It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am suing Citimortgage.....follow along as I hang these bastards.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wish all of you who have suffered at the hands of these parasitic henchmen the best of luck in seeing justice served and resolving your problems.

For me, the one saving grace I have is that I am and will always be broke, so unless it's in my pocket I can't spend it.

Luckily, I purchased my current home in cash and have no intention of ever moving and no one can take it away.

A poor man can have far more riches than a man with money eh?

Good luck all and keep us informed of the score.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Been in the Industry for a while...

Send Emails/Letters and or per phone conversations that:

"You will consider any mistakes made on their end regarding payments sent as breaking their end of their contract, and that you are not liable for any late fee's, credit inquiries regarding late payments, or additional interest, or the possibility of foreclosure since all terms of our loan repayment have been on time and as stated in the terms of our contract.

Please also consider that if this continues to happen I will be forced to contact my attorney in hopes of solving this issue due to "said bank" breaking the terms of our loan repayment."

KEEP DOCUMENTATION OF EVERYTHINGGGGG!!!!!! I can not say how important this is. This is how they get you... If your state allows you to record your phone conversation "Illegal In some States "BS, I know", do it...

They hope that you are an idiot or will just let it go... they're modern day robber barrens. They've just learned to make it legal by making sure you don't use your rights.

Also the one thing I do know they do is the "Fish Technique" They will bring you in a little, then let you go, bring you in a little and then let you go, in the hopes of tiring you out, DON'T FALL FOR IT, GET IT DONE ONCE AND WARN THEM THAT THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN... Hope this helps.

Fox, let me know if you need additional help.
edit on 11/30/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Third, money has been created out of thin air for decades. That is how our economy is regulated. If we were to go to a gold standard, there would not be enough money to run this country. Gold is too scarce. We would be hoarding a precious metal, rather than using it for good. The Federal Reserve uses interest rates and the creation of money to regulate inflation. They are having a hard time now because lowering interest rates and printing money are not inflating the economy. This has been an ongoing problem since 2007.

I have to disagree with this statement, there would be plenty of money to run this country because it would be worth more, like it was before, so $1 would actually be worth something more then a small candy bar or a long distance phone call. You dont need crazy numbers floating around like billions and trillions.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was a mortgage broker for many years, and I worked for Citi for a spell in 2008, although on the credit side and not the mortgage side. Citi is a very aggressive, very shady company and they have been for as long as I can recall. When I worked in the mortgage field I helped borrowers who had been raked over the coals and robbed blind by a host of various sub-prime lenders, and Citi Mortgage was always one of the worst players to deal with.

It seems as though you have a good case and a leg to stand on legally speaking, and everything you mentioned about the pooling and selling of mortgage backed securities is spot on, it was massive corruption from top to bottom. I wish you the best, but you should be prepared as Citi is a behemoth and they retain a staff of some of the most vicious lawyers money can buy. They will likely try and drag out the process for years and try to starve you into cutting a deal.

Good luck, keep us posted.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

She was going to file bankruptcy but it happened so fast that she ended up just screwed.
I had always thought when you had mortgage problems the stuff took a while, but in her case, it happened really, really fast. I know that she also had a wealthy relative of ours that was going to just pay it off, but there wasn't enough time to get that done either.

She was told she had a lawsuit but she didn't file one.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
good luck to you, these guys are a bunch of crooks and they need to go down.

s&f

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hoorah. You are my hero. This type of action is exactly what we need. I'm a pretty smart person but very uneducated when it comes to banking and wall street so I don't use banks ever. I looked forward to hearing more about your case as it develops.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I will send one out tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your help.

thegoodearth

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I really, sincerely wish you the best of luck with your litigation.

There is too much going on that just makes it clear how corrupt these companies are. I have a friend who qualified for the modifications due to financial hardship and her mortgate payments actually went up instead of down!

