It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks reveals plans for North Korean collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
\Yahoo! News

BEIJING – Leaked U.S. diplomatic cables show China's frustration with communist ally North Korea and speculate Beijing would accept a future Korean peninsula unified under South Korean rule, according to the documents released by whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks. The memos indicate the major importance American and South Korean diplomats place on China's attitude toward the future survival of the isolated and impoverished hard-line communist regime in Pyongyang.

Well I think this shows that China isn't the hard-ass that we sometimes make them out to be. If this leak is true, it seems as if they are angry at what is going on in Korea and are willing to accept a resolution that could lead to peace. Maybe world leaders are finally starting to grow up, and Jullian Assange was the catalyst.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Maybe I'm being naive , but this seems like a positive thing. Especially with tensions so high in the area at the moment. To think we had some on ATS live advocating taking on the Chinese over the N Korean situation, seems we wont need to now.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
you know to be honest, I really dont know what to believe about this whole thing. Could it be real? maybe. could it be a master plan by the elites to further verious agendas? I dont know. I'm very untrusting of the events going on in the world right now..if this can be taken at face value, I suppose it could be positive.

But what if NK wont have any of it? can you see them just giving up rule to the leaders of south korea?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yes a good thing and no it does not reveal 'plans for a North Korean collapse' for heavens sake. Your heading OP suggests that something is to be artificially engineered. There is no suggestion of that.
Are you a tabloid journalist? Cos that's the sort of trick we expect from them

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

I wouldn't expect any revelations from China. They are hard enough and they know that leak is just propaganda. I think Nth Korea is their guard dog. They will reign it in. There is a cost and they misfired. I just hope they can use their time wisely and show the West what good they are capable of, and I don't think that's a rare chance.

There is a lot of good in that country and people can be confused about America because it takes credit for the whole bag of tricks - good and bad, and that's never correct.

Wiki leaks is a game being played out by hopeful sorts on a long leash. They started out with a mission, giving us some insight into geopolitical matters, but the content is derided by misinformation which now is a work of propaganda and China knows.

I don't think China cares to destroy America. You have to be American to think that, whilst they improve their grounding, they know how far they are behind. They'd like you to be there when they're victorious in a real, tangible way, but they know how unlikely that will be.

They'll overrun your / our Western decadence and make you want to follow them. WWIII happened. It's over for now. Better minds were too afraid of the obvious outcome and none of that's leaked.

.. So now we battle with empty minds hoping for material gains. The hold fast won't last long. The better team will win and right now America / Europe etc is winning.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Im amazed how quickly many in ATS fell for this .... Wikileaks is all just load of BS .... .... wasn't it suppose to expose the corruption in USA government??? .... and all it is doing is feeding the notions like Iran is a nuclear threat, Al qaeda is spreading, ISI is playing double game, Osama Bin Laden is in Pakistan, China is tired of North Korea, Arab world is pushing USA to attack Iran ......

Which is the only country benefiting from all this???

Outcome of wikileaks positive for Israel. Netanyahu

Wikileaks is just another platform for psychological propaganda ....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Yes a good thing and no it does not reveal 'plans for a North Korean collapse' for heavens sake. Your heading OP suggests that something is to be artificially engineered. There is no suggestion of that.
Are you a tabloid journalist? Cos that's the sort of trick we expect from them

The title of the thread is the exact same title of the article.
I didn't make it up.

Edit: Haha... It looks now as if Yahoo changed the article title to: "Leaks: China knows less about NKorea than thought". I guess people complained to them, too.
edit on 11/30/2010 by pjslug because: change

2nd edit: It looks as if Yahoo has re-written the article, too. Those sleazy SOBs.
edit on 11/30/2010 by pjslug because: edit

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

Oh China knows North Korea won't have any of it. By saying this they are essentially saying we won't aid North Korea in this fight. Maybe even the opposite. I mean it doesn't seem likely they would fight against NK, but it's even less likely they would take the chance of North Korea surviving a war and still be at their border now resenting China for betraying their alliance.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonelygenius

Well anyone with common sense knows this is just government intelligence. It doesn't have to be the truth.
Anyone who would say that would be forgetting the golden rule WMD's in Iraq from government intelligence.
WL is just showing what the government classified, not saying it's fact.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonelygenius

I have never bothered to read Wiki leaks, never downloaded any of the documents or anything. I have a hard time even reading this site for all the tripe and hysteria, but at the same time, there are very interesting people who genuinely post very interesting theories and discovers.

ATS makes information gathering all the more easy
Nothing like thousands of people doing the research and providing links for things that match ones interests.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think this is totally fake thing, China is not so silly to hand over N.K. to the hand of S.K. and America, they know this will be very dangerous and is a big threat for their border security...
edit on 2-12-2010 by Lafaso870 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wake up people Lil Kim getting very twitchy right about now he will feel betrayed by the "inferior chinese" remember North Korea was the OnlyCountry who did Not stop building. Everything they had went into the day that they might think that is here now,, betrayal by china.
And the reason u can't see any lights at night aint because there poor,, geez remember Vietnam at least.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just in

North_Korea_deploys_new_rockets

bigpondnews.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That is probably disinfo deliberately leaked by the US to try to drive a wedge between China and North Korea to further isolate them.
While the North Koreans may be paranoid sometimes, they have a right to, Western style democracies are the main vehicle through which the globalists form the NWO from, and they are threatened daily with being forced into one with South Korea.
If they were taken over by South Korea they would be dominated by international bankers and their manipulated currency, all their property would be bought up by the South Koreans at rock bottom prices leaving the average North Koreans no better off then they are now, and the NWO would be one step closer in consolidating the world.

edit on 12/12/2010 by Unilluminist because: typo

top topics

join