It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Caught on C-Span Open Mic: Lieberman to Hutchinson, "It's rigged, it's all rigged"

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

CAUGHT ON OPEN MIC! CSPAN (Senate) 10:05am EST: Lieberman to Hutchinson, "It's rigged, it's all rigged" [re Lame Duck discussions]

Will post more as it develops.

The scoundrels ...

Vid from C-Span (go to 1:04):

www.c-spanvideo.org...

Excerpt:

edit on 30-11-2010 by GirlGenius because: link

edit on 30-11-2010 by GirlGenius because: another link - thanks, doc!

edit on 30-11-2010 by GirlGenius because: embed, I hope, thx badwolf!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

What was the context?
2nd

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Links? or a source?
2nd

Wow, that's ridiculous!
edit on 11/30/2010 by BrokenCar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What, where, who ?
2nd

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
WHAT A TEASE! Lets go! FIND ME THE LINK!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Can't just post something like that without adding a link or a source... Throw us a bone here..

I Googled it... The only thing I could find is a thread on another site.. If this is indeed true hopefully someone was recording.
edit on 30-11-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.c-spanvideo.org...

GO FORWARD to 01:04!!!!

He starts saying it at around 10:05 am East time. Look at the clock / timer in the vid and skip ahead to then. Like an hour and 4-5 min in.

edit on 30-11-2010 by drkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I added links. Thanks, doc!

Not that we didn't know it is totally rigged, but it is validating to hear the scoundrels say it themselves ...

edit on 30-11-2010 by GirlGenius because: thanks, doc!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
tell us something we do not know of course it is rigged, it has been that way, when LBJ took office, they are there just for show and tell, the laws and bills are decided long befor they get to the floor house and senate, it is there C span as a smoke and mirror, parlor trick, so you do not see nor know what really goes on, just sit back and watch the show, reminds me of kindergarten, he stole my milk and cookies, wha wha wha, next time they have a debate watch and see, i will not sit down, i will not yield, your time is up, Mr speaker Mr speaker.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
To quote our Vice President; This is a big #ing deal.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think the context here was that
Lieberman was stating it was rigged,
he was talking about the voting on the
agenda of topics to be gone over in
the lame duck session. In other words,
they were being stonewalled on topics
to discuss. Basically, a takeover of the
chamber agenda.

ques is: taken over by whom
and for what agenda?
Since Lieberman is a Democrat/Independent,
then I would assume this is a
GOP agenda.
edit on 11/30/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
its weird to see and hear a group of old guys reciting the pledge of allegiance. it sounds unreal, like its just noise.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yeah, I have no idea lol, but for ease of listening - the link is posted above, but heres a snippet of the part in question...

Just uploaded so it may still be processing, give it a bit if you cant access it..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hahaha, I watch this and the first thing that pops in my head
is Homer Simpson saying his classic, "DOH!".
One thing that struck me as a little odd was that it seemed like someone was cycling through the mics and just "happened" to pick that snippit up. Seemed like some one was listening in and wanted that blurb put out there maybe?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I heard it. ITS RIGGED! OH NO!...LOL

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
tell us something we do not know of course it is rigged, it has been that way, when LBJ took office, they are there just for show and tell, the laws and bills are decided long befor they get to the floor house and senate, it is there C span as a smoke and mirror, parlor trick, so you do not see nor know what really goes on, just sit back and watch the show, reminds me of kindergarten, he stole my milk and cookies, wha wha wha, next time they have a debate watch and see, i will not sit down, i will not yield, your time is up, Mr speaker Mr speaker.

Yes, of course, but the shenanigans should go viral and the curtain be pulled back. That is the only way to get these criminals out and restore a sane system. It wasn't all that long ago that we had a semblance of true government. We will get back there and better...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I looked on a bit further and found the topic of wikileaks popped up.

