It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female police chief killed in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

# Hermila Garcia had been police chief for two months # She was attacked as she drove to work # Garcia was one of several women to take jobs as police chiefs

News Source

As we all know there is a large scale Drug War in Mexico. Many deaths are committed in our own backyard. I don't think I can ever understand why this Drug War is as big as it is today.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I believe the reason it is so big is simply because of DEMAND. People in the good ole U S of A love their drugs. Youd think that the PTB would get their heads out of their behinds and realize that there is a lot of money to be made in legalizing certain drugs. And a lot of the murders and kidnapings would cease as an effect of their legalization.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow, my husband and I were just wondering last night if she was still on the job...
Sadly, this is exactly what we expected.

She was one of the few brave ones that actually had enough courage to try and tackle something that was too big a battle for many.

I personally would never forget this young brave woman.

EDIT: I thought this was in reference to Marisol Valles Garcia, assumed it was about her and posted before reading link.
edit on 30-11-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: stated above

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

What the heck is going on here! This stuff makes me so mad! I live in San Diego, and work with many people who drive across the border daily to work here in the US. I worry about them all the time. My boss's brother in law, who worked for the DMV in Mexico was abducted and found hanging from a bridge with his hands cut off just outside Tiajuana. This is terror!

This "War on Drugs" or whatever they call it is a sham. When the Mexican government has to hire young women, because the men are too afraid to serve their communities.......well, I smell a rat! The number of drug related murder in Mexico, for this year alone is astromical, well above 10,000 civilians.

Article quote: "Garcia was one of a handful of women who have taken leadership roles in police departments in cities and towns where men have stayed away because of fear." And: "One of the most high-profile women to take such an assignment is 20-year-old Marisol Valles Garcia, a student who became police chief of Praxedis G. Guerrero, also in the state of Chihuahua."

I saw a story on the news about this 20 year old and I thought, "Are they daring the cartell to kill a young girl?"

COWARDS! COWARDS! COWARDS!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Honestly, agree with you, but, I don;t think you can blame the demand side of this argument. Remember the "Iran Contra Affair"? The American gov. litterlly pushed crack cocain on our inner cities to make money to buy arms. Sometimes, in our wacky economy, corporations tell us what we want and thereby dictate demand.

I believe the drug cartells use simalar avenues that keeps them in power. I also believe that if there was a cencerted effort on the part of Mexico with the help of other countries, including the USA, we could get this debacle under control. There must a reason why they let this go unchecked.

Maybe something to do with the North American Treaty (Free Trade Agreement?)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
maybe what we are not understanding about this drug war is that the ptb if you will are making more money keeping it illegal first there is the drug which is the key piece second the weapons that are supplied the cartels and mexican and american army then third the prison system why would they want to lose two thirds of one the greatest schemes in our time for legalization they dont and wont even one of the former members of a mexican cartel was in forbes once for amassing wealth quickly and reinvesting in weapons and tech companies think of it as they're hush money and nice little retirement bonuses for themselves. the media has never really tackled it head on and wont because even if you look deeper you will have more questions like the tunnel systems for example how could they build them in some cases under texas arizona nevada unless the tunnels were already there or they hired american firms to build them some of them are very elaborate and self sufficient it is truly sad when this war and the iraq war have killed more than vietnam alone and it doesnt look like it will end

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
As we all know there is a large scale Drug War in Mexico. Many deaths are committed in our own backyard. I don't think I can ever understand why this Drug War is as big as it is today.

The answer is very simple, and the solution even simpler.

The answer is that demand for drugs combined with an enforced ban on them creates a black market. The cartels are the ones filling that demand.

The solution: legalize all drugs. Where there is no prohibition, there is no Al Capone. In addition to saving countless lives, such a move would also save the government billions of dollars.

Of course, they'll never do it because too many people connected with the government are making money off the drug war. Basically the entire DEA apparatus would have to be fired, from the top all the way down.

edit on 30-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is So sad I remember seeing her on a video here at ATS as she took office when noone else would for fear of their lives! She was beautiful and brave, this is going to start something very very serious as we ramp up the border war on drugs, her life will be avenged one way or another, she will be an example not a victim.
Bless her strong spirit. I am sorry beyond words for her loving family who must be devastated.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This is So sad I remember seeing her on a video here at ATS as she took office when noone else would for fear of their lives! She was beautiful and brave, this is going to start something very very serious as we ramp up the border war on drugs, her life will be avenged one way or another, she will be an example not a victim.
Bless her strong spirit. I am sorry beyond words for her loving family who must be devastated.

I think you are talking about another woman, this is not the young 20 something year old. Either way it is still sad that she was trying to clean up her area and was murdered for it.

new topics

top topics

join