It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UFO Experiencer in his own words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Back in the 1990s, a good friend of mine, somebody I'd known since high school, began to experience very strange, disturbing events, the kind that are normally described as "alien abduction" experiences. His girlfriend at the time was also involved, and her corroboration, coupled with his generally skeptical, pragmatic approach to life and his lack of previous exposure to UFO lore all lend this case a high degree of credibility, in my mind. I've certainly never known this guy to be given to delusions, flights of fancy, hallucinations, mysticism, or superstition.

We hadn't discussed his experiences in years, but about a week ago I sent him a private message on Facebook regarding the recent, mysterious triangle sightings, and the following conversation ensued. My friend has given me permission to share this with people, but all names have been changed. I have not cleaned up his grammar or spelling however, because I want this to be as authentic and unadulterated as possible. My friend is a highly intelligent, educated individual, but is also mildly dyslexic, so please cut him some slack.

Here is the conversation:

Brendan November 22 at 3:01am
Remember that triangle shaped UFO you once saw floating above San Francisco? I was just wondering if the objects in these photos look anything like what you saw?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ed November 22 at 7:03am Report
That is exactly what it looked like, but there were no lights. It floated around almost like a leaf or a piece of paper caught in the wind. The only thing is that these look vert similar to Stealths. I can't say any different about what I saw. The biggest thing was its wierd and silent movement. You could tell it was not at all limited in its movements

Brendan November 22 at 7:22am
Wow! There is much speculation about the nature of these things. Many people believe the US military has a triangular aircraft, supposedly code named the TR-3B, which is capable of hovering silently.

Interesting....

Ed November 22 at 9:09pm Report
You know what's really wierd is that it happened at a time in my life where I was nearly completely devoid of drug use. I drank but that was it. It was really wierd to have those experiences at that time.

It never hovered. The machine could not stop its motion but it moved silently through the air and was able to move without typical physical limitations. it would slightly move up and sideways concurrently and raise and float left at the same time all with no signs of limitation. It was wierd to watch thinking to myself that nobody will ever believe me. It tried to point it out to the person I was with, but they couldn't see it at all. Just a slight glimpse but because it was black against dark, there was no way to follow it. But, becuase I had been watching it for a while I kind of was able to know its pattern. That evening was followed by my most vivid and extremely intense alien dream of all time. All the typical aliens were there and Sarah was pinned by an unmovable force and I was forced to stand in the center of the room with greys and the chessboard like creatures egging me on. I was touched by this wierd pen like objcet that literally left a mark on my forehead. Oh yeah just like Whitley Striber. The thing is though, I had not seen Communion yet and had not read the book yet. I totally freaked out when I saw that movie and that scene. The dream immediatlely became real and what not. There were a lot of weird incidents that took place that night. There were everywhere. I couldn't stop them. They were playing with the pots and pans. They woke up the house and didn't care. When the roommates would walk into the kitchen, they would simpley walk them out of the kitchen and assumingly to their rooms as they would return alone. When I asked them about their concern of being seen, they responded "I need not wory about that". I woke up to Sarah screaming. I was standing in her room and the room then started to fade dark. I went back to the bed and put my arms around her saying "I know I know, don't worry, it's over now". She responded by saying, "what what do you mean. I was just tangled up in the blankets and it freaked me out". That wasn't the case at all. That incident made it all seem real. That was it. I have never seen or heard from them again.

Brendan November 22 at 10:25pm
Wow, that is amazing. What do you mean by "chessboard like creature?"

Do you mind if I share what you've written with people? I won't use your real name, of course.

Do you have any idea what the beings wanted?

Ed November 23 at 7:21am Report
That time to play # around. The chess-like creatures were very much like the little guys that W. Striber sees when he decides to give into the events and they great him at what he assumes to be their craft. They are small round guys with flat heads. You are welcome to share, but keep in mind that I don't feel these much more than events inside my head as oppose to physical events. Hard to explain, but somewhere between real and a dream. You've heard all of this at some point. Mine is no different than anybody else's. Do leave my name out please

Brendan November 23 at 7:27am
Will do! I'm still curious as to why you call them chess-like. Are you saying they literally looked like chess pieces?

As to what you said about these experiences being somewhere between dream and reality, that totally makes sense to me.

Have you ever checked out Whitley Strieber's blog? Sometimes he says # that I don't agree with, but I find it very interesting when he talks about his encounters with aliens. You might get something out of it:

www.unknowncountry.com...

