It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain what you think De JaVu is.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I'm posting this small thread because i really want to share it with you guys.

So one of my cousins was explaining this religion that he participates in, i cant remember the name but he explained to me how before we come to this live we see choose what our next life is gonna be like, we pick our parents and we see what that entire life is gonna be like and we choose depending on your deeds in your past life.

What is de javu is just your soul somehow having a small recollection of some part of what you saw before coming to this life.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Deja Vu is, in most cases, a dream you've had at one time of an event that's happening in real time... awake.
It can also engage in your mind if you are repeating past actions in an eerily familiar way but...

Most cases... Dreams

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

i've had dreams like that but other times i can't explain it

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think it is proof that time isn't linear, but everything happens at the same time and deja-vu is your subconscious viewing something that has happened, but our conscious selves won't see it for a while. I have had some extremely vivid experiences of deja-vu down to exact details. Some times its weeks, months and in a few cases even years between when I dream something and then eventually see it. As for your friends theory...some people have really rotten lives filled with nothing but pain, suffering and hurt - why the heck would anyone choose that?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think de ja vous is when the fabric of space and time adjust, either through alteration by outside forces or as a natural adjustment via the cosmos that keeps everything balanced out, bringing things back to center so to speak.

But definitely, it has something to do with time not flowing in its usual smooth pattern.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

Hey man, in my opinion you nailed it. I love this site, because I can discuss some things that interest me rather than who Kim Kardashian is with. Anyways, I was thinking about what you just said as well when I first started doing research on NDE's. The crazy and mysterious thing is, I believe knowledge is stored within our souls very deep inside, and you have to truly find yourself and open up to the universe, the afterlife realm, and creation itself. Now for example, I feel as if some things we remember or just come back to us are dreams from possibly when we were babies when we were more "in touch" with where we had just previously came from and I can swear the day I was thinking about this a few months ago images and memories start to come back. I believe in reincarnation, because I remember reviewing a life of mine. I remember saying to "God" that I wanted to join the Army and serve my country, and I remember vaguely watching my mother and my father. When my mother tells me about some experiences she has had, I truly feel as if I was watching her and was there with her at the time although I was not here on this Earth. Im only 18, but ever since I was about 5 or 6 i've wanted to join the Army, and plan on doing so soon. One of the more prominent things that has happened to me as well is when I was about 6, I was opening the freezer to put meat away and a voice, which sounded faint and deep, said my name "Forrest" and I got goosebumps all over. At that age, subconsciously I knew "that was a spirt", and I walked outside to ask my mom, stepdad, and brother if they had called my name. I told my mother what happened, and she didnt believe me. Even a few months ago, I was in my g/f's spare bedroom sleeping, curtains closed over the windows, and a solid white curtain over the window. I see a bright white/blue light and I am just shocked. At this age, I never thought I would see something so amazing that can't be explained. Funny thing is I used to ask "God" to send me something amazing, in a dream or awake, and I got it. I've had many more experiences, but i've written way too much. In the end, I believe there is much more after this life, and that De Javu is actualyl dreams you've had that you know you had, and something triggers it to come back.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Lately I had some serious cases of it. I literally remembered me dreaming that moment, or phrase I heard.

Very fun. No idea what it is; but whatever it is, it's pretty enjoyable.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

I understand what you are saying, but I believe in some cases, maybe not all, even if that child is put into a bad life, it's because they have an opportunity to positively effect someone in which they are born to. Not saying im right, just saying that could be the case in some. Yet, that just depends on what your beliefs are.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Deja Vu:

The unconcious realization that your own brain is capable of observing the impossible, and your rationality telling you otherwise.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Déjà Vu is a feeling of familiarity that you get when you encounter a new event or surrounding that should otherwise be unfamiliar. It was first coined back in 1876 by a French Parapsychologist named Émile Boirac in a letter to the editor of Review Philosophique.

It is often associated with dreaming; however at the point that you link the memory of the Déjà experience to a dream, it becomes Déjà Rêvé, not Déjà Vu. What is important to note, current research into this phenomena has returned to a more non-linear look at how the mind processes information because of all the overwhelming cases of Déjà Rêvé.

For example, in our history prophetic dreams have been reported since the Ancient Sumerians, the Egyptians, Greeks, Babylonians, Chinese and many of the earliest world religions cite "Dreams" as a source of prophecy. Aristotle debated this phenomena in a paper written in 350BC entitled, "On Prophesying in Dreams".

More recent research stems from 1888 with John Hughlins Jackson who linked it [Déjà Vu]to Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. However, Déjà Rêvé clearly is not linked to TLE, and TLE may just bring about memory that helps the person remember more vividly details while in a Déjà state. The FTL are associated with short-term memory.

Breaking into Déjà Rêvé we have J.W Dunne's book, "An Experiment in Time" in 1927 where he details and uses scientific method on dreams he has which show precognitive events occuring in the future. This spurred much research into the field of precognitive dreaming and the like. This research is still on-going to this date. More recent research in favor of the existence of Precognition comes from Professor Daryl Bern's research which oddly enough seems to support Jeff Tolkassens's research into Backwards Causality in Quantum Mechanics which means time can flow from the future to the past at the quantum scale. See Retro Causality or the Rochester Experiment for more info.

