It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Jesus Name in vain�

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I see how it can offend people...but then again, I'm one of those people that loves to talk about religion on a first encounter with a stranger, so I don't really ever think about offending people because if they are comfortable enough to talk about their spirituality with me then they are comfortable enough to tell me to shut up if I say "JESUS CHRIST!"

Then again, I say "Oh my Allah!" all the time , but nobody ever gets pissed. It goes to show that Islamic extremists really are more easy going than Christians!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I guess I just don't understand the big to-do about swearing.

We have homeless up the A-hole, soldiers getting decapitated and blown to bits and never coming home to their loved ones, working poor (who can't afford medical insurance, hide their pain until it becomes unbearable and have to go to the emergency rooms only to be charged a #in' (ooops..excuse ME) fortune for the privilege, etc etc etc.....

And we've actually got people who choose to get offended by a few cuss words. Where are your priorities folks ?????

It comes down to realizing what's worth getting heated about. Personally I think Jesus was one of the greatest men (perhaps the greatest) ever to walk this planet and considering the evils that men do, and all that's wrong with this world in general, I just can't SEE him getting all bunged up because some stray denizen happens to utter "Jesus H. Christ !!!!!!" when he/she stubs his toe.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by KayEm]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, I'm not Christian but I do not believe in taking the name of any religious entity in vain. All religion re scared, and with the exception of Satanism, I believe if followed as intended are positive structures to live by. I think it's distasteful and disrespectful.

<< 1   >>

join