Ed November 23 at 4:58pm Report
I have and it is interesting how many of us have the exact same experience and mostly people who would dismiss the event completely except for the fact that it has happened. I have totally dismissed the idea that it is extraterrestrials. As I get older the events become more of a distant memory, I have been able to analyze this thing to death, at least. I have come to the conclution that it is more of a psycosymatic event that happens while dreaming and the the dream adds the rest. It is more of a testament to how similar humans are and similar all of us are physiologically and neurologically in our brains. The chess pieces would make no sence to you, of course. The beings looked like these chess pieces that were part of a set that my sister got from Mexico in the 70's. The were carved out of marble and were made by decendants of the Mayan Indians. I realize that this reality opens a can of worms for comparisons. Where will you be on judgement day? It's coming soon. The calander ends like the day after tomorrow.

Brendan November 23 at 8:03pm
So I told my dad about what you've said, and he said he has a theory which would explain the dreamlike quality of these encounters. He pointed out that electromagnetic fields can cause people to hallucinate. Given that UFOs appear to have some type of anti-gravity capability, it stands to reason that they may use or generate very intense electromagnetic fields while flying.

This could explain why some UFO witnesses have experiences that are like nightmares, while others have almost religious experiences.

Ed November 23 at 9:44pm Report
I wouldn't put a lot of weight to that theory. I can promise you that for that year or two while the event unfolded it was my intentions to find out more. I was terrified of the experiences which made me wish that they would go away at the same time. The fact that I am now in a different place mentally, and really not afriad of anything whether it be death failure or any of the fears that drive us, makes me wish they would come back. I have no fears whatsoever. It's a little odd, but true. As a result, I welcome the experiences again in hopes that I may delve further into the experience without reserve. Unfortunately, they have stopped. I honestly believe that my fears during that time were the cause of whatever experiences I was having. I may try to put myself in that place again. The experience teaters on the likes of a lucid dream, but there in no controling the charactors in the dream and you can't change the environment.

I don't know if I ever told you, but one of the experiences took place with them taking my mother and I into a wierd surreal room that was somehow hidden in plane view outside our house as though the world was a curtain and they separated it and we walked into the room. In that room was a movie screen and guess what they showed us. Keep in mind Brendan as these things were happening, I had no knowledge that there were scores (at least) of people that were reporting this in public writings. I knew nothing of the alien abduction stories and nothing of whitley Striber's book. Need I say it, they showed us video of the end of the world whether it be nuclear hullacost, or famine or even ecconomic decline. It is wierd that so many people have the exact same experience.

By the way, my mother spent her formative years, I think 11-17 years of age in none other than Rosewell, NM where my grandfather (this is all true by the way) was in the airforce and dealt with clasified coverup #. I will find out more this weekend, but my recollection was that he was apart of some strange investigation team that did reports on aircraft crashes.

Isn't that weird that this is all apart of my life? I found out about what my grandfather did about 5 years ago when my wife's family, who are predominately military members, asked about my fam's military background. I started asking my mom about her Roswell life and this all started flowing. It all makes sence now doesn't it?

Brendan November 23 at 10:18pm
Wow, holy #! Interestingly enough, according to Whitley Strieber, the contact/abduction phenomenon has changed in recent years: Historically, it was something that seemed to touch people from all walks of life, but more recently, most of the people coming forward and reporting this type of experience have been scientists, researchers, and people connected to high tech stuff. Active duty military personnel would obviously have a much harder time coming forward, but I suspect there's a lot going on there too.

Strieber's written quite a bit about his relationship with fear, and how the contact experience has changed as his relationship with fear has changed.

Very interesting...

Ed November 24 at 6:48am Report
I'm telling you, it is there for all of us. This is a human experience, not an extraterestrial invation. It's just a matter of getting in touch, or back in touch as the case me be, with it. My grandfather, by the way, was a drunk and never would have been able to keep a secret for 30 years or so, especially if it was something like that. He would have loved the fact that something like that would have made him a more military guy. He would have sung like a canary if he ever got to see alien crash sites

Brendan November 24 at 7:03am
Well I will grant you that when people take the drug '___', they often see aliens. And researchers can also stimulate your brain with electricity in such a way that they can make you see aliens.

But that, to me, doesn't necessarily mean there aren't aliens.

I hear you though. The aliens-from-another-planet-who-came-here-in-space-ships explanation is probably too simple, and fails to explain the whole phenomenon.

Why am I awake right now? I should go to sleep already.