Additionally, as I posted earlier in another thread, I've been having some serios difficulties with Chase in the past two weeks, which I'll repost here:

I'm pretty disgusted with Chase lately because they tried to pull a very fast one on me in the last two weeks. I've had this home and my mortgate with them since 2001, and have had the same Safeco home insurance policy since then. Two weeks ago I got a letter from them (Chase) that I have absolutely no home owners insurance which is a violation of my mortgage and that they had 'force placed' me in an escrow based insurange policy as per the requirement of my mortgage. Not only did they place me in a current policy, but they were also charging me for past years I wasn't covered... which obviously wasn't something I could claim on, because... it's no longer 2008 or 2009. All to the tune of more than $7000 in escrow! Fortunately, I'm getting it all sorted out thanks to my insurance agent proving that I've held this policy all along, but the entire thing just struck me as odd. They'd been iformed all along that I had this policy, and someone just 'forgot' to note it on my account. Uh-huh... suuuure.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Citibank actually helped me out

I have student loans with them, no problems at all with those, and the "help" they gave me was this:

I have an illegal operation trying to collect money from me. Some "past credit card bill". Uh, I do NOT use credit cards and have not for YEARS. (and all of those were PAID OFF and closed out.)

Citibank CSRs helped me out with this by going over my credit reports carefully and they said there is NO credit card debt showing anywhere. (I asked them to look as I did not want to buy any credit reports and I knew they had access to all of them. Also, I feared ID theft - which - how can I know what is going on, that I don't know about - if you get me.) The Citibank CSRs were very helpful on this for me.

Maybe you, or your attorney, could try calling Citibank and getting ahold of a good person to work with? Banks do NOT want foreclosed houses - they make much more $ by continuing servicing the loan.

Maybe even go to a local Citibank branch and ask to speak with a loan officer. I have found that one often gets better results in person.

Be calm and businesslike and the person will be sympathetic. They WANT your business - not a foreclosed house on their books that they will LOSE money on.

You might just be trapped in some loop of mistakes that the right person can straighten out quickly. You might even get more than you ask for.

I've had very good experiences with Citibank and I plan to buy more property and possibly even start a business - and I was planning to go to Citibank for these things (loans) because I felt they were very professional and went out of their way to help me with something that they really did not have to. They have always been very courteous and willing to work with me on the student loans / various modifications when I was strapped for cash.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with them.

On an unrelated note - I also had some issues with the IRS in the past. Big problems over THEIR mistake. I got nothing but run around and more mess from the office I was dealing with. I decided to call a different office - and it was like night and day! The problem was corrected almost instantaneously.

This might be the case with you, too. Try a different approach and different people at Citibank. Worth a shot anyway.

My guess is that your attorney will try this approach too for starters.

I hope you can get it all resolved. Remember, the people folks like us deal with at banks are just "workers" and not the big honchos out to screw people. Another positive about Citibank - their CSRs are in the US - they have not "offshored" these jobs. I like that
And they are very courteous and professional too.

No, I do not work for them

(And I am very ANTI "Big Biz" usually! It takes quite alot for a Big Biz to impress me.)

Just some thoughts, good luck with it all.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Does BofA own the wet copy? Demand the wet copy (it's the one you signed with blue ink to they cannot copy it)
if they cannot supply you with it, they do not hold the mortgage and you shouldn't be paying them. I would make your request in the form of a certified letter and cc all of the bank officials. Let them know they have 30 days to comply. You see there are millions and millions of us who are in your situation, making payments to banks we think own the mortgage-they don't. The were packaged up and sold through MERS, most to oversea banking institutions years ago as derivatives packages. If you can remember the game Musical Chairs the last one left standing looses the game, same here, hence the country of Iceland collapses. They were the last one standing. Most wet-copies are sitting in some warehouse in China. Problem is you pay your mortgage like a good little boy years later some bank who has no ties to you or your lending bank finds the wet copy and shows up on your doorstep and will legally evict you from your house. You think this can't happen? Look and listen around things are just heating up.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sadly, these guys ARE the "Justice" Departments.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
reply to post by wiredamerican

You got that right Wiredamerican! Believe me, if I do get a new loan, it will be on an inexpensive home and I will pay it off as quickly as humanly possible. In addition, I will look for an owner carry situation, triple the payments, and own the property outright (except for taxes of course). I will never again buy a mini-mansion, the expensive European car or finance a lifestyle. I have learned frugality, the power of having less to maintain, and the freedom brought on by minimalism.

