It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Possible raid in progress at Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This news is from NEIN, I haven't been able to confirm it by other news sources yet. As of right now it is only a rumor, but due to the fact that NEIN normally gives some breaking news that other news sources take sometime to catch on, I am posting it here.

Raid in progress by ICE, FBI and IRS at Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences of America in Fairfax, VA

Sources indicate that a raid by ICE, the FBI, and the IRS is in progress at this time.

The target appears to be the Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences of America in Fairfax, VA.

Reports indicate that the agencies involved in the raid suggest that authorities are seeking some sort of financial records.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It has been confirmed, thanks to Banshee, that this raid has taken place at the Institute which US officials think might have a link with terrorism. No arrests were made and Arsalan Iftikhar, director of legal affairs for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, said that his conversation with the law enforcement agents was cordial, according to the Washington post link that Banshee has provided on her post.

---Edited for update---

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
No further information has come forth from news sources about the Islamic Institute.

The Institute's website is still down. This is the message that i get when I try to connect to it.

"Failed to connect
The host 208.246.28.194 could not be contacted. If this persists, you should contact the administrator of the remote site."

My browser gives me also this information.

" Firewall error: Failed to connect "

Not even by lowering the protection level or disabling my firewall am i able to connect to the links, and the same message appears.

My guess is that several government agencies are still investigating and this is why the site is still down, but I am not totally sure since I can't find any other information to confirm or deny this.

There is still this link available with some information about the Institute.
ssgdoc.bibliothek.uni-halle.de...

This is the original link from the Institute which can't be accessed yet, and gives the error message that I posted above.
www.iiasa.org...

I tried another link from the Institute and got the same error message.
www.iiasa.org...

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
they probably made them turn off their website as part of the raid. traffic attempting to reach the address will also be monitored.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Does anybody have an update on the situation with IIASA, it's unfortunate that the government felt the need to raid this university, to the best of my knowledge it is an excellent place of learning, does anyone know different ???
Any info would be greatly appreciated, btw, who is the head of IIASA anyway? and how is it supossedly linked to terrorism?

Thanks,

-AzizA

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I called them to try to get a comment or ask why they were being raided. No one answered. We need like press passes or something lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have been researching on the web, and it seems that IIASA has been publishing, and making available hate books and other material that could very well lead to terrorist acts against Jewish and Christian people, and probably this is the reason why there was a raid there. The following excerpts are from 2002. It does seem that government agencies have been keeping an eye on the Institute for some time now.

Hate Literature Distributed by Saudi Officials in the U.S.

Saudi officials disseminate hate literature openly in the United States, through such entities as the Institute for Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America (IIASA), in Fairfax, Va. and the World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY), in Alexandria, Va. They show that official Saudi representatives in the United States promote belief that Jews are the source of all conflicts in the world, that Shia Muslims are part of a Jewish conspiracy, and that Muslims, Jews, and Christians cannot live together.

Excerpted from.
Saudi Institute and FDD join forces to track official Saudi campaign

A new study by the Saudi Institute and the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies notes that, "Saudi officials disseminate hate literature openly in the United States." The Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America (funded by Riyadh) has published Abdullah Al-Tarekee's piece, "A Muslim's Relations with Non-Muslims -- Enmity or Friendship."

As noted in a recent column, "The Anti-Semitism of the Saudis," by Deroy (cq) Murdock (a senior fellow with the Atlas Economic Research Foundation in Fairfax, Va., whose column is distributed by Scripps Howard News Service), the document states: "The unbelievers, idolaters, and others like them must be hated and despised. We must stay away from them and create barriers between us and them. (The) Qur'an (forbids) taking Jews and Christians as friends, and that applies to every Jew and Christian, with no consideration as to whether they are at war with Islam or not."

Excerpted from.
townhall.com

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

join