It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain what you think De JaVu is.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Haven't read all of this thread, but I've seen some pretty interesting theories.

I think Deja Vu is a set of very detailed circumstances that you have physically/mentally experienced before, but you do no consciously recognize it. Environmental features such as temperature, time of day, what you were wearing, who you were with, what you were doing, your emotional state et c could affect this. All of this things need to match very closely.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

It's funny you say this about seeing your mom and dad in a situation before you were born. I did this with my sister and told her a childhood memory she had that I swore I was there for but I hadn't been born yet. And she thought I had just heard stories about it but both my mom and brother denied tellling me a story about it. Besides I told her exactly what she was doing, wearing and saying. But I was not even an infant yet but I remember sitting with her on the couch.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thats a little more prominent than mine, but even more interesting. Ususally it takes time or my mother will have to tell me a story about something she experienced and sometimes I feel as if I was there because i'll start getting a few distant images. Now I cant prove if this is just my mind trying to get a mental picture of things or if I was there with her. The time im talking about is when she got into a car crash when she was in her teens with her brother, and it was an icy night and they slid of the road and flew (I dont remember how many) but many many feet taking down many trees. The car was completely totalled and she told me before they hit she crouched under the dashboard and got really low and that image just stuck out to me, because I actually felt as if I have done that before as well as seen her doing that and maybe that's why I felt i've done it is because I was with her that night, considering they both were lucky to be alive. Can't prove anything, but from other dreams i've had that are mysterious and sometimes prophetic to unexplainable experiences i've had in my life I always speculate.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

There is another thread in regards to deja vu and it's about repeating the scenes of our lives over and over again(like the universe keeps repeating cyclically). I wish I knew the title I forget, but this could have something to do with it too, if we do keep repeating than you would know as a spirit when this incident took place and maybe go into the scenario to view it knowing already about it. I beleive in spirit we all know about all our lifetimes and even those close to us. I am going to find the other thread too and post.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

Here it is, it's a pretty good theory:
Deja vu and eternal return

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

I have a DeJaVu experience to share with you all:

About 4 years ago, I went to see my wife for the first time in her home country - I can swear that I have never set foot there ever in my life.

As we strolled down the streets of their magnificant capital, we came across this raising 2-way road up the hill, as we were walking on the sidewalk next to it. I ended up staring at this building down that slope, that was an old train station some time go, now used as a bus terminal - I told my wife "I've seen that building before, and I recognize this area...I've been here before..." She gave me this unearthly look as if she was talking to a lunatic (of course, who could blame her you know, when somebody says something like that?)

Anyways....I found it peculiarly easy to find my ways in that nearby area, and my wife started to freak out and asked "are you sure you've never been here before?" I said "I'm positive - never been outside my home country's borders ever, in my entire life."

So there I was....recognizing pretty much 10-20 different buildings, and being able to pinpoint their locations several blocks away.....and simply never setting a foot there before.

Don't know how I was able to recognize it, but it sure gave me the creeps.

Maybe I should mention that I have a slight ability to "sense" energies and "see" future events. Was able to foresee my brothers accident where he injured his back (this was some 6 years ago, I was 24 at the time), and I saw it happening 6 months before it took place, and I've been able to tell when my school teacher was going to die (which I only told to my mom, and she freaked out when it actually happened) at the age of 10. To mention a few things out of hundreds of things I've seen and foretold...

I've had this ability since I was kid - it was stronger and I was able to see people who passed away when I was younger, but I denounced this "ability" when I reached my 20's - since it was giving me horrible nightmares of what was gonna happen to loved ones and relatives...

The "sighting" thing wore off a bit, but I still have it......Seems, that this is something I can't get rid of entirely.. And I occasionally "sense" energy disruptions in "karma", "energy fields" or whatever it is called.... They give me this, pre-warning to some kind of event I should be aware of.

Sorry, didn't mean to sidetrack, but, there you have it...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have noticed I get mild but pretty consistent de ja vu feelings from tunnels. Not like squarish tunnels but more natural looking roundish tunnels and cave systems. I've always thought they were really cool and there is a sense of familiarity to them.... maybe that's something from when we were cave people.
... or maybe I was an ant in a past life or some other burrowing creature. It's weird though...seems so familiar and the more elaborate, the cooler it seems but not underground structures you see today... those scare me. I always feel like they are going to collapse... and multiple story buildings too. I don't like those but more natural looking tunnels and caves, totally different feeling.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Over the past few months I haven't had any Dejavu feelings but last night I had one that was pretty intense. I could have sworn that I was doing the exact same thing and had the same conversation with the same person before. Maybe it's coming back because I used to have one or two moments a month.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join