It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths magnetic field and 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Everyone wonders and predicts what is going to happen in December of 2012 I for one do. I have a theory about this. The magnetic field of this earth is weakening and there is supposed to be a polar shift happening right? Ive heard people talking about the earth is going to stop spinning for a period of time. Why would 2012 be marked by an ancient civilization without advanced technology. The answer is simple something happen then that happened in the same time frame as before. The only way for the poles to flip is for the earth to spin in the opposite direction it is spinning now. The field is weakening do to the slowing down of our planet and on December 21, 2012 it will completely stop to reverse its self. This is indeed a bad thing to happen but I feel the best theory out there. We can survive if this happens but it will not be easy. Im not even sure what will happen if it stops, how will gravity effect us. Will we be able to move? Here is a page I found on the subject that even has references at the bottom.
www.pureenergysystems.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by countrytruck

hey thats an interesting theory,but remeber the earth is spinning around 1,000 miles per hr,if it came to a stop suddenly we would die from thousand mile an hour winds,i think you could have a shift without the planet stoping,i think the core would have to spin the oposite way for a polarity change !!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Hey, I believe something is building but your post doesn't make sense..
What would make the earth stop spinning and then reverse?
Certainly not the magnetic field..
Then you mention the poles flipping..

I think you have thrown 3 seperate theories in to 1..
And they don't match....

BTW, I don't think the earths rotation effects gravity..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The earth's rotation has a very small effect on the apparent weight of objects and this can be assessed by measuring an object's weight at the equator and comparing it with the same object's weight at one of the poles (N or S) and works out to be about 0.34% more at the poles IE if you weigh in at 200lb on the equator, you'll gain 0.68lb at the poles due to the lack of centrifugal force due to the angular velocity of 40x10^6 m/day (463m/sec) and radius of 6.38x10^6 m (A=V^2/R). If the planet stopped spinning you'd weigh that 0.68lb extra everywhere you went.

As mentioned above, a magnetic pole reversal would have no effect on the earth's rotation so it's all just academic but fun to play with the numbers.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by soveriegnman

True but it wont be sudden. The field is slowly decreasing do to it slowing to a stop just like if you drive a stick shift and put it in neutral the flywheel spins to a stop then starts going the other way. Our bodies are in tune with the earths "vibrations" and as this is happening it is messing with us in a way. The reversal could have a positive effect and give us the ability to use the other 90 percent of our brains which could enable us to do things beyond comprehension.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The earth's rotation isn't slowing down. If it was it would be very noticeable in tides, and where the moon is every night, and the sunrises and sunsets would be off. Either days, or nights, depending on where you live, would be noticeably too long.

If it was to suddenly stop, for the poles to reverse, wouldn't we fly off? Or at the very least, everything would be blown off with the wind.

Magnetic poles wander all the time, and mess up bird's migration patterns. Once the poles stop wandering, eventually, maybe south will be north, and north will be south, but the planet doesn't need to stop for that to happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

S&F!

Thanks muches for posting this.

I am very interested in what happens on December 21, 2012. Call me a date nut. I'm into cycles too.

So anyway I do know that the core of the Earth is an (electro)magnet and magnets have magnetic fields. Sol (I think this is the name for "our" Sun) is affecting Earth's magnetic field. Something seems to be agitating the Sun which in turn is disturbing much of our solar system.

But exactly what will be happening in December of 2012 is what I'd like to know (because I'm anal that way).

So yeah I'll check out your link and read your theory again and get back to ya.

Many happy memories to you!

Starblossom

edit on 30-11-2010 by Antoniastar because: I forgot something important.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

date nut
there,.. feel better now

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

OMG! That's funeeeeeeeee!!!!

Thanks for the laugh in these hard times.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You will get a better picture of 2012 on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Thank you very much vinay!!! I have followed your link and added it to my ATS subscriptions.

