It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does your Avatar Represent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My Avatar? Hum, very simple, like me.

1. I am British.
2. I am an ex-serviceman.
3. I am a Mason.
4. I practice archery as one of my survival skills.
5. I am a bloke.
6. I am here to help, where ever I am able to.

Peace to you all.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Mine represents the Anunnaki:
TREE OF LIFE
The symbol for the source of everlasting life!

WINGED DISK
In the ancient Near East and Egypt the Winged Disk
emblem was the symbol of Nibiru.

NIBIRU
“Planet of the Crossing”, the invading planet that joined
our solar system to bring the seeds of life (DNA) with it.

ANUNNAKI
“Those who from Heaven to Earth Came”.
The Sumerian name for the "gods" -- here depicted as "Eagle men" astronauts -- who came from Nibiru to Earth in search of gold.

ENUMA ELISH
(When in the High Above), the title of the Akkadian/Babylonian version of the ‘Epic of Creation’ which derives from the
millennia-old Sumerian story describing in detail, how our Solar System was formed and how it was changed by the invader planet, Nibiru.

AN
The head of the family of Gods of Heaven & Earth -- ‘ANU’ in
the Babylonian/Assyrian texts. The Great Father of the Gods, His realm was the expanse of the heavens with his symbol being a star. He was the ruler on Nibiru when its astronauts came to Earth.

THE 12 GODS
Surrounding the Tree of Life are names of the 12 gods heading
the Sumerian pantheon, starting with ANU and his rank of 60 .

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Partly because my favorite part of Jurassic Park was the Raptors, partly because I do like pondering all manner of things no matter how far-out they seem.

Mostly it's because the whole reptilian thing and stories I've heard about them amuses me to no end.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
my avatar represents man in all his alieness to a world, a universe he cannot come to grips with.
edit on 30-11-2010 by aliengenes because: bloop

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My avatar is a constant reminder that balance is key in all things. Every lesson that I have come across has pointed to this statement. The little stick figure is an artistic representation of my initials and reminds me to strive for balance in all that I do. The lines on top is a phoenix, which represents my son, who is the light of my life although he is a little hot headed most of the time.
edit on 11/30/2010 by Skada because: Added stuff about the phoenix.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
my frog is wiping his rear with "_______________" insert here

depends on the thread could be a rediculous thread, could be a bill up to be passed or whatever youd like to insert here.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Mine is a painting that hangs in the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
It's 'head of a girl' by Maris. I love it. It's so etherial.
Philly Museum of Art Link

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

My avatar is the god 'Atlas" turning his back on the world he was doomed to carry for eternity.

I thought it looked cool.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Mine represents the incompetence of my computer skills .

I've got a pic ready but can I get it upload. No!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Great thread Sol!

As a generally optimistic pessimist (the duality in my own mind), I decided on my avatar for a few different reasons. The explanation first:

The nuclear explosion in the background represents what happens when the truth is released. It represents a paradigm shift of sorts, because when one has a paradigm shift, it tends to be earth-shattering, much like a nuclear explosion. The man in black in the foreground represents the terror people face when going under a paradigm shift. This explanation is one side of my dualistic mind. The other interpretation is that the man in black represents those in control of our daily lives. Call them TPTB, Illuminati, Reptilians, whatever. It doesn't matter. The explosion in the background represents the wake of destruction that these individuals leave for those of us who see through the lies. Much in the same fashion as having a paradigm shift, seeing the truth through the lies of TPTB can be very devastating.

My personal saying "The truth is better left unseen..." holds a few different meanings with me. In one respect, I almost wish that I could go back and un-see what I have seen. I almost wonder if I would be better off if I didn't have the knowledge that I do, and the views that I hold. The better part of me says different. The other meaning is that for some people, the truth (like I said before) is an earth-shattering event, and sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Overall, my avatar represents the duality of my own mind, and how I am able to remain "in the gray area" of thought while being able to see both sides of the equation as it were.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
My Avatar represents the Fascistic oppression of all the world's inhabitants by the evil pesky Elite & vile Banksters.

And it serves as a grim reminder to them that ONE DAY WE WILL BE IN CHARGE! Muahahaha!

Viva la Revolucion!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My Avatar is the U.V.O. (Unidentified Vapping Object). It`s a E-cigarette mod I made out of a 1970`s High Flyer half of a Yo-Yo. Before I knew that it was a half a yo-yo.

