It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justices turn aside another challenge over Obama's citizenship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I always thought it was a pain in the ass to keep my birth certificate safe like it's something special. Apparently it's not since the POTUS doesn't have to do so and the SCOTUS has deemed doing so a non issue.

Whew, I remember having to get a certified copy from NY when I moved to the south and now I don't need to worry about it any longer. It was a major pain but now is nothing more than a G-D piece of paper.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

You've always been able to get a certified copy of your birth certificate in exactly the same way you can now. It used to take longer, that's all. If you need it today, its no good having to wait for three weeks. Your copy is exactly as useful to you as it has always been.

This petition was asking SCOTUS to require a lower court to have another look at a law suit filed by a lawyer so incompetent that the court came 'this' close to sanctioning him. The suit was frivolous on its face, and the original court said so. One of the requirements for a suit to be heard is 'standing', two of the several requirements to obtain standing is "particular harm" to the complainant and the possibility that the courts can provide a remedy for that harm.

There is no particularized harm and there is no remedy that a court could provide even if there was since the remedy that is sought is removal of the sitting President and the Courts are Constitutionally forbidden from doing that. Only Congress has the authority to remove a sitting President. There is just no place for the courts in this discussion.

There was never any question of law here to interest SCOTUS in granting the cert request.

The result is a win for the rule of law and the Constitution..
edit on 29/11/2010 by rnaa because: grammar

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Again, I'm appalled by American stupidity. It's not good enough that he was born in the US as a US citizen but his parents needs to have been born there as well? Just try and imagine how many 'pure' Americans there are out there, just the idea of it is ridiculous.

I live in Canada, my father was born in China and my mother here, and I know that no Canadian would put my citizenship in question because of that. I barely know my father so what if Obama never knew his father, would that of mattered? Freedom and Liberty exclusive to the elite, the white and rich, that's always been my vision of the US and living five minutes from the border confirms just that. Every time I try to cross the border I get drilled with the dumbest questions such as: Were you born in Canada? Are you sure you were born in Canada? Where were your parents born? Why don't you know your father too well? Are you SURE you are Canadian? And this can go on for a good ten to twenty minutes while they take my car apart.

This only reinforces my perception of a racist America. Questioning his race, faith and now his citizenship... wow.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Questioning his race, faith and now his citizenship... wow.

This has gone on for the last two years. It's just insane what lengths people have went to, they have forged fake birth certificates, made up evidence, outright lied, all just to try and get one man out of the white house.

They have never, and I mean NEVER brought forth anything that has ever been credible.

You won't be able to use logic or reason or facts with these people, they don't care about that, all they care about is their made up internet rumor that gives them hope that they will get Obama out of the white house.

They don't care that he has already shown everyone his birth certificate, hell, he put it online so that everyone can see it. They don't care that he was constitutionally elected, and confirmed by congress, and legally sworn into office, doesn't matter a lick to these people, because to them, they have articles from WND to prove to themselves and everyone else.

These cases will continue to get brought up to courts, just to be thrown out, and each and every time, these people whine about how they have been ripped off by the judicial branch, even though, the judicial branch couldn't possibly remove Obama even if they wanted to, he has to be impeached.

top topics

join