Banks are potentially in big trouble, because people are coming around. I can be equally happy on a houseboat. People are beginning to understand that when you consume, you are owned. The materialistic mentality of the 80's and 90's is gone forever. I think we have found that it doesn't take much to be happy. Good sheets, quality over quantity, and real food. Our decisions will impact the big builders, agrifarmers, and drug companies. We are going back to a time of sanity.

Well said and If I may we did the same thing here......got a loan for our home 17 years ago for $120 K and with both of us working we paid it off in 12 years but it was a no frills lifestyle for that period of time. Now I still drive the same truck I had when we bought the home and we still live the no frills lifestyle too.
We feel good about how we live here....we know want we want for sure but we ignore the rest altogether!
Regards, I Winder

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I wish you all the very best. Stand up to them and win!

second

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Some quotes:

"If the people knew what we had done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us." ~ George H.W. Bush to journalist Sarah McClendon.

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." — Henry Ford

"By this means government may secretly and unobserved, confiscate the wealth of the people,
and not one man in a million will detect the theft." — John Maynard Keynes (the father of 'Keynesian Economics' which our nation now endures) in his book "THE ECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES
OF THE PEACE" (1920).

by the central power of leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principal men now engaged in forming an imperialism of capitalism to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd."--
Taken from the Civil Servants' Year Book, "The Organizer" January 1934

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Best of luck! Gonna be a long road but hopefully it works out to your favor.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Your attorney, like the rest of the 'baaaah' members lied to you;

They didn't lie about the 'creating out of thin air' part. What they didn't tell you is the funds aka ledger entry was created by yourself with your scribbled autograph on the application forms, the bank took the whole lot and is now getting you to 'pay' them plus interest for making it for them. You also own the security they are trading around as you mentioned. There's much more to it than this but keeping it simple, you could obliterate citi for failure to give full disclosure on these aforementioned points alone.

That's why I'm a private attorney. The only way to be sure what you are doing is right and of truth, is learning it yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking

Anyways, finding an ethical, intelligent attorney who 'got it' wasn't easy. But I persevered, and with a little help from above, I found an awesome attorney who filed a temporary restraining order (that was granted), and who is now dealing with the nonexistent securitization of the fraudulent loan. What no one tells you is that the bank that funded your loan at closing, never loaned you money. The money was created out of thin air. The bank then made money with breaking your loans into securities, assigning cusip numbers and placing your loan into pools (that were in violation of SEC rules).

ok first off the money wasnt created out of thin air, it did come from somewhere,

second you don't own the house your just the "beneficiary owner" the bank owns it so therefore they can do what they want

third even if you didnt have a mortgage you wouldnt actually own your house because slaves are not allowed to property

read your contracts properly before assuming what the banks are doing is illegal, unethical maybe, but then again ignorance of the law isn't an excuse in court so why should it be in terms of this.

link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Hi Open_eyeballs...I had several late payments because I was let go while on a medical leave from a reknown pharmaceutical company. I won in court...but the compensation of the lawsuit didn't make me whole. I have worked in good faith but Citi has no idea what the other departments is doing. There is no account continuity. Most of the reps I have dealt with are belligerent, poorly educated and flat out rude. Citi stands to make more money from foreclosing on my loan than they do in modifying the loan. Google 'Citi Foreclosure Bad Faith' and your eyes will be opened. The incompetence at the consumer level is criminal. The TARP and QE2 funds could have paid off almost every home in America with an arrearage. I don't want government intervention, but I do want accountability. You can't believe the fees they have compounded and the accounting errors. It is gross incompetence....and if the reps who work there can't figure out what's going on with your account......how can you?

link   
The banks do not want to help you. They are all crooked sob's. They want to foreclose, force you into a short sale anything to get you out. Then they go to fannie and freddie who back the loan to get the difference made up so now they got a home payed for completely in a much shorter period of time and now they can sell it again to double dip so to say all backed by fannie/freddie again and round and round we will go banks basically stealing taxpayer money thanks to the idiots in DC.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join