It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Channel & Website BANNED by Google/YouTube

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Alex Jones Channel & Website BANNED by Google/YouTube

www.infowars.com

Both Google and its subsidiary company You Tube have banned Alex Jones and his websites, as attempts to curtail free speech widen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A memo from YouTube to Alex Jones advises that his YouTube channel will be shut down. Never did I think I would ever see such a thing in my lifetime!

Looks like we are marching ever closer to complete fascist rule, with corporations now deciding what news source the American people choose to review. At least with government we have a little leverage by being able to vote out our oppressors, but with big corps we are completely defenseless unless enough people wake up and pay attention and start boycotting them.

WASF!!!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Only a matter of time I guess. Not saying that I'm one of his followers but, I too hate seeing corporate media attempt to take away any American's first amendment rights.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Ok I'm unsure as to the details as to why the Alexjoneschannel is being shut down on youtube but I just did a search of the Alex jones website and it is still there. It appears the issue with google is that Alex jones won't appear under google news or something, there is no attempt to forcebly delete and remove the entire website. People can still search it, it's still there, it's not going away.

Why do Alex Jones and his followers always have to make a drama out of everything? Nothing is stopping people from going to his website. As for youtube's decision, regardless of the circumstances (while they may or may not be unreasonable) they have the right as a private business, entity, to shut down who ever the hell they want. Freespeech does not mean private businesses have to give up their right. Infact for all the cries from alex jones and co. over this government and its overregulation of the markets, there should be celebrating. A private company is actually doing whatever the hell it wants. Why complain?

This isn't fascist rule, your freedom of speech has not been taken. This is a private company taking action under it's own terms.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Okay I know Alex Jones is a sensationalist, and he tends to blow things out of proportion..but he does bring things to light and he is fighting..I can't believe this! Well I suppose it was going to happen...now we wait to see how long it will be until one of those federal sieze orders is up on infowars...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
His rights were not violated... This is a recurring topic I see now and again on this site.

Do individuals have freedom fo speech and media? Absolutely.

Those rights do not follow someone onto or into a privately owned website or property. This is no different than a business refusing to sell an item to a customer. Its legal to refuse service (some exceptions) to a person the business does not want to do business with.

If you posted on this site that the Site admin and mods are nothing but a group of no talent ass clowns, they could tell you they no longer wish to allow you to visit their site - Its called terms of service.

Like the store anaology they can choose whom they do business with. It does not prevent a person from finding other locations, or making their own, to post their information.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm not going to howl about "freedom of speech" as a right, because I recognize Google/YouTube is a private company. Even so, every company has corporate social responsibilities. Even the most pro-business, anti-regulatory folks out there criticized BP's bungling when it buped up its oily gunk in the Gulf earlier this year, and rightly so. As Google has grown and become ubiquitous, it has taken on important and potentially destructive roles. It is important to call ANYONE out who is hastening the march towards centralized control of information -- be it by a government or a big business. Yes, they have a right to censor things...and we have a right (actualy, an obliogation) to resist and object. "Do no evil" indeed. Today is a sad day.
edit on 11/30/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Is this about the spamming of the trends on google?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Ridiculous,

Are you saying a business doing what it wants within its own terms is ridiculous?

]Alex isn't too popular around these parts, but if you discount the hype, he talks about a lot of the things we do on ATS. He has served to greatly popularize the "tinfoil world view" and to get people thinking out of the box. Even if you disagree with or dislike him, I think its fair to say he has value as an "entry-level conspiracy theorist" for a lot of people.

Well these are your personal opinions of Alex Jones no?

Even so, every company has corporate social responsibilities.

Oh really? So do Alex Jones followers draw the line over these social responsibilities? Oh the hypocrisy. I remember the tone of Alex Jones followers and tea partiers alike. Any talk of social responsibility was shot down with the terms "fascist" or "nazi". But my my, when the winds turn against ya, all of a sudden the tunes change.

No no I really agree with you. Businesses do have social responsibility that would make the world wonderful if they followed, but in the libertarian and conservative view of things, they should never be forced, and we should just shut up an celebrate their rights.

