It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you worshipping a alien hybrid?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok this was meant to be a reply, not a thread....lol what the hell, lets make it a thread!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
writer Arthur C. Clarke
Today we don't call Travis Walton a prophet, rather an abductee......
Science and education has given us a different avenue to explore rather than label it as faith and subsequently ascribe worshiping a entity.

I suppose my question is, why do people believe that angels are holy creatures, and not aliens? They come from the 'heavens' after all.

I have very little faith or belief in religion or UFOs... But doesn't mean Im not curious....

Is the Bible, simply the old school version of ATS? Researching UFOlogy?

Are religious people mistaking "miracles" and bright lights, burning bushes, pillars of fire for scientific technology?
Are you simply trained to believe the explanation of 'god' given thousands of years ago, as no other science was present?

Many on ats are interested in the possibility of finding ancient technologies, the pyramids being a claim many make were made by aliens ( which I completely disagree with) yet from times past there are many religions that have died off like Mayan, classic Greek Pantheon and Egyptian that people claim are evidence of alien intervention on earth, but the same people wont indulge the religions that are alive today as being possibly evident of the same kind of evidence.

Do any religious people feel they can consider what they have been taught to worship, means believing in alien intervention.

The Bibles and the Paranormal.
Genesis
"And God said, Let the Earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the Earth: and it was so. And the Earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."
Garden of Eden...Greenhouse. Instead of interpreting a higher intelligence transforming a cratered, barren planet into an oasis, we say it was the skybully.

"Moses was minding the flock of his father-in-law, Jethro, Priest of Midian. He left the flock along the side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in the flame of the burning bush"
Moses and the Hebrews were 'saved' from execution by an angel...is it a supernatural skygod? Why would a creator want worship? Isn't life a gift? What creature with columns of fire would insist on this kind of worship? How does worship keep existence going? What is the purpose in worship, other than to create a collective you have power over? What change to creation and expansion of the universe does worship provide? I think thought can expand infinity but lets not get all metaphysics

I personally believe the pillar was a sirocco like wind found in the middle east, why else would god ask people to wander aimless for 40 years? did they not know where they were going? If they were aliens, they could travel space and time, why would they not know how to get a few kilometers south east?

Isiah
"After taking Isaiah to Heaven, the angel was requested to return the prophet to earth. Isaiah said: 'Why so soon? I have only been here two hours.' The angel said: 'Not two hours, but thirty-two years...do not be sad, you will not be an old man.'"

Sounds like a classic abduction to me. The old time difference we here about today, but today, we don't say it was angels and gods we say it was little green or grey men.
Was he on a craft traveling FTL? that allows for the missing time on earth? Should people still be looking at these stories as something to worship and revere? rather than UFO research?

Ezekials "'chariot of Yahveh' "
"And I looked, and behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire unfolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out the midsts thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midsts of the fire. Now as I beheld the living creatures behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of beryl [a greenish sheen] and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel. When they went, they went upon their four sides, and they turned not when they went. As for their rings, they were so high they were dreadful, and their rings were full of eyes [portholes?]. And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. Withersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels."

This is a creator? really?

The Quran
""Do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation),before we clove them asunder?..." and the continues about universe: And it is We who have built the universe with (Our creative) power;and,verily,it is We who are steadily expanding it."
Sounds much like perfectly acceptable metaphysics discussions we have today.

The Quran describes us as being part of a multi universe....much like physicists today are saying.

The Star of Bethlehem...a star really? a star? How does a star come and go, a craft does, not a planet, we know stars are planets. But this little puppy blinked and bopped around the place like the Phoenix lights.

Moses, Buddha, Elijah, Muhammad Jesus and other 'prophets' were all 'taken up'
Why believe taken up means to a heaven, why not a abduction? Are the heavens a multi universe? Not clouds and unicorns and harps and winged cherubs swinging beers.

Will The ATS ALIENS AND UFO FORUM be worshiped in 2000 years as the word of God?

