/NWO. In a nutshell, I think we are already living in a de-factor one world government where the Real Power is concentrated amongst a small elite handful who allow "sovereign nations" to continue to exist as an elaborate form of theatre/pantomime. I believe that these true Elites are an annoying though ultimately benign group who simply wish to maintain a status quo where they can continue to live like kings and queens and a consequence free world that is essentially their playground. In order to do this, they believe in maintaining a relative status quo that includes the majority of people being happy, either in true happiness or a well maintained illusion.

I also believe, that there is a lower tier. The perceived movers and shakers of the world who desperately wish to enter the true Inner Circle. I believe that it is that tier that are to be feared and reviled for they fail to understand the relative enlightenment of the Illuminati. It is the wannabes in the waiting room that are doing the evil stuff that we are lamenting these days: TSA B.S., USA PATRIOT Act, FEMA camps, Martial Law preparations, Afghanistan clusterfornication, Iran warmongering etc . . .

As I look at the escalation of Draconian B.S., a thought has occurred to me. What if the wannabes in the waiting room are tired of waiting? Perhaps what we are seeing is an attempt to usurp the Real Powers by disrupting their precious status quo, destroying the precarious balance of happiness and misery and risking worldwide revolt.

The real Illuminati, those in the true inner sanctum, will have little choice but to nip this in the bud. I foresee a couple of high profile mysterious deaths, people with more power than say Obama but less than the Rothschilds. It will be message to the wannabes to cut the crap and should be met with a mysterious easing of all the nonsense that we are currently dealing with.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
hi there,

great post.

thanks for linking the other excellent thread ...re the coup.

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here's an important related thread:

Naming Names: Your Real Government. (When Dark Deeds Unfold, Point The Finger In This Direction)
by RUSSO
started on 3/23/2011 @ 05:40 AM

From the linked article:

Conclusion

These organizations represent the collective interests of the largest corporations on earth. They not only retain armies of policy wonks and researchers to articulate their agenda and form a consensus internally, but also use their massive accumulation of unwarranted influence in media, industry, and finance to manufacture a self-serving consensus internationally.

To believe that this corporate-financier oligarchy would subject their agenda and fate to the whims of the voting masses is naive at best. They have painstakingly ensured that no matter who gets into office, in whatever country, the guns, the oil, the wealth and the power keep flowing perpetually into their own hands. Nothing vindicates this poorly hidden reality better than a "liberal" Nobel Peace Prize wearing president, dutifully towing forward a myriad of "Neo-Con" wars, while starting yet another war in Libya.
landdestroyer.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I loved this movie and good thought on corporation takeover of the world.
I like the part ealy in the movie when James Caan tries researching some books which have been classified by the corporation and are off limits to individuals.
The premise of reducing a person's individualality by control of the corporation throughout the movie is a interesting premise.

edit on 23-3-2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I loved this movie and good thought on corporation takeover of the world.
I like the part ealy in the movie when James Caan tries researching some books which have been classified by the corporation and are off limits to individuals.
The premise of reducing a person's individualality by control of the corporation throughout the movie is a interesting premise.

edit on 23-3-2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

That's the scene that gave me the idea for the thread. It brought to mind something from Orwell's 1984: "He who controls the past controls the future". In "Rollerball" TBTB erased all reference to what actually happened in the past, ensuring no-one would question the status quo. How could they question it? They didn't even know what it was relative to it's state before it came to be.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kraneloran
I think I can imagine why this movies are this near to the truth. People at this time (Let's say 1978) even in Germany somekind of advertised the Idea of a tied up world where anything is controlled.
There was once a German Chief Doctor, telling his students about what things they should expect to see in the future. Before this he told them not to make any recordings of this. However, one of the students did. Somewhat about 5 years ago there was a website that provided nothing else than this memo...

The homepage apperenty doesn't exist anymore (without any reason...). But I heard the tapes and it was quite shocking as it was pretty accurate. I also should mention that the Chief Doctor also told things that may happen in the future from now on. That a chip will be implied into the people's skin for example to find and control them via a satalite system. Let's see if this will happen with some kind of evolved RFID chip...

I'd still be very interested if anyone could provide any further information on the above.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I found this thread interesting and relevant:

NWO Blueprint leaked!
by SecretFace
started on 6/22/2012 @ 08:51 AM

Originally posted by SecretFace
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

On June 12, a leaked copy of the investment chapter for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) was made public. This copy was analyzed by Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch and has been verified as authentic. This agreement has been negotiated IN SECRET for 2-1/2 years and no information has ever been released until this leak. So why have the details of this negotiation been so secret? This agreement has been framed as a “free trade” agreement and yet out of 26 chapters only two have anything to do with trade. The other 24 chapters grant new corporate privileges and rights, while limiting governments and protective regulations.

I think the best overview is the following...

In this new system the role of elected governments would be to serve as subservient agents for the transnational corporations, while the armies, police, and courts would serve the interests of these transnational corporations. The status of the member states would be locked-in, similar to countries once they are inside the Eurozone.

Many have assumed this or guessed it or had an idea before, but this is real now, very real.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I found this thread interesting:

WW3 Very Soon On The Streets of The UK and US.
by TheMindWar
started on 7/23/2012 @ 07:24 PM

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Yep, the mega-corporations have, on purpose, stirred up a hornets nest in the middle east.

Libya: Civil War
Iraq: Civil War
Syria: Civil War
Egypt: Heading for Civil war
Bahrain: Heading for civil war
Afghanistan: Civil War
Africa: Quietly Invaded (No real media to report very often)

Israel: Soon to be involved

Iran: soon to be at war
Russia: Special forces now getting involved
China: Soon to be involved

This is going to get very ugly, once they have blown up a few cities in the west, Russia and China a Corporate New World Order will be put forward as the answer to all problems. Then comes the final reign of terror which will last for 10,000 years (apparently).

Unless the people of the UK and USA make a stand and hold the politicians and the Queen to account for their most hideous crimes against humanity we are doomed.

I believe these people are worse than damn Hitler, Goebbels and the rest of the Nazi bunch.

I totally believe Corporations ordered the politicians to carry out this massacre in the middle east.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here's something interesting:

Secret TPP Deal Would Void Democracy
by tothetenthpower
Forum Moderator
started on 7/8/2013 @ 12:49 PM

The OP:

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I had read into the TPP a while ago, but didn't understand quite how insane it was.

This article really puts it into perspective.

Congress will soon debate whether to “fast-track” a trade deal that would make job-killers like NAFTA look puny. The Trans-Pacific Partnership would give corporations the right to sue national governments if they passed any law, regulation, or court ruling interfering with a corporation’s “expected future profits.”

They could also sue over local or state laws they didn’t like. The TPP would cover 40 percent of the world’s economy.

Source

So effectively, if a company wants to go to another country and ruin it's rain forest, or it's aquifer, it can do that. All it needs to do us sue and claim lost of potential profits.

Isn't that just peachy?

~Tenth
edit on 7/8/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This was just posted by Melbourne_Militia in the Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval thread. I thought is might be food for thought here as well.

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
If War brings a financial economic collapse, it may be the trigger for the Corporate World to bail out the government/country, hence becoming the government.

Bit like that TV Show Continuum....where corporates run the countries and have their own private police and military.........

we may be heading that way,.....then wars will be openly coporate in agenda, cause and justification as they wont answer to the public anywhere.....a real War for resources and Without End!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join