Even the most pro-business, anti-regulatory folks out there jumped all over BP when it dumped its gunk in the Gulf earlier this year,

Really? Seems like many were blaming this administration of being too hard on BP. Some even insisted we spend tax money to deal with the mess. Alex Jones? What was Alex Jones doing?

www.youtube.com...
Ah yes, he was blaming the government (in particular the Democrats) for the oil spill. Right.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Southern Guardian because: .

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ill try not to laugh now,

So i guess all the other sites who are also dedicated to bringing out news and opted to purchase media streamed services are the loosers and AJ was the clever one.

When will people begin to think independently and not pushed to assumption without actually researching.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I just finished editing my prior post a bit (before reading your post) to tone down the hyperbole. OK, so Alex's popularity or value is not at issue. Granted.

Oh really? So do Alex Jones followers draw the line over these social responsibilities? Oh the hypocrisy. I remember the tone of Alex Jones followers and tea partiers alike. Any talk of social responsibility was shot down with the terms "fascist" or "nazi". By my my, when the winds turn against ya, all of a sudden the tunes change.

No no I really agree with you. Businesses do have social responsibility that would make the world wonderful if they followed, but in the libertarian and conservative view of things, they should never be forced, and we should just shut up an celebrate their rights.

The issue here is not Alex Jones, as you pointed out above, actually. The issue is Google's decision. And why bring tea partiers, libertarians, or "followers" of Jones into this? What is the relevance? I don't take sides. I don't "do" ideology (insofar as possible). Instead of looking at an issue like this in terms of "my side versus your side," I try to call out right and wrong as I see them, when I see them. In this particular case, I see Google as the party in the wrong. In other situations I could (and have, and will again) disagree with opinions promoted by Alex and associates.

If an Alex Jones "followers" or anyone else gave me the line that corporate social responsibility was wrong, I would certainly disagree with them, too. I disagree with extreme libertarianism for a variety of reasons (like all extreme ideologies, it is cartoonish, simplistic, and untenable), but what exactly does that have to do with Google's decision to restrict the flow of information to society at large?

Alex Jones and his "followers" (whoever they may be...are we SkepticOverlord's "followers" ? I wouldn't describe myself that way, as much as I love ATS...) are not actively involved in managing the flow of information to hundreds of milllions of humans. Google is. I think its apples and oranges here, sir.
edit on 11/30/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

The soft and meek overcomes the hard and strong. They can only dam up the river; they cannot stop it from flowing. And the water, remember, in time cuts through the hardest of rock. It is the universal way of life. Their power is illusory and finite. Send blessings and love to the oppressor who means harm. It takes but a small candle to brighten the darkest of caves. There is a silver lining in all of this, I know. It's hard to understand, but it is the contrast that forces us to see what it is we do want and motivates us to look in that direction. Shall we focus on that, instead of beating the drum of what is? Seeing only the unfairness of the situation attracts more of what we do not want. Intending what we want will attract something better and bring it more swiftly. I hope that this will motivate Alex Jones to use his talents more wisely and help him to help us focus our attentions on a better reality instead of what is. Honestly, they are helping us to learn how to be creators. We must learn from them and not feel like we are their victims; which leads to such hopelessness. I guess anger is better than feeling hopeless. I don't have all the answers and like I've heard others say on this site "can't always hit the nail on the head, but at least I'm swinging the hammer". Truly, I am also disappointed that this has happened, but not entirely surprised. The shocking events are spilling over daily, it's seemingly perfectly orchestrated and can be overwhelming for even the brightest of minds; which is the intention I'm sure, but we can intend too.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Good, it's about time that fear mongering coc aine addict had his videos removed from YouTube. I can't believe people still support him. He is just a wacko with a show.

He and his cult members were actively trying to hack people who posted comments about their dislike of Alex. Maybe that is why he is banned. I was going to make a topic about it.

One day Alex said something completely idiotic on a video. I commented on how and why I thought him and his video were moronic. A few days later I get a message/e-mail from a guy saying something like, "Hello, I noticed your comment about Alex and your dislike for him. We are planning to do a DDOS attack on his website if you want to help. Just download this application at this link, and leave it running on your computer." I deleted the message and just laughed that they think I would fall for that....

