It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Summary: Having studied the UFO mystery for many years, I have many important questions. Most of them are focused on the long-term, transformational implications of the remarkable phenomena reported. Other questions relate to our understanding of 20th century history and the present circumstance human civilization. I share with you below some of these latter questions, with the hope that they may at least open your mind, and at most engage you in a shared quest to open what may be among the grandest future chapters in our ancient saga.
1. What are the implications of physicists’ realization that "space-time" is not a void, but is rather an ocean-like medium of energy?
2. Are scientists and journalists aware of new, broadly-published, peer-reviewed theories of the nature of gravitation and inertia meeting every experimental test of general relativity, yet in principle allowing super-luminal motion of gravity-propelled spacecraft without time-dilation?
3. If scientific papers speculating on time travel, worm holes, and ‘many universes’ are greeted by the press with respectful wonder and awe, why are scientific papers speculating on notions far less exotic – propulsion systems not requiring that we shoot matter out of a nozzle – greeted with skeptical disdain, especially when no empirical data exist to support the former, while much exists to support the latter?
4. Are scientists and journalists aware that much of the research staff on a pivotal government-funded study of UFO evidence – the Condon Committee – resigned or were fired when they challenged its director’s intention to report a pre-ordained conclusion that all UFO sightings can be explained in mundane terms?
5. Are scientists and journalists aware that the chief scientific consultant in the Air Force's Blue Book study of UFOs later characterized the project as a publicity maneuver to mollify the public, himself convinced by the evidence he saw that genuine, unexplained aerospatial phenomena are in our midst?
6. Are you aware that reports of these two government-funded, now-discredited studies – the Condon Committee and Project Blue Book – are the primary reasons why most scientists and journalists have dismissed UFO evidence as pseudoscience?
7. Are scientists and journalists aware that hundreds of thoroughly credentialed pilots and military officers have officially documented sightings of structured craft demonstrating motions possible only through gravitational propulsion, and that some of these sightings are accompanied by radar records?
8. Are scientists and journalists aware that hundreds of thousands of similar sightings have been made by people around the world, dating back thousands of years?
9. Why have U.S. intelligence agencies refused an official request by the Federation of American Scientists to release their budgets for the years 1947 through 1970?
10. Is there anything unusual about the fact that the National Security Council, the CIA, and the Air Force were all established in 1947?
continues in the link below:
Originally posted by mesaana
unless you had someone with the appropriated "need to know". Even then some would be hard to prove and just based off of someones word,
Problem is, that sometimes once you know something, you also learn why it's a secret.
31. For how long will scientists and journalists continue to be happy with spoon-fed denials by officials of any significance to the following documented quotes?
”Before we could do any more, the Army, after conferring with [U.S.] officials, ordered the investigation stopped.”
- Renowned physicist Dr. Paul Santorini, on UFOs over Greece in 1946
”The phenomenon reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious.”
– General Nathan Twining, September 23, 1947, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, 1955-1958
”Army intelligence has recently said that the matter of ‘Unidentified Aircraft’ or ‘Unidentified Aerial Phenomena,’ otherwise known as ‘Flying Discs,’ ‘Flying Saucers,’ and “Balls of Fire,’ is considered top secret by intelligence officers of both the Army and Air Forces.”
- 1949 FBI memo on UFOs
”In view of the wide interest within the Agency … outside knowledge of Agency interest in Flying Saucers carries the risk of making the problem even more serious in the public mind than it already is.”
- CIA memo, 1952
”I am convinced that these objects do exist and that they are not manufactured by any nation on Earth.”
– Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding, Commander-in-Chief, Royal Air Force Command, London Sunday Dispatch, July 11, 1954
”Reliable reports indicate there are objects coming into our atmosphere at very high speeds and controlled by thinking intelligences.”
- Navy Admiral Delmar Fahrney, public statement, 1957
”The trick would be to describe the project so that, to the public, it would appear a totally objective study, but to the scientific community would present the image of a group of nonbelievers trying their best to be objective but having an almost zero expectation of finding a saucer.”
- Robert Low, University of Colorado senior administrator, former intelligence officer, and assistant director of the Condon Committee, in a confidential 1966 memo suggesting the approach of the Condon UFO study
”My study of past official Air Force investigations (Project Blue Book) leads me to describe them as completely superficial… Officially released ‘explanations’ of important UFO sightings have been almost absurdly erroneous.”
– Dr. James McDonald, speech to American Meteorological Society, 1966
”When the team was ten miles from the landing site, static disrupted radio contact with them. Five to eight minutes later the glow diminished, and the UFO took off. Another UFO was visually sighted and confirmed by radar.”
- Classified report by an Air Force Strike Team at Minot AFB, 1966
”Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is... Behind the scenes high ranking military officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.”
– Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, public statements in 1960
”I had the evidence that a crash did happen… I ask [you] this, were you there with me? Did you have the clearances? They can’t answer these questions. They simply criticize with no evidence.”
– Colonel Philip Corso, former head of the Foreign Technology Desk, United States Army Research and Development and National Security Advisor, Eisenhower Administration, on video in 1998 shortly before his death
”Because of the developments of science, all countries on Earth will have to unite to survive and to make a common front against attack by people from other planets. The politics of the future will be cosmic, or interplanetary.”
– General Douglas Macarthur, October 8, 1955, New York Times
”Congressional investigations … are still being held on the problem of unidentified flying objects and the problem is one in which there is quite a bit of interest… Since most of the material presented to the Committees is classified, the hearings are never printed.”
- Congressman William H. Ayres, 1958
”I've talked with people of stature – of military and government credentials and position – and heard their stories, and their desire to tell their stories openly to the public. And that got my attention very, very rapidly... the first hand experiences of these credible witnesses, now in advanced years and anxious to tell their story. We can't deny that, and the evidence points to the fact that Roswell was a real incident, and that indeed an alien craft did crash, and that material was recovered from that crash site.”
-Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut, from a taped interview in 1998.
”[I am] disturbed by the way in which the CIA has been diverted from its original assignment… [It has] become a government all of its own and all secret. They don’t have to account to anybody.”
- President Harry S. Truman, Washington Post, December 22, 1963
”Maximum security exists concerning the subject of UFOs.”
– Allen Dulles, 1955, Director of Central Intelligence and later member of the Warren Commission
Originally posted by RUSSO
40 Questions for Scientists Who Care About Truth
Well we have had a few disclosures since then, in the mid 1990s the Air Force supposedly told us what they know about Roswell, but many people don't believe them.
”I now regard the [extraterrestrial hypothesis] as the one most likely to prove correct.” - Dr. James McDonald, testimony to the United States Congress, 1968
If the Air force was telling the truth about Roswell, then we know one thing today we didn't know it 1968, it wasn't a weather balloon, it was a bigger balloon. But have we really learned much else? Klass's curse has proven true for the most part with some small exceptions like that, and I think it will continue to do so.
THE UFO CURSE:
No matter how long you live, you will never know any more about UFOs than you know today. You will never know any more about what UFOs really are, or where they come from. You will never know any more about what the U.S. Government really knows about UFOs than you know today. As you lie on your own death-bed you will be as mystified about UFOs as you are today. And you will remember this curse.
If the Air Force was telling the truth about Roswell...
And that's how I'd sum up those 40 questions. Everybody's got questions. Some cases have answers, some cases don't, and for those there is only speculation.
Originally posted by realitydiscovered
What about the Angels in the space, why the Americans don’t know