Ed November 24 at 12:21pm Report
Oh # you have been up all night? You're gay. If they came here from somewhere else, then they came to stay. To study us over the course of 50+ years is far fetched, all though one could argue about time space and them both being a physical entity that can warped and manipulated, thus, I suppose it is physically possible, but I don't know

Brendan November 24 at 4:35pm
Given that people have been having these experiences for as long as history has been recorded, I think it's safe to assume they've been with us a lot longer than 50 years.

edit on 29-11-2010 by flightsuit because: Changed title.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Its interesting your friends family history with Roswell. Alot of abductions are family lineage related abductions. BTW Ive gone to hyperspace using '___' and people who "see" aliens there are not typical aliens. To be in hyperspace is to be in the midst of all that is- the matter behind the matter- you dont even exist in a physical realm. Its all an energetic realm. There are energetic "alien beings" there that seem alien to us but actually they exist there. Then there are also the greys and reptillians and so forth who go to that realm and wait there for people to enter. Aliens appearing simply due to a '___' charge in the brain is simply BS. Its 100% as real if not more real than an NDE and ive experienced both. With '___' you travel to another dimension completely and its the most terrifying and life changing experience Ive ever had. The mods will probly delete this as they always do whenever i talk about '___' but i thought I would tell you so that you are not misinformed per the whole '___'=aliens stuff. chao

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Thanks for sharing. Its interesting your friends family history with Roswell. Alot of abductions are family lineage related abductions. BTW Ive gone to hyperspace using '___' and people who "see" aliens there are not typical aliens. To be in hyperspace is to be in the midst of all that is- the matter behind the matter- you dont even exist in a physical realm. Its all an energetic realm. There are energetic "alien beings" there that seem alien to us but actually they exist there. Then there are also the greys and reptillians and so forth who go to that realm and wait there for people to enter. Aliens appearing simply due to a '___' charge in the brain is simply BS. Its 100% as real if not more real than an NDE and ive experienced both. With '___' you travel to another dimension completely and its the most terrifying and life changing experience Ive ever had. The mods will probly delete this as they always do whenever i talk about '___' but i thought I would tell you so that you are not misinformed per the whole '___'=aliens stuff. chao

Wow, that's fascinating, and very consistent with the things I've heard from other people. I would certainly hope the mods would not delete your comment, as it seems to me that if '___' can consistently and reliably produce experiences in which people have deeply meaningful encounters with aliens, then that is certainly something which is very relevant to any inquiry as to the true nature and meaning of the alien contact experience.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Maybe '___' makes you see aliens because its a hallucinogen.

And I'm no drug rookie myself........

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well I think there's no disputing the fact that '___' obviously creates very intense hallucinations. At issue is whether these hallucinations point to any deeper reality. It certainly does seem curious that so many different '___' users, with no connection to each other, would all hallucinate the same stereotypical gray alien entities. If nothing else, this implies that there really is some type of collective unconscious that we are all psychically linked to.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit If nothing else, this implies that there really is some type of collective unconscious that we are all psychically linked to.

Akashic Records
The Christians believe it too, but forget it's called the Great Book of Peter... "The Book of Life"
Ancient Shaman used various substances to tune in to the records

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
As an abductee i can relate to your friends story and it is quite consistent with mine as well as many others that have graced this site and even talked to in person. The "showing" rings a bell particularly. Or the revealing, i suppose that is what i would call it. I mean the showing of images and apocalyptic events. It is something i struggle with, i never share it and it is difficult enough to share my Abduction memories as it is but what they showed me toward the end was several things. 9/11 was one of them, as 9/11 unfolded i called it play by play in front of several people. It was like a rerun and i knew all the players. I also knew who was really behind it, i will save it for the 911 board. Such as the collapse of the towers before it happened and then the pentagon they did not listen but when it happened they knew i knew, my own family members that is god as my witness. They do not feel comfortable discussing that day and how i acted and what i said before as if i was making it happen with my words but that was not the case. I seen it all before.

But what they showed me "the greys" was an Ice Age and then decaying city's, fires and sea over land. It is all very vague and most of it is locked away in the back of my mind. It seems as time goes by i remember things before they happen almost like deja vu but more like a flashback. And the way they did it was not like a movie screen they put these images in your head. Things i wish to forget. I rather ignore it but i cant there is something im suppose to know perhaps suppose to carry out and i simply do not know what it is? I want no part of this and wish they would have done this to some one else and maybe that sounds selfish. I rather be one of the lemmings and remain ignorant but that was not to be. As for the chess board fellas im aware of them but i never encountered them. Just the little drones and some of the tall ones that were more difficult to look in the face almost made me feel sick being around them.

