It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachings from 'out there' - and what humans are like

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Actually the basic precept of these "codes" are to allow the human consciousness the ability to stop acting reflexively...

It's now "out there" at all... its simply "self training".

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
If anyone can prove to me that these teachings did not come from 'out there', please let me know.

I am quoting a what Jesus was purported to have said. And although I say Jesus, there could be other names.

Love your enemy - humans hate their enemy.

Turn the other cheek - humans get back at them

Help others - some humans do, but not enough

Do not commit adultery - (!)

Don't covet, don't envy, don't be jealous - WHAT?

Praise the Creator - some do.

Don't lie - WHAT?

If someone takes your coat, give him your cloak - ENOUGH!

So obviously these laws have originated from somewhere out of this world - some entity originated them, otherwise they would not even be in this world because humans have no natural concept of most of these laws.

The entity which originated these laws wishes good for mankind - I call this entity Jesus, but this entity may have many other names - we do not know.

Also, I think that we have to thank whoever created these instructions - otherwise we would be even more horrible than we are.

Very well said. Those of you who know me know what I think about the man named by humanity "Jesus," but, that being said, these are good rules to live by.
I am a long time Wiccan/Pagan, and do not necessarily follow the 10 thou shalt nots but I do follow the Golden Rule.
The Universality of the Golden Rule in the World Religions

Christianity
All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye so to them; for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:1

Confucianism
Do not do to others what you would not like yourself. Then there will be no resentment against you, either in the family or in the state. Analects 12:2

Buddhism
Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful. Udana-Varga 5,1

Hinduism
This is the sum of duty; do naught onto others what you would not have them do unto you. Mahabharata 5,1517

Islam
No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself. Sunnah

Judaism
What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellowman. This is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary. Talmud, Shabbat 3id

Taoism
Regard your neighbor’s gain as your gain, and your neighbor’s loss as your own loss. Tai Shang Kan Yin P’ien

Zoroastrianism
That nature alone is good which refrains from doing another whatsoever is not good for itself. Dadisten-I-dinik, 94,5

We Wiccans also have a rule:

"Ever mind the Rule of Three, What you Send comes back to Thee."

This old world would really be a utopia if we all followed the at least some of the wise words uttered by people long before we came along. Actually, we would be lots better if we just listened to our own inner selves, and our Soul Mates, those who are borne as we, only not at the same time, those who advise, and give wise council when it is needed. We are taught not to listen to the inner voice, they say this is akin to mental illness. It is actually your Higher Self, and we all need to listen to it. It will not appear, or talk so you hear it in your ear. No, it talks inside your head, in a silent manner that only you can hear, but only if you listen.

No, I cannot dispute that these words of wisdom came from "out there." Where they came from in not as important as understanding what they mean.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I love this, it is exactly what I learned while researching different religions. And it's beautiful that so many different faiths, have this one thing in common ... now if only we could all live by it. Unfortunately in just about all religions, people follow only the parts that they want and ignore the rest.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Fenix777 because: stupid font thing didn't work, just said font change grrrr

<< 1   >>

join