Either way if they did make appearances in ancient times, I think they gave up interfering when they saw the mess we make of things lol.
edit on 29-11-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Can you elaborate?

You mean Jesus?... I do believe the possibility Jesus was a hybrid. It has crossed my mind on more than one occasion.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Zazz, is drunk again..

For the record Nope.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Holy Premature Posting Batgirl! I'll be back when you get some meat in this sandwich!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Yes with an 'if' no with a 'but' ...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Damn I just spent 3 minutes of my life photo shopping assuming you were hinting at this

and now it's redundant

Do miracles actually ever get reported any more. I'm not sure if you think people are mistaking science for miricles or miracles for science?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It has struck me for some time that an alien abduction would have been interpreted as being visited by Angels by those of faith in Biblical times... and apparently I'm not the only one to come to this conclusion!

Jesus was a space alien!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I seem to remember there is a whole section in one of Carl Sagans books on a similar subject comparing UFO encounters with Angel encounters.

I think it's in Pale Blue Dot

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This can be explain many ways. I could explain Jesus was an alien or half alien. Same with other mythological figures. Even though you can't prove these events happened. It would be weird if we had all this contact with aliens in the past and today we have none at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I don't know about that. If you let this web site take you way down the rabbit holes then....

We are the hybrids, and we are actually worshiping the only human that has been around since forever.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I suggest reading 'Gods of Eden' by William Bramley.. excellent exploration of this theory. I for one, think it entirely plausible.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
My soul is extraterrestrial, my body is terrestrial. Jesus' body may or may not be half extraterrestrial, it wouldn't matter to those who believed in him.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You are your own god.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Miracles are not scientifically explainable. People like me believe in God because God defies the laws of science and physics. There are plenty of proofs out there of real miracles. There are also evidences for the Bible. Trouble is, people who want to stricly believe in science will not enjoy the fruits of faith.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

What evidence are you talking about then? You do know the Bible is the same with many other religious text out there?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well according to some, Zazz, we shall soon find out.

Perhaps we can ask him in person.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think Jesus made it clear that if someone believed he could do a miracle then it happened. It was their belief in his ability and their belief in God that made the miracle happen not just Jesus himself. He would say do you believe I can heal you. They would agree and then they would be healed.

Was it God working through Jesus or was it the God like power of their own belief being activated to heal them?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What if .....People are being deceived
into believing that Fallen Angels are Aliens ?
And the Governments of the world
are in league with them to deceive all of you ???????
Be careful what you wish people.

The BrainGarden.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

I think Jesus made it clear that if someone believed he could do a miracle then it happened. It was their belief in his ability and their belief in God that made the miracle happen not just Jesus himself. He would say do you believe I can heal you. They would agree and then they would be healed.

Was it God working through Jesus or was it the God like power of their own belief being activated to heal them?

No it was not their belief in God that made the 'miracle' happen, it was their own consciousness manifesting reality..results vary with spiritual experience, I'd be willing to wager. Wave/Particle/Ones/Zeros.. it's all the same; so by 'believing' in something so much, even on a subconscious level you can expect results to show themselves in one way shape or form. This can range from curing yourself from cancer to manifesting a fortuitous meeting with a new business partner etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
What if .....People are being deceived
into believing that Fallen Angels are Aliens ?
And the Governments of the world
are in league with them to deceive all of you ???????
Be careful what you wish people.

The BrainGarden.

Is that also what you base threatening aliens on? "What if?"

What if people in Russia, people in China, people in Korea, people in the middle east, hell people in Hawaii for that matter.... what if they want to kill you or make a slave out of you? well, better start killing people then... right?

And for the record... last time I checked NO GOVERNMENT anywhere in the world that I can think of has been like "oh hey, btw... aliens are Gods so do what they say, ok?"
No, last time I checked they were completely denying their existence.

So how then did this cross my mind one day? Well, I was thinking about jesus and I was going over bible verses... That's where.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join