It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Caught on C-Span Open Mic: Lieberman to Hutchinson, "It's rigged, it's all rigged"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatKnot

01:58:08 SINCE 2001, IN THE SEPTEMBER 11 BOMBINGS,

Hmmmm, September 11 bombings, eh? Possible slip?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

I like your thinking, but when? SB 510 passed, TSA has the right to feel you up, DHS can dictate what you see on the net/web, how much more control, will we stand for before it is too late?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Yeah. I think its interesting that he mentions them as if they were two separate events.

01:58:08 SINCE 2001, IN THE SEPTEMBER 11 BOMBINGS, IN THE SEPTEMBER 11 CRASHES OF THE AIRLINERS

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well it's certainly nothing I didn't already know. What's interesting is to see that since this was discussed between two congressmen, it shows you some things.

1. Some congressmen truly have been asleep at the wheel and haven't been able to see the big picture.

2. Some of them are becoming enlightened to who there real masters are.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Oh, I think a lot of peeps are ready to make their move if push comes to shove. I am one of them. Moved from NYC to the hills 8 years ago at hubby's insistence. I hope it doesn't come to it, but the average household in the state I now live in has 21 firearms and know how to use them. Our 100+ acre ranch is our garden and hunting ground, if necessary. We have chickens and cows. We will live here freely or die fighting for our right to do so. You can only push a Brooklyn gal so far ...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I can't fast forward the video to 1h.04 but from the transcript it seems it was the Coburn Bill which was being discussed prior to this.

Coburn has made some comments on his website which might link to the comments caught in the video:

urlm.in...

Senator Reid used cloture once again to cut off debate and prevent any amendments to pay for the $34 billion price tag of the latest bill to extend unemployment benefits

To circumvent Senator Reid’s legislative blockade, Senator Tom Coburn has filed two motions to suspend the rules and require the bill to be paid for and to publicly disclose the Senate’s failure to adhere to its own PAYGO rules which were passed with much fanfare earlier this year.

PAYGO MOTION: The first Coburn motion would suspend the rules to amend the bill to require the Senate website to disclose to taxpayers the total amount the Senate has voted to borrow in spend since the PAYGO was signed into law.

Click here for additional background on PAYGO amendment 4493. Click here for a chronological poster outlining the Senate abusing PAYGO by borrowing $266 billion since its enactment in February of this year.

Dr. Coburn's first motion to suspend the rules and statement for the record:

Mr. COBURN. Mr. President, I submit the following notice in writing: In accordance with rule V of the Standing Rules of the Senate, I hereby give notice in writing that it is my intention to move to suspend rule XXII for the purpose of proposing and considering the following amendment to amendment No. 4425 to the House amendment to the Senate amendment to H.R. 4213, including germaneness requirements:

At the appropriate place, insert the following:

SEC.__. SENATE SPENDING DISCLOSURE.

(a) IN GENERAL.--The Secretary of the Senate shall post prominently on the front page of the public website of the Senate (www.senate.gov...) the following information:

(1) The total amount of discretionary and direct spending passed by the Senate that has not been paid for, including emergency designated spending or spending otherwise exempted from PAYGO requirements.

(2) The total amount of net spending authorized in legislation passed by the Senate, as scored by CBO.

(3) The number of new government programs created in legislation passed by the Senate.

(4) The totals for paragraphs (1) through (3) as passed by both Houses of Congress and signed into law by the President.

(b) DISPLAY.--The information tallies required by subsection (a) shall be itemized by bill and date, updated weekly, and archived by calendar year.

(c) EFFECTIVE DATE.--The PAYGO tally required by subsection (a)(1) shall begin with the date of enactment of the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010 and the authorization tally required by subsection (a)(2) shall apply to all legislation passed beginning January 1, 2010.

PAYFOR MOTION: The second Coburn motion would suspend the rules to require the bill to be paid for with $40 billion in cuts (reducing unneeded government printing, cutting non-essential government travel, and eliminating bogus government bonuses)and revenue raisers (selling unneeded government property and collecting unpaid taxes from federal employees). This motion also includes the PAYGO disclosure requirement.

Click here for additional information on the PAYFOR amendment.

Dr. Coburn's second motion to suspend the rules and statement for the record:

Mr. COBURN. Mr. President, I submit the following notice in writing: In accordance with rule V of the Standing Rules of the Senate, I hereby give notice in writing that it is my intention to move to suspend rule XXII for the purpose of proposing and considering the following motion to recommit with instructions of H.R. 4213:

The Senator from Oklahoma [Mr. Coburn] moves to recommit H.R. 4213 to the Committee on Finance with instructions to report the same back to the Senate with changes to include:

(A) a reduction in unnecessary government printing and publishing costs to save $4.6 billion over ten years;

(B) a requirement to sell off $15 billion worth of unused and unneeded federal real property;

(C) a requirement for the Internal Revenue Service to collect any unpaid taxes from federal employees, which would bring in $3 billion, including nearly $2.5 million owed by employees of the U.S. Senate;

(D) a prohibition on bogus bonuses for government contractors whose projects are over budget, behind schedule, or do not meet basic performance standards, saving more than $8 billion over ten years;

(E) a prohibition on nonessential travel by government employees to save $10 billion over ten years; and

(F) a requirement the Secretary of the Senate post on the Senate's public website the total dollar amount of new borrowing and spending and other violations of PAYGO approved by the Senate since the PAYGO law was signed into law.