Like your friend the abductions changed over the years from my early childhood to late 20's. It appears to have stopped since 1999 but im not sure because i had some weird events happen in 2007 think they stopped by fopr a visit one night without taking me. It could be the memory blocks are more effective or they just are not doing things the same. What i could best describe as a preparation rather than the physical abduction itself.

What is frustrating is i have no idea or see any use in what they have shown me, i cant stop these things. People wont believe me anyway if i tell them. I really do not see why i am of use to them. It is aggravating, it makes me angry. Them, those things, the beings or "aliens" thing is something i have struggled with too, it does not "feel" like it something more profound. They could be us time travelers, Angels or Demons I still have no clue.

And the sleep paralysis explanation is some thing i prey is what it all is but.. im afraid it is not. Missing time, being taken while walking home then ending up in my room while the house was locked up when i had no key and had to knock to have my mother let me in that late at night as having ground rules as a teenager. My mother could not figure out how i got upstairs in my room when the door was locked. These things, ending up with articles of clothing in the morning that do not belong to me and was clearly not my size. This how i know im not crazy because even more my good friend was taken with me as well. He is a second generation abductee where I am not at least to my knowledge. Now he suspects his children are being taken and he cant do anything about it. Thankfully my kids do not live with me. I tried to tell my wife and she freaked out, she knows im traumatized and she sees it yet she will not accept this happened. It does not matter if you move from Arizona to the Mid West they will still take you.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Wow! Unknown Soldier, thanks so much for sharing your experiences and thoughts.

When you talk about your frustration with being shown future disasters, yet not being able to do anything of them, I am reminded of John Keel's book, The Mothman Prophecies. In it, he talks about people being shown visions of impending disasters, and having some of them come true, which then causes people to become obsessed with trying to interpret their other visions, in the hope of being able to warn people and maybe save some lives.

The only problem, of course, is that the visions never include specific dates or enough information to actually make them useful.

Keel seemed to have arrived at the conclusion that focusing too much on these future visions was a waste of time, and he even implied that they were being shown to people specifically in order to confuse them or to instill a sense of reverence and awe toward the beings causing the visions.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

If it's any consolation I believe you,but my question is why they show you apocalyptic scenarios and if it's my understanding they have been showing these scenes for some 40+years,and nothing has happened yet?Except of course the 911 scene which you have described,which is one I've not heard anyone talk about before.I have experienced sleep paralysis and missing time before and never thought it could be connected to any alien experience but this was some time ago(back in the late 70'sand early 80's)My question is could my experience have been connected to aliens?I also remember some reoccurring dreams as a very young child back in the 60's in Detroit Mich.and at the time there were a lot of sightings back then in our area,I remember a strong odor and the look of standing against a gray metal wall and that's all I remember of these dreams.My question again could this all be connected,could something have happened to me?I have always been interested in the phenomenon but only recently have really been investigating the subject,what do you think as I have never asked anyone about this and you seemed to have a pretty good outlook on the subject.................thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't think anybody knows why they keep showing us apocalyptic visions. It would sure be nice if they'd just come right out and say, specifically, "This is why we're showing you this, and this is what you should do about it."

But it doesn't seem to work that way. Either they're being deliberately vague and unhelpful, or they're so different from us that they don't even know how to communicate with us effectively.

In his science fiction book, The Grays, Whitley Strieber speculates that the visitors "get off" on extreme human emotion, and somehow live vicariously through it, even enjoying human terror because they are so incapable of truly feeling anything on their own.

One might entertain the notion that they show people disturbing imagery, therefore, in order to get a rise out of them and psychically enjoy the resulting human emotions. The only problem with this idea is that if this were the case, they'd surely have a whole repertoire of disturbing images, and would not limit themselves to just showing us the end of the world over and over again.

Sometimes the simplest, most obvious explanation might be the best one. That rarely seems to be the case when you're dealing with the contact/abduction phenomenon, but still...

These visions sure do seem like a warning, don't they?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Can somebody explain to me why this awesome thread has not one flag and not one star?

:-(

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Wow! Unknown Soldier, thanks so much for sharing your experiences and thoughts.

When you talk about your frustration with being shown future disasters, yet not being able to do anything of them, I am reminded of John Keel's book, The Mothman Prophecies. In it, he talks about people being shown visions of impending disasters, and having some of them come true, which then causes people to become obsessed with trying to interpret their other visions, in the hope of being able to warn people and maybe save some lives.

The only problem, of course, is that the visions never include specific dates or enough information to actually make them useful.

