It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico man pleads not guilty in swastika case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A New Mexico man pleaded not guilty Monday to federal hate-crime charges in the case of a mentally disabled Navajo man who had a swastika branded on his arm with a hot metal clothes hanger. William Hatch, 29, of Fruitland and two other defendants are the first to be prosecuted by the federal government under a historic 2009 law targeting hate crimes involving disabilities or sexual orientation.

News Source

I always wonder why people do these kind of things. As well people who are proud to be White use the Nazi Swastika?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Disgusting. It always bothers me when people prey upon weaker individuals. This man was mentally disabled. How low can these people go. Im pissed

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

What do you mean "How can they go?" I don't understand what you mean by this. These 3 guys are going to jail. They pleaded not guilty, but make no mistake, they're going to serve time for this.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hand all 3 P.O.S over to the Navajo, I'm sure they'd come up with an equally inventive punishment!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

It would help if you quoted me correctly. I said, how low can these people go. I was referring to them attacking someone who was mentally disabled. May help to reread what I posted.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

Now that WOULD be ironic,
they could sit them on one of these traditional Navajo rugs while they did it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ece5a9c46d34.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

What is the date on that rug? What is the Israeli star and indian swastika doing on it?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Explanation: Flagged!

To answer the 2 questions you posed [in order]...

1] Because they are not human themselves! Here is why...

Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

Article 1.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Which goes on to clearly state...

Article 3.
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 4.
No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 5.
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

If one is not acting in a spirit of brother/sisterhood then one is NOT HUMAN! This conjures up that term AKA "MONSTER!!!"

2] The Nazi swastika is like any other tool. It in and of itself, is benign! Like a gun or knife etc it is just a tool and it is how that tool is used that is in question here. Branding and shaving its symbol onto the victim is clearly OBSCENE and DISGUSTING! But if it was a swastika flag flying at some 'white pride' parade, then clearly its use there is all general purpose freedom of expression kind of stuff!

Personal Disclosure: OL is 'White' and has some pride ... but very little of that pride has to do with my skin colour or my ancestral roots at all. To take a sense of self worth [or lack there off] out of something I personally never parttook in, for better or worse, would be an unethical fail!

I hope the perpetrators of this sick crime get justice served to them in spades and that the victim recovers quickly and is fully compensated etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

To the Hopi it represented the wandering Hopi clan; to the Navajo it was one symbol for a whirling log (tsil no'oli'), a sacred image representing a legend that was used in healing rituals (after learning of the Nazi association, the Navajo discontinued use of the symbol)

From the wikipage.

I'm not so sure about the stars, I will try to find out, The rug is pre ww2

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

My mistake. I actually wasn't trying to quote you. I misread the sentence. That's all that happened. That's why I wrote "I don't understand what you mean." I wasn't sure what you were getting at. Sorry for the mistake.

new topics

top topics

join