It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks whistleblower Julian Assange to target big business next

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

True.
Sometimes people in positions such as his with vast amounts of knowledge lose sight of what the general customs or 'moral' of different positions of people and different countries- they forget that it takes just one single 'spark' to ignite the fire. Don't forget that the First World War was sparked by the assassination of Archduke F. Ferdanand - it wasn't about him, or the assassination- it was simply the 'spark' if you will.

Point being, that in my opinion- If Assange wanted to spark America- forget telling us about backroom deals, corruption in government, spying- The majority have become slowly desensitized to all of that- BUT one thing we still have is our morals in community and in respect of those who have died on our behalf and on our soil in an event that hasn't occurred since Pearl Harbor, and has led to eventual taken lives of our men and women overseas.
Want the spark? Want the Government down- then leak that s&%t/any OS corruption- and Ill tell you right now- as diverse as we are - we American will stand up together again- and our Government will be bleed out, bleached, sanitized, and we will start over.

Yet, if he doesn't know anything solid, then best not to say anything at all- I agree. But Annoyed by that? Muslims commit suicide over their religious beliefs- how does one try to get them to change their heart, mind and soul by bribing him with money? Business CEO's thrive on power and wealth, how are you going to bribe him or make him change his ways by sending a priest to him ato tell him about the miracles of Jesus? Im tired and delirious at the moment so Im not sure if this metaphor Im trying to concoct is making any sense, but regardless-
Intelligent, knowledgeable people just appear to have lost all common sense as idiosyncratic as that may be.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nowayreally

Yet, if he doesn't know anything solid, then best not to say anything at all- I agree. But Annoyed by that? Muslims commit suicide over their religious beliefs- how does one try to get them to change their heart, mind and soul by bribing him with money?

9/11 was a long time ago.Most people don't even remember what it was like pre 9/11..
But if you do some research you will find that most people never considered muslims as a threat..
Yes there was the odd extremist as in every culture including American, but really a muslim threat was unknown..

Since 9/11 the muslim religion has been demonized to the extent that many average Americans would today accept religious profiling for security reasons..

That's probably not a bad idea because thanks to 9/11 the US has invaded and bombed Iraq and Afghanistan, killing an estimated 1 million people..Mostly innocent civilians.
That creates a lot of enemies..Enemies who now have a good reason to hate the US..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A couple of points,

By big business is he refering to United States Ltd?
Because id love to see something real and red in regards to the Fed, Halliburton, Cheney and the Bush family.
... somehow I don’t think their names will even mention in any leak.

The latest leaks don’t do a lot, accept show the immature bickering and chest thumping that goes on behind the closed doors of politics. Now did any of us not suspect that the US would be bugging the UN? that Saudi hates Iran and a bunch of other miscellaneous human like positions?

If wikileaks was such a big ambassador for TRUTH, and no holds bar transparency, why then don’t they release the important things, NOW?

Every day that today’s world is allowed function the way it does, is just another day compounding our real moral fight. For everyday wikileaks baits the people along, its just one more day that the real parties behind the scene place their pawns.

Now that they have declared early next year to be a release date for something 'significant', all the people online and the people around the world who suspect 'something’s' going on, are going to be side-tracked. Distracted through misdirection, ignoring the other 70% of people who just don’t give a damn.

While everyone was pouring over wikileaks, 2 men on motorcycles rode up to 2 of Iran’s most important nuclear technicians, attached bombs to the cars, sped off and detonated the bombs yesterday.

You tell me that wasn’t a Mossad hit when people weren’t watching.

I think, Mossad is releasing these documents, while in the backrooms of the USA, the Knesset is advising them they can stop the leaks if only they would confront Iran.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Fahrenheit451

Ironic he is targeting an American business to start out with - No surprise there.

If he does not get tagged by Sweden, the US or Russia then this could be his demise. Currently the Federal Government is in the middle of a massive criminal investigation for illegal practices within the financial sector. If he drops info that compromises the Federal Investigation its going to put more targets on his for his arrest.

What kills me, and I mean it really gets to me, is his continued stance he wants transparency and for people and entities to be held responsible. What he, and the majority of the people who agree with his tactis are ignoring one very large elephant in the room.

The push to arrest and charge people from the wikileaks will not work in this country The evidence that could be used will not make it past a preliminary hearing.

Why?

Because the evidence being used was obtained illegaly, and there is no established chain of custody for the info. Whose not to say the documents werent doctored?

The entire push Assange is doing is blowing up in his face. In the end he is not going to accomplish any goal execpt to be charged and arrested.

That alone says Assange has an ulterior motive for his actions. He is not wanting to stop anything, and all of his actions to date point to Assange wanting revenge on the US.

Assange has been described as thriving on intellectual battle. Going toe to toe with the United States is nothing more than a game to him. For a person who is so egotistical and self center, constantly trying to claim what he perceives as the moral highground, taking on the US will be the crowning achievement in his mind.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Fahrenheit451

Where did you get the title from?
It's certainly not from the link and I doubt the truth in it..
Australian media is mixed on Julian, as are most people..
They even had Government on today saying they may seek to stop the media printing the leaks and look at investigating Julian for criminal activity..