01:55:20 MR. PRESIDENT, ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT, AMERICA'S SECRETS ARE NOT WHAT'S AT RISK WITH THE EXPOSURE OF THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOCUMENTS OF CLASSIFIED CABLES.
01:55:44 AMERICA'S FRIENDS AND ALLIES ARE AT RISK AND, THEREFORE, AMERICAN'S NATIONAL SECURITY IS AT RISK.
01:55:55 WHEN CLASSIFIED CABLES IDENTIFY CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT HAVE HELPED US AROUND THE WORLD ADVANCE THE INTEREST OF THE FREE WORLD NATIONAL SECURITY AND THE SAFETY OF ALL HUMANKIND, WHEN THOSE PEOPLE ARE EXPOSED, THERE ARE A LOT OF BAD PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO GET RID OF THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE.
01:56:25 WHEN SOURCES OF INFORMATION -- I'LL DRESS YOU UP AND TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT IT IS -- IT'S CALLED INTELLIGENCE.
01:56:35 WHEN SOURCES OF INTELLIGENCE ARE BETRAYED BY BEING MADE PUBLIC, BY THE DISCLOSURE INDISCRIMNANTLY OF THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF CABLES THAT WERE MARKED TOP SECRET OR MARKED SECRET, THEN WHAT WE'VE DONE IS WE'VE STARTED TO SHACKLE OUR ARMS BEHIND OURSELVES IN OUR ABILITY TO DEFEND OURSELVES.
01:57:08 NOW, WHY DO I SAY THAT?
01:57:10 WELL, LOOK AT ALL THE RECENT ATTEMPTS AT A TERRORIST ACT.
01:57:18 WE WERE ABLE TO AVERT THE TERRORIST STRIKING -- TERRORISTS STRIKING BECAUSE WE GOT THE INFORMATION THAT HE WAS GOING TO STRIKE BEFORE HE STRUCK.
01:57:28 AND WHERE DID THAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION COME?
01:57:34 OFTEN THAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION COMES FROM FAR CORNERS OF THE GLOBE BECAUSE WE HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE GIVING US INFORMATION THAT WE THEN TRACK DOWN AND FIND THAT, IN FACT, IT'S TRUE AND STOP THE TERRORISTS FROM DOING THEIR DASTARDLY DEED UPON INNOCENT CITIZENS.
01:58:08 SINCE 2001, IN THE SEPTEMBER 11 BOMBINGS, IN THE SEPTEMBER 11 CRASHES OF THE AIRLINERS, OVER AN OVER AGAIN THE NEWSPAPERS OF THIS COUNTRY HAVE CHRONICLEED TERRORISTS' PLOTS THAT HAVE BEEN THWARTED FOR THE REASON THAT I'VE JUST SAID.
01:58:29 AND NOW ALONG COMES SOMEONE WHO, FOR WHATEVER REASONS OF BEING A MISFIT, WANTS TO DISGOURGE THOUSANDS OF CLASSIFIED CABLES THAT START TO BETRAY OUR SOURCES OFFINGS IN TO PROTECT OURSELVES AND OUR -- AND NOT EVEN NECESSARILY OUR ALLIES, OTHER INNOCENT VICTIMS IN OTHER COUNTRIES THAT WE MAY NOT HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH.
01:59:04 THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF DISHONORING OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PEOPLE AND OF HUMANKIND.
01:59:21 AND IT IS THE HEIGHT OF TRAIT TRAITORRIST ACTIVITY.
01:59:24 MR. PRESIDENT, IT HAS GOT TO STOP.
01:59:28 WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO THWART THESE TERRORISTS' ACTS IF WE DON'T HAVE RELIABLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION IN ORDER TO DISRUPT THE TERRORISTS' PLOT.
01:59:43 AND YOU KNOW WHAT?
01:59:45 THE NEWSPAPERS HAVE CHRONICLED SINCE THE ATTEMPT, FOR EXAMPLE, OF BLOWING UP FEDEX AND U.P.S. -- AND BY THE WAY, THOSE PACKAGES ALSO WERE CARRIED ON COMMERCIAL AIRLINERS WITH PASSENGERS ON THEM.
02:00:02 YOU KNOW WHAT THE NEWSPAPERS HAVE CHRONICLED.
02:00:05 THEY HAVE POINTED OUT HOW THE TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS ARE CROWING ABOUT HOW LITTLE IT COSTS THEM AND HOW THEY WILL FIND ANOTHER WAY IN ORDER TO DO THIS.
02:00:21 AS THE NEWSPAPERS REPORTED, WE FOUND OUT AND STOPPED THAT PLOT BY LONG DISTANCE SOURCES OF INFORMATION THAT CAME TO US.
02:00:35 TO BETRAY THOSE SOURCES, TO NOW PUT THEIR LIVES IN JEOPARDY BY THE INDISCRIMINATE TURNING OVER TO AN ORGANIZATION CALLED WIKILEAKS THAT SUDDENLY PUTS ALL OF THIS UP ON THE WEB IS THE HEIGHT OF IRRESPONSIBILITY, IS AN ACT AGAINST HUMANITY.
02:01:04 , AND IT HAS TO BE STOPPED.
02:01:05 MR. PRESIDENT, I YIELD THE FLOOR.
02:01:33 A SENATOR: MR. PRESIDENT?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
To quote our Vice President; This is a big #ing deal.

lol, and they like shoving it into our faces now don't they?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Great quick work on that! I added it to the OP. My first embed - hope it works!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
its weird to see and hear a group of old guys reciting the pledge of allegiance. it sounds unreal, like its just noise.

Indeed. Of course, it bugs me that they are pledging allegiance to a mere symbol. They pledge allegiance to the flag? What about allegiance to the People? No, they would rather pledge allegiance to an abstract symbol that has been hijacked and bastardized to the verge of meaninglessness. They pledge allegiance to their little flag lapel pins, meaningless shorthand to ID them as "patriots" regardless of their treasonous actions.

And of course the vote for Lame Duck agenda is rigged. It almost seems like a bout of senility on the part of Lieberman that he even finds this odd enough to comment on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join