It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why Julian Assange needs to be silenced...the moron

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Spot on with your list there,
it`d probably take a lifetime to finish it.
The OP`s the daftest rant i`ve seen in a long time.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

You seem to have a problem with Americans dont you, just look at your last few posts taking swipes at them. I know you come from the almighty kingdom of ovis aries, but lets not look down on other peoples nationalities. I am not American by the way. Can you try and make your point without American bashing?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The real issue here is whether the current batch of leaked documents serves anyone's interests but Assange's. Who benefits from knowing that someone at the State Department thinks Sarkozy is "an emperor with no clothes?" 70% of the French electorate agrees. Calling Medvedev "Robin" to Putin's "Batman" will probably inspire Vladimir to wear a Batman T-Shirt for a photo op. As for Berlusconi, he got let off easy... I would have expected the word "lecherous" to come up. How does this information help you make a wise decision on election day? It doesn't. It just makes American diplomats look bad.

On the other hand, there is the revelation that the US spies at the UN:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebeaa7a54009.jpg[/atsimg]
I am shocked, shocked to find out that there is spying going on at the United Nations. I suppose that Iran might find that welcome, but, wait:

Ahmadinejad blames U.S. 'mischief' for WikiLeaks dump and insists Arab nations are Iran's friends

D aily Mail

All wikileaks has done this time is create buzz for itself without serving any greater purpose. I disagree with the OP in that Assange doesn't need to be stopped. He simply needs to be ignored until he goes away or finds something useful to reveal.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
reply to post by jontap

I am the recipient of it and so are you. Open your eyes, cast away your ignorance and look around you. Your quality of life, the things you take for granted, the liberties you have are a product of this system that you so viciously hate. Your a hypocrite of the worse sort.

I have no idea what you just wrote, and how it relates to what I posted, let alone where you get the deluded idea from that I "viciously hate a system and take my liberties for granted".???

I would love to debate you if you could make a well constructed, fact based argument, which you clearly can't.
And yet you're the one calling me a "hypocrite"... go figure
I could call you al ot now, but i'll refrain from that, all it common sense (you should try it sometimes)

Let's just close this thread guys, Pryde8 has figured it all out: official Wikileaks is Evil!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000

reply to post by XyZeR

It seems it is only Americans who do not like what Assanage is doing. And i know why that is, corruption, lies, Torture and murder. Just dont say it too loud, the americans dont like the TRUTH.
edit on 30-11-2010 by blaenau2000 because: (no reason given)

You should phrase it as the American government doesn't like the truth to be told to you or anyone else.

We were placed on a need to know basis a long time ago. Wikileaks is trying to throw a monkey wrench into that paradigm. The fact that this is now 'national news', should be proof enough that there is an agenda. I think there's more to it than just damage control.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by mobiusmale

You're fundamentally wrong because Assange isn't saying anything.

All the reports are sent to him by US government and Western intelligence agencies.

Do you government will use any means necessary to spread its dis-info propaganda, all part of war strategy. Just like the stolen laptops

Really? you werent saying that when you were using his wikki leaks "government disinfo propaganda info" ,about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, just months ago to try and pass off justification for your terrorist sympathizing points of view.

Or was that only because the "propaganda" served your purpose..........?
edit on 30-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Your criticism of my post is just a weak kneejerk reaction to something you disagree with. You said my comparison of wikileaks to a snitching friend is wrong and then go on to say almost exactly the same thing later on. There is nothing wrong with anything in the wikileaks documents, it was just supposed to stay hidden from people like you, who overreact and dont understand a very common thing in diplomacy. Did you expect the whole world to be one big happy family who only ever say good things about one another? Did you expect every single statement ever made by a diplomat to be email to all the world leaders and the press so nosey people can read it too. Tell me you dont have any secrets yourself? If you do, your a hypocrite and dont have a leg to stand on. People arent perfect and a country is just a collection of people, if the ingredients arent perfect then dont be surprised that the product isnt neither. The government is demonised by ignorant people who fail to see the benefits they bring to the people. They reap the fruit of the governments work and then spit out the pips in their face.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wikileaks need more support. They need themedia to get off their backs, as the spineless media are only sore because wikileaks is doing the job that they are supposed to be doing. Or are people happy to live in ignorant bliss, when it comes to the wrong doings of our wonderful leaders? I know I'd much rather know what they're up to, rather than have them cavort around doing what ever the hell they like. Those days are thankfully soon to be over, and those who have done wrong, will be made to face the consiquences of their actions.

Or is that wrong, to want those in power to behave responsibly? What kind of a world do some of you want to live in for christ sakes?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I find it interesting to read these "anti-leaks" kind of threads.

Being member on ATS isn't a way to discuss leaked information?!?
For every topic of any kind on this board, we need "hidden" information to make sure
having both side of medal.

So OP when you call "moron" a professional leaker at the beginning of your thread i say nonsense.
And why are you on ATS if you fear the truth?

Are we here to deny ignorance?!
Because a couple of days ago we (ordinary peoples) were in the ignorance regarding this information.

