It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please can we have the ignore button back pretty please?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
All I ask is for the ignore button to be brought back as I have no wish or desire to converse with anyone that cannot string a sentence together and instead go off topic in a rather childish manner. Please I implore you, give us the ignore button.

Please, please...

Please...

It would stop so much stupid-is is stupid-does flamebaiting around here.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sorry to bump an older thread but you can blame the member above me.

I continue to have mixed reactions to this issue and am especially sensitive to the complexities required by site owners/coders after recent site redo but I have an idea I thought I'd share. (Yes it does happen on occasion)

As opposed to a global member ignore function which would require reworking profile page with ignore list and un-ignore function, I propose a minor tweak to existing site functionality which seems, in theory, fairly easy to achieve. Right now on the drop down menu actuated by red triangle on each members avatar, there is an option to "View Posts in Thread" I propose the exact opposite. A "Hide Posts in Thread" option. Seems like from a coding perspective a rather basic tweak.

This seems to satisfy many of the pro / con opinions cited thus far. It would address the ability to see a members posts in other threads and require some involvement on the part of a member to actuate this function. The function would reset once a member leaves the thread similar to the "View Posts in Thread" feature does now. Above all it is an option. Feel free to 'ignore' this idea.

I've been on many ignore lists in the past but do strive to embrace opposing views and rely on mod intervention to enforce T&C but that doesn't always address troll patrol. Or as some think, "everyone is entitled to my opinion" posts.
My .02ยข

edit on 2-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I agree.

I have been on a few threads recently - this one comes to mind www.abovetopsecret.com... - and wish I could put some people on ignore so I could keep to the point. It basically means I get so fed up reading that I never go back to the thread.

There's also people who use every opportunity to use another's thread to push their own.

People do go off topic and sometimes it's really interesting, so the mod solution doesnt work.

The ignore button does. Bring it back.

Might be against the purist idea of 'deny ignorance' (easy get out statement), but ignorance does exist and I'd like the choice of ignoring a poster who is clearly caught up in a personal contretemps with another poster. Helps me focus on the helpful posts.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm tired of the trolling. Please bring this back. It makes no sense to take out the ignore button with the increase in traffic and the young opinionated minds that come with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join