It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Denies Garry Mckinnon Plea from ex British Pm Gordon Brown.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Some more information being revealed about British hacker Gary Mckinnon coming from wikileaks.

It seems British prime minister Gordon Brown's efforts to get Gary to serve his sentence in the UK were spurned by the Obama administration.

Leaked US embassy cables reveal that Gordon Brown unsuccessfully put his reputation as prime minister on the line in a plea to Washington that the computer hacker Gary McKinnon be allowed to serve any sentence in the UK.

Brown's face-to-face attempt to strike a deal with the US ambassador was spurned by the Obama administration, in a humiliating diplomatic rebuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not sure how much I can add, but it sounds about right that Gordo got a rebuff from the Obama administration...

BTW, thanks I missed this one
(which I suspect I will be saying frequently in the coming weeks)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks for posting this. Last l heard lt was Nick Cleg, the then leader of the Lib Dems that was trying to keep Gary in the UK. Gary was only trying to find out about UFOs. He was not even a professional hacker, just your average computer Geek. The people that should be brought to book for this so called crime is the US government for not having proper secure systems. As we can see by the recent leaks its obviously not a priority for them. Shame on you America. Blame everyone but yourselves for your incompetence. How long will it be before some teenage wizz kid hacks into your inadequate security systems and causes a catastrophic event to happen? On second thoughts no need to answer that is there? He will be called a terrorist, locked away for life and of course you will be blameless. l remember a time the world looked at the united states and loved and respected them and all they stood for, maybe, just maybe, that time will come again. unfortunately, l wont hold my breath.

join