Permalink: coburn.senate.gov...
edit on 30-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

G grand pa was born in hells kitchen,G grand ma came from wy, so i have the fighting spirit as well, just wish there where more of us then we would not have this mess.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

21 firearms per household?!

I'm calling your bluff.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Looks like two of the men standing next to him in the Op's video are listening with interest while the tall man facing the camera in the back is looking down as if it is not new news but I get the feeling with his hand gestures at the end of the video he cant wait to tell on him.

I feel sorry for those who came into Politics to make a difference and are just tied down by the truth. I have relatives who have been in politics and they are just good people wanting to make a difference, hence they did not go far, lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

21 firearms per household?!

I'm calling your bluff.

Yes!!! I was surprised, too - AND, that was before BO was elected. I am sure they further armed up after that. People in the cities don't realize how serious hicks are about their freedoms. I feel pretty safe here.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Is this what it is all about?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Complete control of the global food production. Expect to see angry farmers with pitch forks showing up to try and get this one straightened out.
edit on 30-11-2010 by WhatKnot because: Thread brought back to life. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
According to the latest the person saying it was Colorado Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet.

Hot mic picks up discussion on Senate floor: ‘It’s all rigged’

A hot mic left on during a Senate vote Tuesday morning on the Food Safety Act caught a senator complaining that process of setting the agenda during the lame-duck session is “rigged.”

“It’s all rigged. The whole conversation is rigged,” said Colorado Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet. “The fact that we don’t get to a discussion before the break about what we’re going to do in the lame duck. It’s just rigged.”

Sen Bennet's office is standing by the comments and expounded more upon them.

Bennet Chief of Staff Guy Cecil stood by the senator’s comments.

“It’s something he’s been talking about from day one,” Cecil told The Daily Caller in an interview outside the Senate chamber. “The whole process being rigged against having a real conversation about tax cuts, the estate tax and the defense authorization. We’re not having a lot of those conversations. It’s just a symptom of Washington being broken.”

He is upset because there was no discussion before hand of the agenda for the lame duck session and no way to give input on what the agenda should be.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So if it is all "rigged" then the laws that they "passed" of null and void.
If they are allowed to stand then this is truly an in-your-face- you-idiots act by those who pretend to have our best interest at heart.

Have any of you called or written to your Senators about this?
We should be flooding them.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Great point! Hubby and I write to our senators/congressman several times a year. Everyone should be in the habit of communicating with their state and local public servants.

www.senate.gov...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is an outrage!But comes as no surprise!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Looks like two of the men standing next to him in the Op's video are listening with interest while the tall man facing the camera in the back is looking down as if it is not new news but I get the feeling with his hand gestures at the end of the video he cant wait to tell on him.

I feel sorry for those who came into Politics to make a difference and are just tied down by the truth. I have relatives who have been in politics and they are just good people wanting to make a difference, hence they did not go far, lol.

Good post, Antar. Your post reminded me of a book written in the 1970's by a disgusted Congressman. I think he may have been a one-term Rep from somewhere in the Heartland. He had NO ties to any politician in DC. No one OWED him anything. He was NOT a member of the "Club." Consequently, he couldn't get anything significant done.

The essence of his book was that a Congressman can have the best intentions, but unless he is plugged into the "DC network of power" his agenda will not be supported.

Contrast his experience with LBJ's (Lyndon Baines Johnson) who was in DC as a Rep (1937-1949) and as a Senator (1949-1961) who was famous for getting things done (Senate Majority Leader for six years). LBJ knew where most of the bodies were buried in DC and if he had to get something done, he wasn't afraid of playing hardball. He was infamous for being ruthless. He was also considered one of the most corrupt politicians in DC.

That is one of the reasons I think the Tea Partiers (Bless them) are simply naive. And it's not just that DC is rotten with corruption, but our government is really owned by the most powerful banks & corporations. Laws are passed to protect their interests, NOT the interests of US citizens. Just look at the Federal Reserve.

I really believe our country is controlled by a shadow government and has been for decades. I wish this were not true. But I think it's already way too late to oust them -- they are so firmly entrenched. The best we can do is be AWARE of what is being done to us. Let me be wrong!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I love it

The unchecked microphone......the sworn enemy of every elderly, corrupt government official.

And there you have it folks "IT'S RIGGED.....THE WHOLE THING IS RIGGED". Straight from the asses mouth.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

I think the banks are a red herring and have no real power other than to the slaves who they own. They operate from a totally different level than people, hence they have a different set of finances altogether, they are supposed to be operating from a higher level but they have found ways around that and so are corrupt and using the system rather than aiding it to be strong.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He's a terrorist,he's a threat to our country, he is only slowing down our solution to everyones problems.

well, using hillaries attitude to wikileaks, same principle in a way

S&F
edit on 30-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join