It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has your mind convinced you of today?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I used to think... but never reason... and then Id logicalize.... having no idea of what source of information I should put trust in...

I asked myself... how do I know the difference between listening to myself... and listening to my mind.... then I read someones writing that said... if its negative... and makes you feel bad about yourself... its not of you....

And from there I started listening to me.... loving me... being thankful for me.... I struggle with trying to find a way to free myself of this society... but havent quite gotten a hold on the full spectrum of why its not free and how...

So now.... i waste no time with silly games, tv, movies, or anything other than training myself to understand and be certain in all decision I make....

thats where Im at now.... but tomorrow.... I know itll be better... because I make sure im constantly utilizing my time for useful movement..

PS.... i was heavy into The Zeitgeist Movement.... and The Venus Project... then It broke my heart to see how they couldnt possibly be really only wanting to help us people.... but at the same time I was thankful to have seen it before getting anymore deep... be aware.... stay awake...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by carolinag7

i know if you read my previous posts, you are sure to think i am a bit scatter brained, and i will be the first to admit i am... i just wanted to say that your post is very logical and thought provoking. thanks for adding your insight, most times that's all we have

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

What has your mind convinced you of today?

We're all gonna die...again!

But seriously, I too have noticed this conversation between me and myself and I have wondered if it could be left/right brian communications, or perhaps the filtering process of our hippocampus which is what determines what we say or how we react to a thought or stimuli.
Maybe it is the true self juxtaposed to the "conditioned" self too? I'm not sure but interesting for sure.
So today as I reflect, my mind convinced me to stay inside, it's cold and wet outside, so write/play some music, and so it was....

Peace,
spec
edit on 30-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What a great OP.
S and F.

What you refer to in your OP is the internal dialogue that everybody has going on, it is important in our self perception as well as the way we fit in or perceive ourselves in a society.
Diological Self Theory is something you may find as interesting reading too.

This dialogue can effect a person greatly along a broad spectrum of emotions. People with anxiety issues, for example, will often have an extremely negative dialogue triggered by a look or an action.
Sports Psychologists, as another example, are effectively augmenting an internal dialogue of an athlete in order for them to combat negative thoughts and to help athletes maintain a positive approach. Many sports psychologists study champions and actually get these special athletes to record their internal dialogue in diaries so as to gain an understanding about how they would self talk before events or in training etc.
It is fascinating stuff.
I used to race Ironman Triathlon so I used have some guidelines that helped me with very long training sessions, that I often did alone, as well as when I was racing. They were more along the lines of identifying and avoiding certain types of internal dialogue.

And as you point out in the OP, we are and can be programmed in relation to the habits of our self talk.

Hello ADVERTISING.

You should give yourself a pat on the back OP. Personal insights, especially honest ones similar to your OP, are really important.

I really like the way you have presented an observation or a monitoring of your own internal dialogue as it went through a method of advice forming in relation to your work setting.
You know, not many people monitor their own internal dialogue with a great deal of scrutiny.
But like anything in life, there is often many influences and motivating factors that are not obvious to us as the drivers behind our own internal dialogue, unless we do exactly what you refer too in the OP.

Again, excellent thread. I really enjoyed reading your OP.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

My friend this is an awakening withought a substance or meditation. Simply observing. I congradulate you. It took a certain...trip...for me to realize this observer method and wholeness we are. Watch our TRUE worldwide language that didnt need to be force taught. BODY LANGUAGE. I believe if we all shut up and observe we can tap into our psychic abilities. Thoughts are way too simple and our bodies give them away. Just observe. On that note Id like to leave you with this...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
today? "we must forgive the left hemisphere"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Didn't read you whole post or many of the replies, so sorry if it's been said already, but that voice is your subconcious mind..
If you work with it can be a powerful tool..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this recently:The mind is a crowd of thoughts. Each thought is trying to persuade the self into a behavior. If you sit silently and just listen to the thoughts without creating more argument, the thoughts will disperse. If you imagine a group of protesters yelling about something they are very angry about. If you just sit and listen to them, you will learn a lot about them and yourself. The temptation is to fight or stop the thoughts, but the problem is you are using thoughts to stop the thoughts. Using the police to break up a protest only heightens emotions (although necessary sometimes.) As long as you can separate yourself from your thoughts, there is no suffering.

From reading the previous posts, it sounds as if Leira wants to hurt, and I think we have all been there. It is ok to feel this way. The voice of the victim is crying out for help. Leira, what voice within you would be able to comfort the victim?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow.... that's deep. Great post, S&F
The professor mind and listener sounds like two laborers who have been drinking a little too much though..

<< 1   >>

join