It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does your Avatar Represent?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
BATMAN!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Self portrait of Jean Giraud aka Moebius, my favouritte cartoon creator

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Mine should be self-explanatory.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
long hard work and patience when trying to capture a photograph of lightning. mixed with some lettering to say its me.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My Avatar is Roy Batty from Bladerenner.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Mine represents both the idea of our chasing our own tails and also "eternal return" or eternal recurrence. In addition, the tesseract reminds me that we can't see the big picture from within the constraints of our limited dimensionality. My previous avatar (see below) did the same, less the tesseract theme.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d76e08d3fe5.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11/30/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: old avatar pic

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's not about what I think it means.

It's about what you think it means.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Pretty basic. It embodies, well, me. Wolverine is Canadian, tough but he cares.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My avatar represents who I want to be when I grow up.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I chose Jimi Hendrix for my Avatar.
Simply because to me he represented freedom. He didn't care if he had a joint on stage knowing it was illegal.
He just got up on stage, and did what he enjoyed doing the most without caring if it was against the rules.
He was free.

I also love his songs and he has hair like me

Cheers
Brady

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

my avatar represents the love of music

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I would like to add a quesiton to this thread. Does your Avatar set the tone of what your comments maybe? Should someone getting ready to read your post take something out of your Avatar. (I.E if you were going to have a political conversation with someone and that person had a hat on with the Confederate US (Rebel) flag on it, you might assume their point of view on politics)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My avatar represents my nocturnal nature. I have a deep connection to moonlight and the night in general. I feel the moon and moonlight represents a philosophical metaphor of how light from a peaceful object can break through the darkness of the night.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My avatar is to remind me that even though I feel very trapped (wheelchair bound, small backyard) most of the time that beauty can be found. I took my avatars photo looking to the heavens with a star trail photo which reminds me everyday to look for something beautiful or astonishing.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Obey!

second line...unless you are told its the first, then it will be the first.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Fun question Solar! The reasons we pick [or don't pick] our avatars seem to go from philosophical to down right comical. My avatar looks like my cat Roswell mixed with my favorite elder god from H.P. Lovecrafts stories, so we have Cathulhu or Kittythulhu the cutest thing that should not be! The fact he wants souls instead of cheeseburgers greatly amuses my simple mind

Will obey the great hypno-toad

edit on 30-11-2010 by hangedman13 because: following instructions from hypno-toad

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
im a boring person so my avatar represents just myself :S

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My Avatar represents the historical repetition that comes with the wealthy/corrupt who try and shape humanity to serve their needs and pockets, and the inevitable repercussions that will come with such reckless action.

In short: Payback's a B!tch, Kissinger.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Represents a mean, sadistic, narcissistic, evil, fun hating, callus, despicable, back woods, SOB

Just me

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I like to think that my avatar represents my enjoyment of learning, thinking, and dreaming; simply being the woman I want to be.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join