It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate ways of producing Electricity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What if it were possible to create a new technology that produced electricity powered by the electricity it created?

I really dont see how this cant be done on a large scale.. due away with oil/coal power plants.

Take for instance, the old steam engine..

Steam is made by heating coils (think electric stove) -> steam runs steam engine -> steam engine runs power generator -> power generator runs heating coils --^

A similar project would be this invention run by wood/coal: www.dangerouslaboratories.org...

I really dont understand why this type of thinking hasnt been aggresivly investagated yet.. I mean.. think of having a power generator in your garage that ran on nothing but water and would power your entire house.. it seems like when the gas engine replaced the steam engine, everyone threw away any notion of steam power advantages..

Now I ran this idea by my father, whos an engineer, and he said theres no way to produce enough electrity to power the coils to turn the water to steam.. but I think he was just shrugging me off.. myself being quite ignorant in the field of electrian, accepted this. But dont we have power transformers that could boost the output of a volt and make it stronger? I remember a friend hooking a 9volt battery to one of these and telling me to grab the 2 wires.. and a shock ill never forget ran up my arm

Also, would it be possible to say, tie 2 or perhaps more of these "generators" together to produce enough electricity to power the coils and have acceptable output to run a generator?

Lets make an ATS power generator and put the big electricty firms to rest!

Discuss

[edit on 2-7-2004 by rwsdakota]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sorry but the law of Thermodynamics doesn't alow for such a device.

Just Google the term for an explanation.

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

[edit on 2-7-2004 by SkullE]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
the idea would work man but you need a power source to heat the coils BUT you could use solar or any number of other methods.

there is the "school boys dream" as my tech teacher called it ,its where you connect a dc motor to a dynamo (exscuse spelling) nno in theory you could create a ever lasting energy source but you cant get more than you but in.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Damn 2nd Law , always spoiling my perpetual motion ideas ,

Here is a thought : since electricity , light , magnatism are all part of the electromagnetic spectrum , how bout something to collect the excess light from a TV or home , EM field from power lines ...etc. Since it is all part of the same phenomena , and energy just changes form (as opposed to being destroyed) , there is a lot of waste that could be recovered .

Not a closed loop system , as there would be waste heat thru resistance , but a reclaiming of what just gets pi $$ed away .

rswdakota , lots of heta waste in your posted system , and it needs a feul source that needs to be refilled . Capturing the excess heat in a heat sink would cut down on the waste but the generator can't run the dynamo as stated above .

new topics

top topics

join