So your title is crap...
edit on 29-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

Actually Forbes is saying the same thing... It's a us bank actually

Could it be the fed?
edit on 30-11-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I'm now just starting to understand this Julian Assange who is trying to wake us up to whats really going on and what these politicians, big financal, pharmaceutical and major corporations are doing to the sheep and cattle of dumb human beings who would rather walk around with their eyes closed than prepare for whats coming.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

There is no true "Fed" bank; it's run by private enterprise. I'm thinking perhaps Goldman & Sachs or perhaps the Bank of America that is now in strife.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
A lot of the American news agencies say it's "un-patriotic" what Assange and Wikileaks is doing. I find it funny because he's Australian so how can he be being un-patriotic towards America?

I assume because it has put the American diplomats into overdrive. Well the fact is, since the first links were put up the phones were red hot in damage control, so i guess that is what they mean. But one should pause about now, and see what exactly is being targeted with these leaks. Perhaps a member should put a list together and draw a diagram to end points. Perhaps then, these members within here will begin to see what is being played and how so many internet cyber freedom fighters (:roll
have been fooled.

Over the decades countless nations have tried and to some point have succeeded to destabilize the U.S., both financially and politically but have now found a new tool and it isn't wiki leaks. This has been classified as a mini cyber skirmish against the U.S.

Oh yes, the fact that he is in hiding does not necessarily mean they do not know his location. Since the first Iraq footage was released i assume he and everyone who he associated with has been under constant surveillance. Obviously that does not mean field ops tailing him when he was purchasing milk or bread, but it more or less does openly say that he can run but he cant hide. For a man(org) who relies on the grid to make their statements known he sure has hell has fallen into a catch 22.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
These documents will change the history of the universe as we know it

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It will be a good leak as we all know how the Business community is ripping off the common man like you and me the reason of survey in India says it takes Rs 5.00 which includes everything from advertisement to delivery to make a bottle of 1/2 liter of Coca Cola and it is sold for Rs 20/- you can Imagine the profits the companies make and cover up the profits under various heads.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by eniranjanrao

So far with the most recent Wikileaks I've seen so surprises; China's stance on NK was of no real surprise nor the UK company supplying Iran with thermal insulation etc or American gossip in regards to world political leaders whom probably have a whole lot to say about their American counterparts behind closed doors as well anyhow.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

A lot of the American news agencies say it's "un-patriotic" what Assange and Wikileaks is doing. I find it funny because he's Australian so how can he be being un-patriotic towards America?

I assume because it has put the American diplomats into overdrive. Well the fact is, since the first links were put up the phones were red hot in damage control, so i guess that is what they mean.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact Austrailia has military units deployed to Afghanistan, and Assange screwed them over when he went ahead with his moral crusade to stop a war by aiding the enemy.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eniranjanrao
It will be a good leak as we all know how the Business community is ripping off the common man like you and me the reason of survey in India says it takes Rs 5.00 which includes everything from advertisement to delivery to make a bottle of 1/2 liter of Coca Cola and it is sold for Rs 20/- you can Imagine the profits the companies make and cover up the profits under various heads.

Why not start up a business and make your own soda if you dont care for the prices you pay for them. You are not required to buy coca-cola, or any other products for that matter.

Since we are not China, the goal of owning and runing a business is to....wait for it..... make money.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by tristar

I assume because it has put the American diplomats into overdrive. Well the fact is, since the first links were put up the phones were red hot in damage control, so i guess that is what they mean.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact Austrailia has military units deployed to Afghanistan, and Assange screwed them over when he went ahead with his moral crusade to stop a war by aiding the enemy.

Yes, that too, i agree with you. Although many are behind him in many ways, they fail to realize that he is now officially a wanted man and the only sensible place for him to be safe is in a nation that has herbs as a form of currency, otherwise he and his group are already considered a done deal.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well done Julian....keep up the good work!!

Townsville says "Hi" !!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i cant wait to see the documents and reports

in my opinion the man is crazy but i have to admire the effort

bring it on i say

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The Mouse is Mightier than the Sword

Great work by Wikileaks
You're always going to trample over US National Insecurity when this insecurity extends across the globe
I'd like to have an opinion on Julian Assange the person,... but unlike so many posters here... i have never met him personally to form a credible view.
Maybe I could make a half -assed guess based on hearsay about his sanity, credibility, alliances, etc but i see that has been done to death already
I see a lot of people want to kick the messenger because they have no access to the ball.
What i see is most interesting about this is the outrage shown by essentially criminal organizations (Read govt's) about having their violent and extremist methods put under the light.
There is something funny and disturbing about seeing career warmongers squealing about being "attacked" when it is they who hold the guns.
I guess we will soon see if the mouse can run and hide as well as it squeeks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join