Now we have something to discuss on ...
This is why i'm here.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

More hot air coming from you again. Its not my fault you dont understand and its not my duty to teach you or point things out. For your information, I was talking about the life you enjoy, your standard of living, the society that allowed you sit in front of your pc in a warm room and ignorantly shout at people on the internet. All that is a result of the system in place (the government), the glue that holds society together and stops it from falling apart. This is what you are criticising, because it CANNOT function without some degree of secrecy. Secrecy stops the whole system from being hijacked by external influences (other governments etc). Its in your best interests.

Im done with you.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

reply to post by blaenau2000

You seem to have a problem with Americans dont you, just look at your last few posts taking swipes at them. I know you come from the almighty kingdom of ovis aries, but lets not look down on other peoples nationalities. I am not American by the way. Can you try and make your point without American bashing?

I thought I had made my point, America is getting a lot of criticism due to them being the chief culprits with their dirty fingers in too many pies, now the public sees whats happening, the government dont like it. I should make a point here its the government that are guilty and I dont dislike the American public. Although a lot of American people dont see through the government and will back up America till their death bed, personally I would not fight for my country as i believe in humanity and freedom much more, and yes UK is bad too.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How would you feel? I know I would be pretty pissed off too. Let's say this, You have extreme anger problems and you a best friend a new bf/gf. (They both know you have extreme anger problems) Eventually you and your bf/gf get married, but you find some loads of truth that over the years that your best friend been sleeping with your bf/gf ALL the time and you never knew until you got married. How would you feel? You probably lose your mind, kill both of them and a few others.

This is they're fault. They know this man is mentally unstable, and it's wrong for him to know? He is only human at the end of the day. People will die? Put blame where it is due.

Not really sticking up for him, but I'm pointing out that anybody in his shoes would feel hurt, and if he does go ballistic, then I would understand, not agree, but understand.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by jontap

I am the recipient of it and so are you. Open your eyes, cast away your ignorance and look around you. Your quality of life, the things you take for granted, the liberties you have are a product of this system that you so viciously hate. Your a hypocrite of the worse sort.

Interesting spew of foolishness there, so please enlighten everyone here as to how anyone who wishes to see evil exposed is a hypocrite??

Please do reveal this.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jontap

I wont lower myself to your level of quick draw insults.

If you dont understand it reread it or educate yourself. Its not hard to understand the point I was making. For the third time now, you live a priveledged life, which has been made possible by a sound management of your country. By the government. The same government you apparently hate. But youre more than happy to reap the rewards from it. A country needs secrecy to protect itself economically, militarily and diplomatically. If it does this correctly and manages itself while fending off the various external threats, then standard of living can rise too. You benefit from this standard of living. You benefit from the secrecy you are trying to abolish. As I said at the start, you dont play poker with an open hand. If you do, you lose.

These wikileaks are not ground breaking, they have not revealed some huge conspiracy. They dont have any meaning other than to stir things up and gain attention. They have just caused problems for the people trying to keep your country safe and the standard of living high. Why dont you tell me what good can come of them? What has been gloriously revealed that is all important to you here?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Has anyone here reveling in how these documents "reveal evil" actually read the communiques? It's not as though they suggest that the CIA is importing Afghan opium into Iran or something. The most interesting ones suggest that the US is resisting pressure from Arab leaders to bomb Iran, and that back channels have assured the US that China expects North Korea to collapse within three years of Kim Jung Il's death and that they don't intend to prevent re-unification under the ROK. Where is the evil in that? On the other hand, I'm sure the Arab leaders and Chinese government aren't too happy about their unofficial policies being made public. How exactly is Assange helping things here? (Oh, the cables from Astana are pretty amusing... search Tags: KZ!)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Deleted: double post.
edit on 30-11-2010 by DJW001 because: Double post.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That kind of statement is EXACTLY why we're in this mess in the first place. Hillary orders people to spy on UN officials and collect DNA in violation of international law and her response is to call for the arrest of the whistleblower. You don't have a problem with that?
Not one single person disputes the FACTS in these reports, they are all true and very disturbing. They just want to shut them down in the interest of national security, or more accurately their own security.
The party's over. Judgement day looms long and dark for these corrupt and evil men, why anyone would support or protect them is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Personally, when we (Americans) have to get the most honest news from 1) a comedian(s) (John Stewart/Stephen Colbert) and 2) an australian website, then you have to wonder where this whole "freedom of the press" thing sort of derailed, don't you? Who cares what people think of the German foreign minister?? Who cares that Medvedev and Putin are Robin and Batman? Seriously, we have such bigger issues than this leak that I am appalled that people are getting this worked up over it.

IMO, keep doing what you are doing Assange and only stop when there is no further info left

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I really wonder if this wikileaks stuff is nothing more than a distraction.

Bla Bla.

They may do a mock prosecution,and bring him into the fold.

They may start a war to distract us further.

It all may be just another layer of distraction.
edit on 30-11-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So you support a closed society where the actions of the government are all secret? Sounds like you would like North Korea.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join