It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has all the cloning coverage gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Not long ago there was some concern with human cloning, now with current evens such as whats occuring in North Korea/South Korea and other conflicts it seems that the coverage has dissappeared. Is this paving way as a distraction for human cloning to go ahead behind the scenes?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I saw something recently about cloning being alive and well in China, and how they are trying to get a hold on it. They have already done it with animals, such as cats, and cannot grab hold on to where they are being shipped or catered to. I will send the links in a minute, but I get what your saying.

We are AGAIN in the dark.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yes, cloning has stopped.

in unrelated news...anyone read the bits on wikileaks about how the US is getting biometric data on leaders of the world, including retna scans and DNA samples?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Cloning has stopped? Or do you mean it's isn't being talked about?

Re collecting DNA, Iris scans, etc. Absolutely, that's what I think they want it for. I find it strange that so many people just aren't questioning why the US would be secretly collecting such info.
edit on 30-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There was actually just a new article in The Telegraph about how they have created four new clones of Dolly. As for human cloning, at the present it isn't a very practical technology and as time marches on it will most likely become even less practical as other technologies will be able to achieve the same effect without the moral ambiguity.

Dolly the Sheep 'reborn' as four new clones created

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
There was actually just a new article in The Telegraph about how they have created four new clones of Dolly. As for human cloning, at the present it isn't a very practical technology and as time marches on it will most likely become even less practical as other technologies will be able to achieve the same effect without the moral ambiguity.

Dolly the Sheep 'reborn' as four new clones created

Exactly, more than cloning they'll be growing them like potatoes.
The biometric recolection has some very (albeit hypotetical) "spooky" implications...
Spot on, mate.

Drk.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If they can clone you a perfect kidney for example I highly doubt that your average working joe will be able to afford it and if they do I think it will cost as much as a decent valued property and therefore a second mortgage. As for cloning humans, I think they will do it just for the sake of advancing science. Whats not to say china or another country hasnt attempted it? I cant help but think of the scene for aliens ressurection with all the ripley clones

top topics

join