Historic figures have also reported dreams that have come true, here are my two favorite examples: Abe Lincoln dreamed of his assassination before it happened. Author Mark Twain dreamed of his brothers death, down to the most accurate details of his funeral weeks before it happened.

Related to 9/11, David Mandell painted several dreams leading up to 9/11 with airplanes clearly crashing into the twin towers. He has a photograph of one of his paintings on September 11, 1996 (5 years before it happened.)

www.vimeo.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

I have had what I consider "normal" deja vu forever, but just the other day I had an experience like you say. It blew my mind and then left me very uneasy. It was like I had seen the future and now it was happening, what I had seen in a past deja vu. I can't even explain it. I always thought deja vu was just your brain misfiring while putting away "files" if you will, like a CD skipping. This recent experience left me wondering though.

The thought of being able to see something subconsciously is very interesting. Time's relative. It's possible. But it was just so weird. Even if it wasn't space time ripping that's what it felt like in my head when it was happening.

Could it be that when we have a deja vu experience like that it could be our subconscious trying to reveal some importance to our consciousness? Like it is maybe indicating something we should take note of, think twice about...
Who knows.
edit on 11/29/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I support the idea that Deja vu can be connected to dreams, although I've had that Deja vu 'feeling' without ever recalling a past dream, and I'd say that this has happened more often than the dreams.

My clearest example of a past-dream-deja-vu was right before that 'chinese missile' took off. I'm 23 right now, but I remember having a dream when I was 6-8 years old, about a very specific place, and I never knew where I was, but I remember these buildings and seeing a missile in the sky, well, that just happened, and I successfully predicted it on my blog.

So, if nothing else, I do believe Deja Vus are REAL, and that anyone can have them. If you do have them, then maybe you should try to make a little sense out of them, I consider Deja Vu to be a special event, like The Universe is hinting off to you, that something Important/Memorable/significant/serious is going to happen.

Be Conscious!
Don't sleep through life!
Listen to your soul inside!

edit on 29-11-2010 by leira7 because: added age

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I always heard it was the synapse in our brain firing at a slower rate than normal so our eyes take in information slower than our brain comprehends it. We literally "see" and "know" milliseconds before the actual event is taken in visually or audibly, so we feel like we know what's going to happen. That's why you can't really predict what is going to happen next when experiencing deja vous, you just feel like you can. And that's why it's so fleeting, because it comes and goes so quickly once your electrical impulses catch back up.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatestKIdd

I believed that too, until that event happened in my life (this year). That deja vu had 3 of the same/reoccurring dreams attached to it.

they are real, don't doubt it.
but again, don't take my word for it.
this is just my experience.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Plato couldn't have said it better:

"Time is the moving image of Eternity."

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatestKIdd
I always heard it was the synapse in our brain firing at a slower rate than normal so our eyes take in information slower than our brain comprehends it. We literally "see" and "know" milliseconds before the actual event is taken in visually or audibly, so we feel like we know what's going to happen. That's why you can't really predict what is going to happen next when experiencing deja vous, you just feel like you can. And that's why it's so fleeting, because it comes and goes so quickly once your electrical impulses catch back up.

There has been research that can trick memory through hypnosis where a person can be in a state of amnesia due to hypnosis, see something then be shown it later on to have a sense of familiarity similar to déjà vu. Also stimulating the frontal temporal lobes causes memory triggers much like TLE causes a sense of déjà vu.

That said, none of that explains a dream that occurs months in advance of the time when the dream actualizes and Déjà vu (more correctly Déjà Rêvé) is realized.

Just so it's clear, Déjà vu means already-seen. Déjà Rêvé means already dreamed. A large portion of people's Déjà Vu is actually Déjà Rêvé. Many forum posters have and will continue to report and attest to that in their expeirences with this phenomena.

So sorry, your explanation is only partly plausible in the case no dream is remembered at all. Read my above post for more in depth detail.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I swear, a few months ago while I was fully awake (and not on any drugs!) I had an odd deja vu "vision" (that's the only way I can think of to describe it) unlike anything I've ever experienced, that was triggered by something unknown to me at the time. Now months later, a couple of days ago I actually experienced in "real time" what the original deja vu vision showed me I would, the only weird part is that when the "future" became present it felt like another deja vu.

So I didn't simply experience my vision coming true, I also experienced another deja vu in relation to the incident but in this case it was because I actually DID see it months before. It sounds crazy I know, I'm not one for believing in psychics or visions or whatever. Is there such a sub type that you speak of that sounds like my experience? I was so thrown off by this, I couldn't believe it. I don't know if I'm just going nuts or what. Maybe I should go to sleep.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Good info!
I was going to share a story of deja vu, but I guess it was deja reve!

I have this odd feeling I've posted this before....
edit on 29-11-2010 by masterofnone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

This sounds more along the lines of what I personally experienced

Most scientists scoff at these "magical" explanations for neurological events, citing that they break many of the laws of nature (6). Some, however, point to more recent findings in physics, such as the possibility of particles that can travel backwards in time (tachyons), time loops and multiple universes. They say that these may give cause for more non-traditional ways of seeing causality and for the possibility of neurological "time travel" (1). This means that, maybe, just maybe, understanding déjà vu as a means of seeing into the past or future cannot be so immediately dismissed. It is certainly food for thought for the rising debate, anyway.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

wow alot of the things you mentioned happened to me i just turned 21 so were not that far apart in age.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join