It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachings from 'out there' - and what humans are like

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If anyone can prove to me that these teachings did not come from 'out there', please let me know.

I am quoting a what Jesus was purported to have said. And although I say Jesus, there could be other names.

Love your enemy - humans hate their enemy.

Turn the other cheek - humans get back at them

Help others - some humans do, but not enough

Do not commit adultery - (!)

Don't covet, don't envy, don't be jealous - WHAT?

Praise the Creator - some do.

Don't lie - WHAT?

If someone takes your coat, give him your cloak - ENOUGH!

So obviously these laws have originated from somewhere out of this world - some entity originated them, otherwise they would not even be in this world because humans have no natural concept of most of these laws.

The entity which originated these laws wishes good for mankind - I call this entity Jesus, but this entity may have many other names - we do not know.

Also, I think that we have to thank whoever created these instructions - otherwise we would be even more horrible than we are.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hey guy, or gal.
This is opinion.
For all you know, your answers to those things, are opposite of me.
Unless of course you're a revenge seeking backstabbing neighbors wifesleeping stealer,
Than it's just a seperate case and i'm sorry you're having a hard time dealing with it

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Laws where made on this world. It originated here, made by man for man.

Your logic is a bit flawed. Humans choose to ignore laws. We are the cause of our own downfall.

VvV

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
If anyone can prove to me that these teachings did not come from 'out there', please let me know.

I am quoting a what Jesus was purported to have said. And although I say Jesus, there could be other names.

Love your enemy - humans hate their enemy.

Turn the other cheek - humans get back at them

Help others - some humans do, but not enough

Do not commit adultery - (!)

Don't covet, don't envy, don't be jealous - WHAT?

Praise the Creator - some do.

Don't lie - WHAT?

If someone takes your coat, give him your cloak - ENOUGH!

So obviously these laws have originated from somewhere out of this world - some entity originated them, otherwise they would not even be in this world because humans have no natural concept of most of these laws.

The entity which originated these laws wishes good for mankind - I call this entity Jesus, but this entity may have many other names - we do not know.

Also, I think that we have to thank whoever created these instructions - otherwise we would be even more horrible than we are.

This is a teaching but not applied. Everyone should live by a code of conduct towards one anther but it is not truly taught. This is the fault of many, but discussed by few.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

No,

It is proof that this advice was not sent by anyone on earth.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hi V,

My logic is right.

Yours is flawed.

No human made these suggestions - we don't have the capability.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

No,

IMHO it was advice from people "from" earth. there is no way that this was to be conveyed by other beings, these laws apply to people that reside here.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

No,

How is this proof that it was not sent by anyone on earth!!!!?????

These are human made rules, for humans.

I cannot understand where you are coming from with this reasoning or question?

vVv

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Ok,

The point of my post was to prove that no human could have advised all those things because they are against human nature.

Everyone has missed my point.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Ok,

The point of my post was to prove that no human could have advised all those things because they are against human nature.

Nope. I think I "read" it right. I think that maybe you conveyed your message wrong.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Ok,

I read your post, and did not get this point. Maybe you formulated the post wrong.

And you do not need to prove that humans go against human nature, it happens everyday. Rules are made to control us, yet people break rules because they choose too. Not necesarrily human nature, but a conscious choice to do so.
Not all humans are evil or bad. Not all humans go against human nature. It is a very wide concept.

VvV

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Hi No Regrets,

I did the out of world thing versus the human thing on every point.

So who cares if no-one believes it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Hi No Regrets,

I did the out of world thing versus the human thing on every point.

So who cares if no-one believes it.

What we do, and what we follow, have different consequences. We can show love, not commit atrocities towards one another, but it does depend on the individual. We cannot take the action of another as personal. Our lives are meant for "us" and no one else.

Our compassion, and understanding is a gift, not to be taken for granted.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

While I am a worshipper of the Glorious Intergalactic Space Seagull that will one day bring his vengeance upon Earth, I have to say, that those commandments go unheeded. While Jesus was probably a great man, the world he envisioned was merely a dream. This world can never attain a reality such as that, as it is embedded into our very genes to be against it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The rules of the "commandments" are the rules of "pacifist". We know of what we do, but we know of no consequence. Our lives are rules with "no rules". We have a person/thing/demon/angel/?? to blame, take that out our of the equation and you have nothing but yourself to blame.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

OK,

These rules are not within basic human nature. If you read my post you would see they are not what is in human nature.

Some entity sent them here.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Here is something that you didn't mention, but by all means explain how a "non-human: would use this as a commandment.

Do not covet thy neighbors wife.

Is this something that you think a god would ask?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Hey,

I was contrasting the laws against humans.

Go back and read.

I am only interested in talking to people who truly know where I am coming from.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Do not covet thy neighbors wife.

Is this something that you think a god would ask?

Technically, all of the Ten Commandments fit into Christ's two -- Love God, Love everyone else. By obeying the two, you can't violate the ten (or a fair amount of Torah, for that matter.)

A God who is concerned with how we treat each other would, of course, admonish people not to covet anything of anyone else, whether wife, house, car or any number of other things. Desiring something that doesn't belong to you obviously opens the door to a great deal of abhorrent behaviour.

To the OP, the teachings of Christ definitely represent behaviour that is rather contrary to how we, in our "fallen" state, act, but they represent an ideal, they way that we truly should act and, if we did, the world would be a much better place. However, in actual practice (as someone who tries to live by these teachings such as myself can testify,) it is impossibly difficult to manage on our own, which drives us to God if we really want to act in this fashion.

In other words, like Judaic Law, Christ's teachings certainly can come from a human perspective, but it seems like the empowerment of actually living in strict adherence to them must come from somewhere else.
edit on 30-11-2010 by adjensen because: clarification

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I disagree. Hear me out. When a baby is born, all it needs is love, all it gives is complete and total trust an love. the way a baby looks at you, there are no hidden motives, small toddlers don't lie, there is no jealousy, there is no hate or anger or any of the other things mentioned, they are completely innocent of they ways of grown people.

We are not born to be against those laws, we are born completely in sync with those laws. We learn to lie and cheat, we learn jealousy, we learn anger. Those are the things that go against our nature, not the laws. It is completely up to us what we do with our choices. We can love and let love, or we can go with all the other bad stuff. Jesus said we should pray like the little children, for a reason, we should have faith, like the little children, not be childish, have faith and love and pray like the little children, because they are completely unpretentious. We are born that way, we should embrace it and be that way.

My daughter loves bugs, every time she brings me a moth or some other bug, I just think ewwww, and sometimes I say it out loud, I should guard against going "ewww", because by going "ewww" we are teaching our little ones something, we are teaching them, that moths are a lesser life form than us, and that they are "ewwww". It starts with the little things and then builds into what it becomes as a grownup. From the little moth, to the neighbor. I must confess though, when she told me about the worm outside that I must come see, and it turned out to be a spitting cobra she wanted to play with, I couldn't help myself, I FREAKED, lol.

Do you see what I mean? The laws don't go against our nature, it's us that go against our nature, we learn to be that way. And we can unlearn to be that way, providing we realize this small (ok big) snag, we have to realize it before we can change it. Somebody that doesn't realize something, is incapable of fixing it.

Fenix

I live by the same laws as adjensen above. Love God, and love thy neighbor, and all else falls into place.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Fenix777 because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join