Either Alex himself, or one of his cult members, tried to trick me into downloading a virus. So be careful.

I hope Alex Jones goes to jail actually. Someone needs to lock that loose cannon up.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

ALEX JONES IS AN ORCHESTRATED FRAUD! My brother politely posted Alex Jones Channel he felt Alex works for government putting information out to gage our reactions/distract us (as not just anyone gets a rothschild on his show like Alex did). The post was immediately removed and my brother banned from posting anymore.

I just posted this on his channel, in one minute, the comment was removed and I was banned from posting anymore. AND ALEX JONES IS COMPLAINING OF BEING CENSURED?

I have personally been through the Youtube strike policy. The youtube strike system does not work the way he is saying. The first strike is a text warning. The second strike they give a verbal warning and lock you out of your account for two weeks. Each strike you have to acknowledge once you sign in. You can protest the strike but you are locked for two weeks unless they decide to remove it. So ALex didn't psot videos the past five days, he protested the strike and he is back on as they sided with him. This is just another manipulative publicity stunt. He's employed to play with us so we get desensitized and distracted from new policies and changes we may not like.

edit on 30-11-2010 by roksta101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by roksta101 because: Corrected grammar and added more information.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 22Eleven
Good, it's about time that fear mongering coc aine addict had his videos removed from YouTube. I can't believe people still support him. He is just a wacko with a show.

He and his cult members were actively trying to hack people who posted comments about their dislike of Alex. Maybe that is why he is banned. I was going to make a topic about it.

One day Alex said something completely idiotic on a video. I commented on how and why I thought him and his video were moronic. A few days later I get a message/e-mail from a guy saying something like, "Hello, I noticed your comment about Alex and your dislike for him. We are planning to do a DDOS attack on his website if you want to help. Just download this application at this link, and leave it running on your computer." I deleted the message and just laughed that they think I would fall for that....

Either Alex himself, or one of his cult members, tried to trick me into downloading a virus. So be careful.

I hope Alex Jones goes to jail actually. Someone needs to lock that loose cannon up.

that make me laugh ^^

well..jealous much? dont blame others for you internet noobishness

wacko without a show

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by roksta101

you and the last 3 fresh posters are same guy?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Internet noobishness? I am a computer science major and I design computer software for a living. I have actually created several web browsers and massive multilayer virtual worlds for clients. I know everything there is to know about computers and the internet.

Jealous of WHAT? Alex Jones is a paranoid coc aine addict. I make more money than he ever will, and I don't have to lie to people, and plaster my face all over the internet, and yell like an idiot about invisible monsters to do it.

I laugh at YOU. You buy what he sells (figuratively and probably literally).

Alex Jones is just a conspiracy junkie who usually doesn't even think for himself. He just finds the latest conspiracies on the net that are already researched by other people, and then yells about it in front of everyone like he thought of it first. Then people like you drool over him because he parrots what you believe, and you look up to him because you think he is "getting the word out". In reality, nobody but conspiracy theorists and half wits listen to him. He's not getting any word out more than ATS, or any other conspiracy website.

Oh wow, he has a show. Any idiot can make a show, especially when 100% of the topics are prefabricated by other people on the internet. The only reason he has any listeners is because he lures them in by appealing to emotions. He pretends he has the facts, but all he really has are a bunch of coincidences and erroneous correlations which are arranged in a format that creates realistic looking illusions and then he sensationalizes them. He plays on confirmation bias and selectively chooses what "facts" he wants to yell in your ear to create false positives which you people then buy up and swallow with wide open mouths like the regurgitated meals fed to baby birds by their parents.

He is 100 times worse than the main stream media he pretends to hate yet still makes appearances on in order to boost his ratings and to lure in more half wits with pure bullocks.

When I see the unenlightened lemmings put him on a pedestal, I laugh last.

edit on 30-11-2010 by 22Eleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

im sure google own youtube no?
2nd

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 22Eleven

I own the internet, NASA, the Illuminati, USA, Russia, Bill gates. I say you are wrong and I'm right because of prior said claims. Plus I have hacked the Gibson

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beholdblight

You also own the worlds dumbest post award too, now.

Good Job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join