It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple's iPad makes its debut in S. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Apple's iPad makes its debut in S. Korea

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

SEOUL, Nov. 30 (Yonhap) -- Eight months after its global launch, Apple Inc.'s iPad finally arrived in the world's most wired country on Tuesday, reminding local consumers of the frustrations they experienced with a belated release of the iPhone last year.

KT Corp., the country's sole distributor of Apple's iPhone at the moment, celebrated the release of another one of Apple's highly anticipated products with a launching ceremony in Seoul.
"We received about 50,000 iPad pre-orders in about two weeks," said the company spokesman Ham Young-jin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I didn't realize the SK was the world's most wired country. I'll have to look into that. I don't have an iPad, but my wife does and she loves it. I think they're going to face some stiff competition over the next few months. RIM as well as several other mfg's are scheduled to release tablet devices.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-11-2010 by peter_kandra because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

I saw a little news piece about SK technology yesterday,a LOT of people there have IP TV thats Interactive High definition television delivered over the Internet at over 100Mb per second.

I was pretty shocked too

edit on 29-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
DUDE ITS SK!
if your rank top 5 in starcraft your like god!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JayXBraun

Don't forget World Of Warcraft although half of SK payers accounts are Spam.

I always viewed South Korea as a NPC

edit on 29-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
As JayXBraun mentioned above, it's the one country to visit if you're a competetive gamer! People make their living as Starcraft pro's (however we just had the second largest prize money handed out outside SK in a Starcraft 2 tournament here in Sweden!).
South-Korean pro-gamers are generally revered in other famous games like World of Warcraft as well!
edit on 29-11-2010 by aboveGoos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveGoos
As JayXBraun mentioned above, it's the one country to visit if you're a competetive gamer! People make their living as Starcraft pro's (however we just had the second largest prize money handed out outside SK in a Starcraft 2 tournament here in Sweden!).
South-Korean pro-gamers are generally revered in other famous games like World of Warcraft as well!

I'll keep that in mind. My 10 year old seems to beat every game we buy him within a day or 2. I keep trying to nudge him towards becoming a beta tester or something. Me, I'm old school. I like going to play actual video games in an arcade with my wife.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra

Originally posted by aboveGoos

I'll keep that in mind. My 10 year old seems to beat every game we buy him within a day or 2. I keep trying to nudge him towards becoming a beta tester or something. Me, I'm old school. I like going to play actual video games in an arcade with my wife.

Hehe, good to hear
I think I remember a Guitar Hero Pro being barely in his teens when he almost beat one of the world records, so it is possible! I believe some games, perhaps strategy games in particular, can be very beneficial and educating for kids to play. I would know, I grew up with games

new topics

top topics

join