If I find a cool lightning picture someday I may change it due to being on the receiving end of a nice shocker a couple years back.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow lots of good post here, I believe true art conveys meaning. Abstract art with no meaning seems to me an attempt to remove wisdom from art.
The many fans of The Matrix out there will know my avatar represents the choice to see the truth rather than the illusion all around us. Another great contributor to ATS is DimensionalDetective and he coincidentally uses the same avatar. I think he registered before me so he most likely had it first.
The Matrix has many deep references to gnosticism, and the ancient mysteries. It portrays an artificial world created to occupy the minds of humans while they were being used for their energy. I find it ironic that the new age of computers gives us a new metaphor with which to describe our world. If a civilization a million years in advance of our own could create an artificial reality as real as what we experience, would someone on the inside be able to prove its existence? All of our laws of physics right down to the behavior of subatomic particles could be complex programs running on some type of processor far beyond what we have access to. Rumors of 'Heaven' might be the real dimension from which we came. Or maybe, just as we are creating artificial reality now, so also the artificial reality we live in could come from a higher level of artificial reality. The unlimited power of God could be easier to understand if you consider that this being or more likely group of beings are the programmers who created this dimension and it could have been done in seven days complete with ancient bones of dinosaurs and lost civilizations to make it interesting. If this word were designed specifically to be devoid of any proof of it's true nature there would be little chance of people discovering or believing the truth. Maybe where we are really from, this is considered entertainment.
A few thing could be explained by this theory:
Quantum entanglement and non locality.
Infinite parallel universes; the multiverse theory
The very existence of all mass and energy. The big bang theory does not tell us from where or how the mass/energy came into existence.
The persistent beliefs among all cultures of survival after death of the body.
Answered prayers; what if you had an operator/guardian angel that could give you what you asked for and ignore the requests that did not fit with your current program.
Reincarnation could be just that, they same spirit/program being inserted into another newborn body after the death of another.

I thought the The Matrix hinted at this when it depicted computer programs developing human-like characteristics. Many people may feel that calling their soul a mere program would devalue what they are but what is a program but organized information. The emotions we feel could be clouds or fields of information that contain more data then we currently have a measure for. There have been a number of movies in the past decades that suggest robots or programs can develop sentient awareness.
Here is a little challenge for you: Think of one thing that can not be explained be this digital virtual reality theory.
It comes down to this question, could you be fooled by an intelligence vastly more intelligent than you?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Mine means the same thing it did in 1863.
Someone is coming to take our, your, my, freedoms
and they are closer to home then you might think.
Stand and Deliver.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
Mine represents the incompetence of my computer skills .

I've got a pic ready but can I get it upload. No!

..Don't feel too bad Jono...Mine is supposed to be a castle, but since I don't have a clue what I am doing, the clouds are the only thing you can see...
Hopefully one day I will get a chance to put up a better one...Good thread btw...Interesting read.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My avatar is a major hint to my dog of what I wish he would do. I'll have to change it soon, as he doesn't seem to be catching on. It also goes with the Jerry Seinfeld quote in my signature that basically says if you were an alien looking down on us and saw one species pooping and another species walking behind and picking it up, which species would you assume to be the superior one? 'Just sayin'

Thank you, OP, for this great thread. I've wondered about the origins of some of the avatars, and it's wonderful to get the rest of the story.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My Avatar

universe = because its beutiful and we and everybody else is in it

Smiley face and hearts = because we should all love each other and smile to the universe
edit on 30-11-2010 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My avatar is not only because of my love of windsurfing ( which due to work and family commitments I don't do as much as I used to) but the absolutely euphoric feeling of blasting free across an ocean with the daily grind of work mobile phones etc left on the shore behind me. My only thoughts are the next few meters of water ahead and trimming the rig for optimum efficiency, utter bliss. Edit to add Tarifa is a fantastic windsurfing hot spot in the south of Spain I had a wonderful windsurfing holiday there a few years ago.
The best ( Old Skool) blasting video ever recorded with the king of windsurfing Robbie Naish.

And windsurfing mecca Tarifa

edit on 30-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
1. Disregard for authority
2. Colorful, like me
3. I photographed this pimp in Barcelona so I thought it'd be a fun avatar.
4. Independence

And, I suppose I might as well add what my name means, since it is part of the avatar concept:

5. Pirhanna = Piranha = aggressive and opportunistic fish
6. Pirhanna = Prana = Vril = Cosmic Energy
edit on 30-11-2010 by pirhanna because: added

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My avatar is a picture I took of Slayer69 last month at our yearly convention - How to get chicks without using roofies....

He sure is growing fast...and I don't think he really understands the significance of the number 69 - so I just play it off.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join