It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel With An Unloaded And Locked Gun In Your Trunk? = GO TO JAIL!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Can anyone get an address of the jail he is at I think sending a few letters to him telling him that even if we can not do much about it we are thinking about you and think it's BS...

I'll write him a letter I think it's the least we could do.

That would be a very nice thing to do.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A better way to spend your time is not writing this guy, but writing the governor of NJ asking him to look into this case -politely-.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think our third POTUS summed things up quite nicely:

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... such laws serve rather to encourage than to prevent homocides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

That government is best which governs least.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

Then there is always the FACT that the law(s) used to imprison this man are repugnant to the US Constitution.

One last quote from our first POTUS:

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

Our government(s) are nothing more than force! Our government(s) refuse to allow the populace to arm themselves in accordance with said government(s) which is indicative of entities that wish to insure the fear of the populace is far greater of said government(s) than the fear said government(s) have of their populace. It is called tyranny.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Government is a violent institution of looting thieves.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by SaturnFX
seems like the only laws he broke were clerical in nature...I think like 100$ fine type thing for not having the proper paperwork would be fair. 7 years is a miscarriage of justice in my opinion...based on what is presented and not knowing the facts anyhow.

As far as the suggestion to create some sort of NAACP type organization (lol) that protects people from unfair laws and injustice...such an organization already exists...its called the ACLU.

The ACLU refuses to accept 2nd amendment cases.

They don't believe people have a right to defend themselves.

edit on 30-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

My point is OP is very passionate about this stuff and clearly has an audience.

I think OP is right about the ACLU too - it seems to me there are a couple of ventures they do not touch, not to mention the unfair financial penalties which are NEVER addressed as far as I am aware of...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I bet this sort of thing happens almost everyday around the country. Awful. What can we do though?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So, it's legal to buy it and own it but you cant transport it?
how are you supposed to take it from the gun shop to your place

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hence the quote by Washington. Neither he nor I disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
7 years?
For a locked and unloaded gun in the trunk?
That makes me very, very angry.

He moved so he could be closer to his son, and will now spend 7 years in prison.
He is now a felon, so no guns.
How old will his son be when he is released?

His Mom called the cops on him, she is a social worker.
The state knows what's best for you dear, trust them.
Typical social worker mentality.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
I place blame squarely on the fathers shoulders for calling the police in the first place. Now he has to deal with an imprisoned son and the hard feelings that go along with it. he should have handled the situation himself. People should realize that no matter what they might say to the contrary, the police are not there to help you.

Respectfully

Reluctantpawn

I place the blame directly on the State for creating victimless crime.

I place secondary blame on the jury, for being complicit in the State's crime against humanity.

The jury should be put on trial for neglecting their civic duty and blindly following the State's orders.

It goes without saying that the prosecutor and judge in this case should be behind bars.

edit on 30-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

Reluctant Pawn: Article says mother, a social worker, called the cops. Otherwise, ditto.

mnemeth1, from the article:

the jury asked Judge Morley for the exemption statute several times and he refused to hand it over to them.

As far as the judge, seems he's an odd fellow.

A few weeks after Aitken's trial over the summer, Judge Morley learned that [Gov.] Christie was not going to reappoint him, due in part to a 2009 case in which he dismissed animal-cruelty charges against a Moorestown cop accused of sticking his penis into the mouths of five calves. Morley said there was no way of knowing whether the calves had been "puzzled" or "tormented" by the officer's actions.

The judge won't be reappointed, but yes, ought to be in jail.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Here is a little story that's almost like what had happened to me.. Driving outside St. Louis Missouri. Got pulled over by 3 cops `no reason and no ticket` they asked to search my car `I had nothing to hide` they found my shotgun `unloaded in the trunk and in its case`. Then they took me to jail `no reason` for 24 hours! `no phone call!` let me out the next day asked for my gun back they said they couldn't do that then I asked what I was being charred for they said I`ll find out when they issue my warrant. Soo I talked to 2 lawyers they both said to wait 6 months before I do anything `because that's how long they have to charge me with a mistermeaner and 3 years to charge someone with a felony`. So I waited ` worrying and wondering what's going to happen`. The cops never gave me a gun receipt upon arrest so I had NO evidence they even had my gun. One year went by before I did anything. I had to write the Chief of Police explaining what had happen send in photo copy of my gun receipt and tell him I would press charges if I didn't get my gun back. The arresting officer called me cussing, then a detective called me with an attitude but did how ever say ` I could come up and get my gun` which I did. .... If they would have chared me with some BS and I had to go to jail for 7 years like in the OP story I would have went but the day they let me out I would most likely be going back in due to my immediate actions

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
this is a very good example ,

how on earth can u.s go around spreading democracy to "wild natives of foreign lands" when they
dont argee on their own constitution and internal laws ,

i mean one should assume that the line between right and wrong was drawn in the sand before venturing boldly
into other peoples rights or wrongs ,

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This can happen in any state.

I have been routed into the airport property in both LA Calif and Las Vegas NV because the street signs are not clear as to that you are entering the airport.
And TSA and cops can and do set up checkpoints and search cars entering airport property.
www.thehighroad.org...
online.wsj.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What ever happend to the 2nd admendment? The Right To Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed. Its just one more step in the Gov plans at taking over all controll from the Citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join