Keel seemed to have arrived at the conclusion that focusing too much on these future visions was a waste of time, and he even implied that they were being shown to people specifically in order to confuse them or to instill a sense of reverence and awe toward the beings causing the visions.

I will have to read the book, enjoyed the film too. So the book details UFO abductees and similar accounts? Huh i have always been fascinated with the Moth man case and wondered about the UFO reports during that time if a connection with that and the flat woods monster and reptilians in thery.

Realistically this has been something that i have realized i have no control of. If they wanted me to stop these things from happening then they picked the wrong guy. Like you said there is no date no number just images what it all means or purpose your guess is as good as mine. Some times i think these are things that could happen or being an optimist could be something they possibly stopped from happening themselves i have no idea. It use to drive me nuts, i have enough to worry about in life so i let these things go. And if i put myself in their perspective i can imagine it is like a parent scolding a child over spilled milk or something.

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

If it's any consolation I believe you,but my question is why they show you apocalyptic scenarios and if it's my understanding they have been showing these scenes for some 40+years,and nothing has happened yet?Except of course the 911 scene which you have described,which is one I've not heard anyone talk about before.I have experienced sleep paralysis and missing time before and never thought it could be connected to any alien experience but this was some time ago(back in the late 70'sand early 80's)My question is could my experience have been connected to aliens?I also remember some reoccurring dreams as a very young child back in the 60's in Detroit Mich.and at the time there were a lot of sightings back then in our area,I remember a strong odor and the look of standing against a gray metal wall and that's all I remember of these dreams.My question again could this all be connected,could something have happened to me?I have always been interested in the phenomenon but only recently have really been investigating the subject,what do you think as I have never asked anyone about this and you seemed to have a pretty good outlook on the subject.................thanks

I have no idea, what it all means if it is suppose to mean anything at all. It could be an experiment with fear or how we react to scenarios and actual impending disasters like a Rorschach. And i hate to tell you that you did see Greys or Aliens or whatever they are if real or part of our psyche, that would be coaching you in to believing something that could have another explanation. I also remember a cinnamon like odor but with something else im not familiar with.

Thanks for your Cander as well.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
John Keel's book is well worth the read. The movie only delved into one small aspect of what the book dealt with. It's about as similar to Keel's book as Will Smith's I, Robot movie was to Asimov's book.
edit on 1-12-2010 by flightsuit because: added a word

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This pretty much brings forward the new biggest question for those of us who are inclined.

Do the abductions actually happen in 3D reality or are they entirely spiritual......and are the aliens/djnn able to physcially manifest or both.

My guess is that nearly all of this stuff happens in some sort of substate between our waking reality and the astral realms. It may all be part of the awakening process.

Even though I do believe that an evil controls this reality I am also sure that most of these experiences are our souls choice and they are allegorical for concepts the higher self is trying to make us aware of the real scope.

Example, the first art describes altered states. Many cave depictions show a man being skewered with many spears, this is the alien abduction dealy in modern times, it may be describing upgrades to our chakra systems or something alike. The christians described this as being run though by a burning sword by various angels and saints. Or perhaps this feeling of being sliced and diced is telling us we live beyond death. There are alien abduction stories where people describe literally being cut up into pieces yet still retaining consciousness.

Along with this we have climbing up ropes towards clouds with people waiting. Is this not like a tractor beam and flying saucer, or tunnel of white light before we get to heaven.

Sh*t, santa climbs up and down chimneys before he sets off in his flying vehicle complete with red flashing light.

Have you seen the film "Knowing"?

It ties is the precog of disasters and numerological coding and ties it in with the demon/angel/alien and 2012 thing very well indeed. The aliens even have a spirit form with tachyon wings so I am guessing the guy who made it knew a thing or two.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Knowing didn't impress me much. Just another Hollywood film borrowing concepts extant in the UFO lore.

As to this question of whether the alien encounter experience is purely spiritual or has some physical reality, I suspect we're asking the wrong question.

Whitley Strieber has recently explored in his online journal the notion that, perhaps, there is no such thing as "super natural," because to call something super natural is to imply that it exists separate from the natural world. If something exists, the reasoning goes, then it must by definition be considered part of the natural world.

In his blog, and in his recent sci-fi book, 2012: The War for Souls, Strieber speculates that there could conceivably be a "science of the soul," and that even something as mysterious as our spirits might possibly be governed by natural laws. The disconnect between science and mysticism, then, would simply be due to the fact that we've not yet begun to understand those natural laws.
edit on 2-12-2010 by flightsuit because: fixed typo

new topics

top topics

join