May you find your path and safe journeys to ya,

Starblossom

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

If there is a polar reversal, and that is a big "IF", then there will be no stopping of the planet Earth from spinning. The Earth would continue to spin as always, but the Earth itself would flip just as magnets flip, and you and I would hardly recognize it except that the Sun would come up in the West instead of the East. Also on one side of the Earth the Sun would be in the sky for a very long period (up to 24 hours), and on the other side of the Earth there would be darkness for a longer period of time (up to 24 hours). More than likely the Earth would reverse flip into its original position within less than a week, after a short time period of adjustment.

If there should be a polar reversal, what would be very interesting to see, would be that the Moon should flip also. If the Moon does flip, there might be a very brief period in its adjustment to the Earths flipping in which mankind could actually photograph part of the darkside of the Moon while it is actually lit up by the Sun.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

The thing that could speed up this "shift" at least what I think is the alignment of the planets in the solar system. Maybe this is the solar systems or universes way of recycling or renewing itself. Although in your thread you mention a man made device this also could be true. The pyramids and other ancient structures around the world could hold the key to our salvation. Too bad we are all to concerned about texting and what not. Hopefully 2012 does not mean destruction because we will be screwed. As for these underground bunkers im hearing about, I will be fighting my way into one, who is with me? If the SHTF in 2012 its going to be a free for all and if you dont work together you will die alone.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Thank you Antoniastar and I too cannot wait until this day to see what this world has in store for us.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If the earth stops rotating, then begins rotating the other way it would be a stretch to say all other planets must do the same, in my way of thinking. I would also think that all the planets would start reversing their orbits around the sun.

If there is no documentation from the previous polar reversals how can we limit ourselves to what is and isn't possible when this event occurs? I'm going to guess that these reversals will occur because to me the solar system is just that, a large machine that works in unison with all the other parts (Sun and Planets). Its illogical to assume that the earth works independent of all the other parts.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Hopefully 2012 does not mean destruction because we will be screwed. As for these underground bunkers im hearing about, I will be fighting my way into one, who is with me? If the SHTF in 2012 its going to be a free for all and if you dont work together you will die alone.

In my mind the reversal does have the ability to reshape the face of the planet. It may be the true force that is capable of lifting the land mass, piling it up to create mountain ranges during the stopping and reversal of the rotation. If the planet were to start rotating in the opposite direction this may occur, but to what degree would depend on the rigidity of the present crust.

Society would be affected directly by transportation routs being cut by earth quakes and possibly new mountain ranges that pop up. Communications will be cut for short times and effected by power outages and the magnetic flux. But all this can be minimized by timely repairs to the infrastructure and any systems that rely on polar alignment. It will be a bad time, but as you said, if we all stick together it will be survivable.

But on the other hand this could be the true force that is responsible for all the extinction periods we see in the past. Either way, I'm not going to worry about it any more that I did when I used to ride "Roller-coasters". Its just going to be the most extreme ride in your life LOL LOL Hang on, and enjoy the ride.........

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There seems to be a terrible amount of confusion here over magnetic field reversal as opposed to geographic pole reversal. The first one (magnetic) has happened more than once in the past and will happen again with the magnetic poles always on the move albeit very very slowly in terms of human lifetimes. Geographic pole reversals are only the stuff of fanciful (&scary) fiction. There just has to be something more realistic to be concerned about.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Tonight, on a tv program called "the Nature of Things" by David Suzuki, the show is all about pole inversion. They said it isn't a matter if "if", but when. On the preview they said something about volcanic activity, it'll be interesting to watch, and find out how the scientists expect this inversion to happen.

www.cbc.ca...

The earth has two North poles, the geographic and the magnetic. The magnetic pole is the one that attracts the needles of our compasses. It’s always moving, but could it be about to flip? What will be the impact? Paleomagnetism has taught us that the magnetic pole flips regularly, going from north to south and vice versa, once every 250,000 years on average. However, the last inversion occurred 780,000 years ago! Are we on the eve of such a major event?

I don't know if Americans get this show at all, maybe it'll be on the net somewhere. It's on CBC tonight 6:00 Saskatchewan time. I think that's 8 or 9 eastern.
edit on 2-12-2010 by snowspirit because: adding link

new topics

top topics

join