It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery; Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 2 p

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery; Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 2 p.m. EST On Dec. 2

www.nasa.gov

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ironlisa.com

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I am sure it is not full disclosure but I have a feeling that it could be the biggest thing ever announced in this field. Of course the chances that this is a damp squib are still very present but I have hope that it won't be. I am excited!

Here are the participants:

Mary Voytek, director, Astrobiology Program, NASA Headquarters, Washington
- Felisa Wolfe-Simon, NASA astrobiology research fellow, U.S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park, Calif.
- Pamela Conrad, astrobiologist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
- Steven Benner, distinguished fellow, Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution, Gainesville, Fla.
- James Elser, professor, Arizona State University, Tempe

www.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well...last NASA conference I was all hyped up and they really deceived me. So I won't get my expectations high this time. This can't be disclosure, they have to do it in stages. This could be stage 1.

So what? They're gonna announce they've found abnormal methane quantity on the moon possibly coming from an extraterrestrial bacteria?? Meh...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
very interesting looking forward to the info to come, it will most likely be some thing in the microbiology range but thats ok, the existance of even microbiotic life is one step closer to finding larger life out there.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Please, use the search engine.

There have already been posted 5 threads today about this

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Sorry. However, in my defense, the search engine is pretty crap here, isn't it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Well...last NASA conference I was all hyped up and they really deceived me. So I won't get my expectations high this time. This can't be disclosure, they have to do it in stages. This could be stage 1.

So what? They're gonna announce they've found abnormal methane quantity on the moon possibly coming from an extraterrestrial bacteria?? Meh...

This new announcement, whatever it is going to be, is just another drop in the bucket toward what I call Back Door Disclosure. Eventually, they are going to find nice, safe, primative life forms way out there and then gradually bring that possibility down here to Titan and eventually....Oh, my God!....life on Mars!!! 'Course, then it is only a short hop to recognizing UFOs as alien ships. You see, most of the world does not see, and that is the nature of the effort to bring them up to speed from zero.

BTW: The last NASA was about the closest comet pass yet. If you take time to study the images they released, you just may wonder about the extremely curious nature of that body. It is not the first little body that has revealed itself to be dumbbell shaped. they've tried, not very successfully to explain that away with an earlier body. And here is another. Why would nature repeat this "design" in such a symethrical pattern in only the small number of those bodies we have observered? Since the images are still up around on the internet of that recent encounter, go back there and marvel at that strange body and why it is so particulaly formed. I wonder if it is rotating around its central axis and providing an artificial gravity to its inhabitants in each end?

(In the US we don't know the expression "Meh..." Whatzat mean exactly?)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

according to this article, the conference is not about life being discovered anywhere.

kottke.org...

So, if I had to guess at what NASA is going to reveal on Thursday, I'd say that they've discovered arsenic on Titan and maybe even detected chemical evidence of bacteria utilizing it for photosynthesis (by following the elements). Or something like that. (thx, sippey) Update: According to Alexis Madrigal, the answer to the hyperbolic question in the headline is "no". I'm sad to quell some of the @kottke-induced excitement about possible extraterrestrial life. I've seen the Science paper. It's not that.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

actually, bacteria would be life.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
reply to post by ypperst

Sorry. However, in my defense, the search engine is pretty crap here, isn't it.

really. just write nasa press conference and what comes up. This is just called being lazy

top topics

join