It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Positions Warheads Near NATO Allies, Fueling U.S. Concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Russia Positions Warheads Near NATO Allies, Fueling U.S. Concern

www.foxnews.com

The U.S. believes Russia has moved short-range tactical nuclear warheads to facilities near North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies as recently as this spring, U.S. officials say, adding to questions in Congress about Russian compliance with long-standing pledges ahead of a possible vote on a new arms-control treaty.

Russia's movement of the ground-based tactical weapons appeared to coincide with the deployment of U.S. and NATO missile-defense installations in countries bordering Russia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
No kidding. Russia doesn't like the missile shield and they know what's it's for. A first strike.

So they are moving tactical nukes in the area in preparation to take out the missile shield sites if Russia isn't made part of it like NATO said they would.

Russia isn't kidding around. Obama should stop this missile shield BS until Russia is happy with it. Missile shield in eastern Europe against Iranian missiles? Give me a freaking break.

Not to mention that WITHOUT a new START treaty, there's no way for the US to monitor Russia's nuke movements.

More information connected to this...

NATO leaders have rejected a proposal from Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to unite the country's missile defenses with a shield being built by the West, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

"Either we participate fully, exchange information, are in charge of solving these or those issues, or we do not participate at all," he said, warning that "if we do not participate at all then we would be forced to defend ourselves."

Russia is not suicidal. They CANNOT and WILL NOT allow a first strike infrastructure to be set up.

Russia 'simulates' nuclear attack on Poland

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sounds like things are getting a bit out of hand with countries moving missiles and nukes around.

Think its time they put their serious face on and sort this **** out before its to late and things get very messy

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
From what I hear, Russia is definantly not a country someone should mess with.

I dont think the US should even have that "missile defence shield" stuff in Eastern Europe. Has anything good come out of the missile defence shield? The only stuff Ive seen come out of it, is Russia being pissed off. If another country put a missile shield up on the border of my country, I would be pretty ticked to.

How would the US feel if China deployed a similar missile shield in Canada and Mexico?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the situation in Korea?
edit on 30-11-2010 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well I certainly can't blame Russia..
hell, the US hands out nukes to it's mates like lollies...
Isn't there talk of deploying nukes back to SK??

Who knows where the US's thousands of nukes are??

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is all posturing. The world is broken into trading blocks and political spheres of influence. Basically we're seeing two entities strutting butting heads about whose territory is whoms. This was what the cold war was about, this was what all wars are about. Sometimes it's just posturing, and sometimes this is real. I'm betting posturing.

Jester

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
In the event you haven't heard Mr. Dmitry Medvedev speech at the recent NATO meeting then perhaps take the time to view his own words before making assumptions.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

34 minute clip... Could you not give us a summary or tell us what time the interesting stuff is... don't have that time on my hands to watch it all

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

So you're saying politicians don't lie?
On ATS?
You've got guts!

Russia said they would be nice if they were an equal part of the missile shield. NATO has been laughing at Russia so far.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
reply to post by tristar

34 minute clip... Could you not give us a summary or tell us what time the interesting stuff is... don't have that time on my hands to watch it all

As much as i would like to, i refuse to do it, as it is you, you alone who should form his own opinion and not by anyone else's interpretation, as that opinion wont be your opinion. You should always think independently.
edit on 30-11-2010 by tristar because: syntax

adding links to his speech
www.cdi.org...
eng.kremlin.ru...
edit on 30-11-2010 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by tristar

So you're saying politicians don't lie?
On ATS?
You've got guts!

Russia said they would be nice if they were an equal part of the missile shield. NATO has been laughing at Russia so far.

Given that many NATO and Russian have openly been caught on double talk, this time round it revolves around who will guard the E.U. against hostile act, either from within the E.U, NATO members or M.E.. The poker faces are all out in the open and noone is hiding their intentions.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It's going to be fallout before we know it.
But I honestly....can't seem to get a grip as to why Russia and the US still have these Cold War tensions. I would have hoped that with coming generations this type of non-sense would dissipate and that as Western forces could work more cooperatively. But eh....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well I'd be concerned too if someone was moving a first
stike capability into my backyard. Missle defense yes
but not at the price of Nuclear war. That would be Ironic
eh? A missile defense shield whose purpose is to prevent
a missile attack by Iran actually causes a missile attack
by Russia? Go figure. That said, Russia must feel pretty
darn safe if it is not worried about a missile attack by Iran
or maybe they know something we don't?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Russia must feel pretty darn safe if it is not worried about a missile attack by Iran or maybe they know something we don't?

Yeah. Iran won't attack Russia ever. Their missile arsenal is a joke. And if they ever launched an attack, they would bomb Israel + US bases in the area + Saudi Arabia. They wouldn't attack Europe.

Not to mention if the missile shield was against Iran, it would be in Iraq/Afghanistan/Turkey... not in Eastern Europe.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Russia doesn't fear Iran at all. They have an alliance remember

top topics

join